PSG vs. Lille [R]

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Carefree 95, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    [​IMG][​IMG]

PSG vs. Lille

26/8/07

18.00h

Pre/During/Post match comments here

2. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    Well the game has just finished 1-1.

Makoun scored in the 43rd minute to give Lille the lead and PAF equalised in the 87th, with Pauleta missing a penalty in between.

The final whistle was greeted with boos and whistles from the PSG fans.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Shamefull tactics by Pualetta and Diane flopping to get penalties in the second half.

PSG looked aweful this match. Unless something changes, they'll be in the bottom half of the table all year long.

4. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've come to accept that we'll always going to be shite , if PLG can't even get it right then that says alot about this joke of a club .

5. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Call me crazy, but I think I sense a bit of a turnaround at PSG actually, since even though they were completely outplayed in various stretches, they managed to eke out a result. Typically when teams turn it around, it's by getting a good result when they're playing badly. Hence it woudn't shock me if PSG start on a hot streak now. Of course, I have no idea has to how that'll happen, as I think the team simply has to play much better because they do have the ability.

6. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    I don't think that game will turn things around. They did they're usual thing, start well and then after 30 mins look like relegation fodder for the rest of the match. The only reason they got anything out of the game was because of terrible Lille finishing (they really should have scored at least 3 times) mixed with a bit of luck in scoring the goal (as Makoun switched off and got robbed and PAF happened to be in the right place at the right time).

However we all have to hope for a turnaround before OM on Sunday. In spite of all our problems that is the game that we all get behind the team no matter what!

ALLLLLEZ PARIS!

7. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The frustrating thing about this PSG match, like most, is that you can see the possibility of getting much better within it, as well as the possibility of getting much worse.

This team needs a deadly striker; Pauleta's role as poacher, and Peguy's role of sitter-misser, is not enough.

Also, what is Yepes' status?

8. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    Benched.

The rumour is PLG and Cayzac are trying to force the big earners out of the club, and Yepes is the biggest, so by benching him they are trying to force him to leave to get first team football.

9. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not to be boastful, though how about that turnaround I called? ;) Didn't watch the match, although I hear PSG really had a good team effort out there.

10. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England
    I haven't seen the game yet either, but the measure of the turnaround will be sunday.

11. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As it turns out, both teams will be looking for a turnaround. I wonder who's more desperate.