PSV/Deportivo la Coruna [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DSC05, Sep 30, 2003.

1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    PSV lost again in the Champions League this time to Deportivo la Coruna.

Sergio and Pandiani scored the goals for Depor.

2. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I just got back from a lengthly meeting, so I'm just about catching up on the CL scores.

SOO.....once more, P$V fucjed it up...yet again.
    Now of course I didin't watch the match but on the merit of their recent results in Europe one has to wonder what they've been doing wrong.
    Let's face it; they are a very good side but just incredibly poor in Europe. I'd like to hear what PSV supporters think of this match, and the previous ones. Or why they can not translate their domestic dominance over to European matches.
    I'm sure Depor is a very good side but still....

Same goes for Arsenal. All things considerd, their 0-0 draw in Moskova is not too bad, if one judges them based on just this result but the fact that they were humiliated at home to Inter last time around 0-3. Now that's a shocking result. In fact, I think Arsenal won at Philips Stadium last year in the CL by the same/similar margin.

3. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Thus far, Dutch clubs have produced some bad results in Europe in this season.

Only Utrect & Feyenoord have won, and even so, only just.

4. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    PSV dominates the Eredivisie wk in, wk out. I don’t see why the struggle so much in the CL. Side bar, how come FSW doesn’t show anyone else besides them & whoever their beating up Staurday?

5. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well that's the mystery of the season.

Actually, FSW had a contract to show Dutch footie, on Saturdays. (for the majority, as it seems)

Incidentally PSV plays most of their matches on Saturdays whereas Ajax & Feyenoord plays most of their matches on Sundays, hence the current debacle.

6. soccermoney

soccermoney New Member

Jul 6, 2003
    california
    But the mystery is that when psv played feyenoord they showed the match on the sunday. I really think theyre gonna show psv the whole year because of the dutch broadcast provider.