PSV - AC Milan [R] 8/20/13 - CL Play-off Round (Game 1/2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Aug 11, 2013.

1. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    SES!!!
    1-0 Very nice start

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Abbiati with another big save

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    good 1st half

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the shot chart i'm watching looks like we've been outshot about 12-3. have they had many good chances? abbiati saving the day?

5. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    PSV playing well...

6. GioGyan

GioGyan Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Netherlands
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Laos
    Gotya bitches!

7. Fellini

Fellini Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Pa - USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    milan should of played better than they did. If milan had a attacking midfielder i think they would be a much better team. They struggled against a team of teenagers.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    well, i stepped away from my computer, when i came back it was 1-1. the away goal is good heading home to san siro for next week.

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    No a bad result - an away goal. We were outplayed most of the match and were fortunate that PSV is still young and inexperieinced as some of our mistake could have been costly. However, we had few good chances as well and SES and Balo could have scored more.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Even though we don't have a great team per say, having a player like De Jong in midfield is a world of comfort I haven't felt in a long time.

With De Jong we can push our stratosphere higher and surprise a few people this season.

I except us to get the home result and once that is achieved you're going to see a few signings. The transfer season isn't over for us just yet...

11. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    yea, even before the game i thought a tie would be a good result considering it's our first game of the season, and theirs already started. now that that has been said, we were fortunate that the game ended a tie, as they hit the post and had some other very good chances. at the san siro though, i expect a win.

12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great game for nuetrals and prob a good result for both teams. PSV is wonderful. Really a great team with promising youngsters. I think Milan will win at San Siro but PSV is no push over. I was rly impressed with them. SES/Balo partnership is rly coming together nicely. I'd like Balo to come back more and "create" like Ibra used to do. Boateng seemed lost today. He didn't add much nor do anything. I'd rather have Niang up there. I think Poli should play instead of Muntari as he adds a lil more offense and can still win balls and be box to box guy. I'd like Boateng to play in midfield instead but we all know that's not happening. Overall a nice game. I think the result is decent enough that we can win. We played better as the game went on, and only gave up the goal on a rebound. I look forward to next week. Next weeks game is literally worth 30mil. Incredible how important it is for the 2nd game of the season...

13. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Welcome back to competitive scoring SES. Saw brief parts of the game. Away goal = good.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  14. SandroNesta13

SandroNesta13 Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Milano/Lago di Como
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Niang > KPB
    Poli > Sulley/Nocerino

Cannot really blame Abbiati for the goal...I don't think many keepers could control that...too much swerving with the modern ball

Still not entirely comfortable with Zapata. Swoop for Paolo Cannavaro?

Milan have a wonderful attack but they are missing a dynamo in the attacking midfield (someone like Hamsik)...hopefully Honda or Ljajic or ERIKSEN can be that

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If we qualify you may very well see Eriksen in a Rosseneri jersey before August 30th.

16. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #42 Kqql, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    CL Play-off Game 1/2
    RECAP -> PSV 1 - AC Milan 1

Goals:
    0-1 El Shaarawy @ 15" (Assist Abate)
    1-1 Matavz @ 50"

PSV:
    Zoet;
    Brenet, Bruma, Rekik, Willems;
    Schaars (Hiljemark 88), Maher;
    Park (Jozefzoon 68), Wijnaldum, Depay;
    Matavz (Locadia 75)

Milan:
    Abbiati;
    Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson;
    Montolivo, De Jong (Poli 77), Muntari;
    Boateng (Niang 84), Balotelli, El Shaarawy

http://www.football-italia.net/38578/cl-milan-earn-eindhoven-draw

.​

17. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    do we know if de sciglio will be back from injury or will emanuelson most likely play LB again?

18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    de sciglio is available this weekend, so i assume he will be ready for midweek.