PSG vs REAL MADRID I Champions League GROUP STAGE I 18.09.19 I 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Aensensen, Sep 17, 2019.

1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Is not the players at this point. We are simply not training to a high tactical standard anymore.
    We seem to be doing lots of rondos though.

2. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    How can ZZ admit to the media that there is a lack of intensity? that is shameful. if he's not able to motivate the players then go.

I don't think he even believes it himself, he is trying to cover up his tactical failings. I don't like that in a person. Own up buddy. Say you got the game plan wrong or something. Admit it.

He will quit when it gets tough like last time.

That's a fact by the way. He QUIT when it got a bit tough. Admirable. What a legend.

3. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I think I just agreed with everything you said.

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    and when did we get to see these 5 players playing from start, together?
    never.
    here lies the problem...

5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the 3 CLs were never just on Zidane's.
    he had CR
    he had a well established defense ironed by Mourinho and Carlo
    and a midfield ironed by Carlo.
    the formation was already done and well prepared for him.
    I'd say the only addition Zidane did was Casemiro as a starter. That is what he added - and to be honest, in many CL games it did made a difference, but the thing is, he never created a formation. Now he needs to, but he can't bench old timers and he constantly stick to something that is not working.

6. halamadrid88

halamadrid88 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Feb 3, 2019
    This was so painful :( to watch. It hurts.
    I am afraid it may only get worse.

Next , we play Sevilla away. I expect the below to unfold:

(ofcourse, ex-madridistas will end up hurting us - the curse?)

1.Lopetegui to produce a tactical masterclass
    2.Reguillon to produce a brilliant performance
    And
    3.oh yes, you guessed it - Lucas Vasquez, getting ready to come on in around 65th Minute mark and we would be trailing 2-0 or 3-0.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You forgot zidane to talk about intensity in the post press conference...

Aensensen repped this.
  8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m excited for the Sevilla match because focusing on it is slowly helping me forget yesterday's mess. Hope the squad finds a new level to play at, we know what happened at Sevilla last season.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm excited for every minute of real Madrid content in my life even if we suck. I have to admit my affection to the hoops team is bigger out of being able to be closer to the team than in the football matches where they seem to be on another planet from the fans, but I support nothing and nobody as much as this team. :ROFLMAO:

RMSocrates repped this.
  10. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You had 4 of those 5 start on wednesday. Are you saying Jović starting instead of Benz would make a world od difference? I'm not following.

11. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #936 Varnagel, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    As usual, Benzema is the poster boy whenever Real Madrid are losing. Which makes zero sense. His goal was disallowed thanks to Lucas Vazquez & his header went slightly outside the post. Benzema was far from Real Madrid's worst player vs. PSG.

How often happens this with Carvajal/Kroos/Ramos/Varane/Marcelo etc?

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    upload_2019-9-20_13-25-2.png

This is a trend in this squad. Doubling positions. Always. Not just while defending but also while attacking. Why cover the most dangerous space and player, when you can cover less dangerous player and space. Varane beautifully opens space for Di Maria. Tactical comprehension 101.

I swear, it is as if half of this squad transformed into utter imbeciles in last two seasons, while Zidane spent every single day of his vacation snorting cocaine.

p.s: that second mid in the frame is James,right? While Kroos lagging behind?

13. halamadrid88

halamadrid88 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Feb 3, 2019
    I also forgot to add :
    4. Chicharito would definitely score.

i just hope the scoreline doesn't look really abysmal.

14. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Kroos is the unsung hero in many opposition locker rooms. SMH

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I mean he has become the focal point of every teams tactics.

Re-watch the PSG match if yiu have the stomach and look at how much they targeted him. Look at how they roughed him up or tried to rush him from behind.

They did their homework no doubt.

Yeah yeah Kroos had a billion % pass rate. Best player on the pitch.

MaxY, Aensensen and temesgen repped this.
  16. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Benzema is top #1 in La liga so far concerning player rating - how is Jovic going to get any minutes with 1 striker?
    They need to change to 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1), but I doubt we enjoy the thought playing with 3 dedenders with amount goals against so far. :)

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Bale can do the Jovic role..playing as SS
    Zidane needs to sort out the forward situation with Bale... playing him wide means we need to stick to 433 and playing him as 2nd forward means that we bought Jovic for nothing if Bale is staying..
    Now factor in Hazard who must play every game and you have a headache trying to form the starting XI.. this was probably one of the reasons why Zidane said it is best for everybody if Bales leaves.
    The BBH may work if we get two new midfielders who run and defend like Mendy.
    If you see Liverpool their mids are all workhorses..

BjornH repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We could play a 4141 with Hazard and Bale wide.

Combination of Modric, James, Isco or Valverde in the middle.

Combination of Hazard, Bale, Isco, Vinicius and Brahim as outside midfielders.

Casemiro and Valverde as holding mids.

BjornH and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes I do, I seriously expect that if we manage to get the ball to the final third that the “legend” that is Benz , the third or fourth best player in the world apparently Hazard and Multi million pound paid Gareth should be capable of creating something together, whether the build up to them receiving the ball was great or not, they have it, they are supposed to be quality players, it’s why they were signed for lots of money, and are paid well

surely between them they can make something happen with their quality and intelligence, demanding that they do jack and putting all the blame on the way the mids and defence play I cannot buy into , I get it could be better with mids playing better but surely the three of them should have the quality to create chances and get shots on goal as long as the ball reaches them, regardless of what the mids and defense have done , they are absolved of any responsibility far far too often IMO, and I am not talking about just this season or these three players in particular

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've said it when we signed Jovic, he's Benzema's sub. Karim is in a great form for a while now and Jovic has to be patient and use the minutes he gets. He's young and has a lot to learn.

BjornH repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #946 janos audron, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    If you cannot understand how important build up is for creative play in final third, then i cannot help you.

Also, this is not 5th division football. As such "throw them a ball and they should create something from thin air because they are top tier forwards" does not fly in the long run considering opponents at top level have tactical comprehension and quickly shut down individual plays. Especially in the case of teams which struggle in case of group / team tactics, such as current Real.

Halycon repped this.