PSG Transfer Thread - NEW AND IMPROVED!

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by guignol, May 17, 2009.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    new and improved would have been a good description of last summer's recruitement (well, the players were old, but the idea was fresh) but as always i'm dollar short and a year late!

2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I hope that the rumor about Vieira coming to PSG is a joke. This guy clearly past it and he's always injured. It would be a massive mistake. If all what Makelele can do when he'll stop football (he better do it:rolleyes:) is bringing his old friends with huge salaries who can barely run without getting injured at PSG, he better find another job.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Vieira said that he's open to it so I dont think its a joke. Its not a bad move to get him for a couple of years and he can help with the younger players. There are far worse moves you could make. He's 32 and Rothen whos 31 will probably be gone so its not like youre adding another older player without getting rid of one.

4. JonnyI

JonnyI New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is intersted in Sessegnon, is there anything to this or only a rumor?

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think theres a good chance he could leave since PSG arent strong financially.

I see today that Coupet and Heinze will probably sign. 2 older more experienced international type players is good to have.

6. JonnyI

JonnyI New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Coupet and Heinze to Paris?
    Hmm... if also vieira signs they have kind of an old-boys team:S
    But one experienced player in each line could be good for the youngsters, maybe Sakho could take the next step he need to be first choice
    But they already have Landreau... Is he on the way out or is Coupet a backup or is Landreau going to be the backup?:S

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    imo

coupet: starts.

landreau: starts to look for new job.

8. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Landreau said he wants to leave PSG because of its instability. That's why PSG are looking for a replacement. Being interested in Coupet, it's another proof of how Colony Capital are ambitious for PSG. At least they have the ambition to make PSG the pension of French football. Coupet has never been brilliant but he worked hard and became a very solid goalkeeper, I respect him for that. However, I don't care what Coupet has done in the past, he got injured for quite a long time at Lyon and when he came he wasn't as good as he was before and during the past season at Madrid he hasn't played enough to remain at a good level. At his age and even for a goalkeeper, it's important to play frequently but he couldn't.

If PSG were really ambitious, they would chase Douchez. I won't mention Carasso since he would be hated by some supporters for being a former Marseille player. I don't see what's the problem in investing about 8 million Euros or more for a goalkeeper like Douchez instead of willing to spend the same amound of money for a player just beyond average like Erding. He's 29 years old and the position of goalkeeper is kinda protected from the hunger of the richest clubs in Europe so it would be a long term investment.

As for Heinze, it's the same rumor every 6 months..I'll believe it, when it'll be written on PSG.fr.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    If they sign Erding I think they want him to replace Peguy or Kezman but both of those guys are still there so I dont know why they havent made a decision on them yet to make room for Erding. He's not replacing Pancrate thats for sure. Maybe Erding eventually stays at Sochaux because they want too much money. I think with Hoarau, Kezman, Peguy, Pancrate up front, this is PSG's strongest position on the team and upgrading other positions should be the main priority.

10. JonnyI

JonnyI New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Both Peguy and Kezman has had an average season, but Kezmans curve point up and he has promised a better season next year, and Peguy has been a good backup, some games he has played wery good, so its a tough decision to choose who to send away

11. Can PSG fan

Can PSG fan New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Peggy is going because he would not sign an extension. Erding is good for 6-8 million but there are better players for 10. Why is PSG never involved in the Menez rumors? I could be wrong but I thought he supported psg as a boy and he is versatile which is what psg need.

12. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    no, not Coupet, please, not that overrated overhyped old loser piece of %#$#$ %$#@# @#@ $# $@$@# !@#$@$ @$#@@#$@ $#@$@#$ . :D
    You can tell I hate the man, I hate the player, I hate his face, I hate what he represents, and his presence alone would be a bigger humiliation than Kezman. :D
    This will be as bad as Barthez.
    He should know he will get hell from the whole Parc, this isn't that village called Lyon, he isn't wanted here.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    oooooh, harsh!
    we loved greg when he was here... but we got over him surprisingly easily. :D

comparing him to any old baldy butthead is unfair though. there's no denying he had a hard time of it in the EdF and while he was at Lyon he was a real leader, and an excellent keeper, some years really meriting comparison to the world's best. he opened his big mouth too much but more from naïvety than anything else, he doesn't have a catty bone in his body.

it's anyone's guess what level he'll play at if he goes to PSG, but a lead pipe cinch he'd be better than landreau.

it's a shame he didn't follow his real inclination and go to the MLS. that's what he really wanted until he found out what they pay there! and now the big stumbling block is the salary he went to stuff mattresses with. like i say, we love greg but he never was the brightest candle in the fête des lumières.

14. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    PSG transfers are just impossible to figure out. We have no idea how much money they have to spend. Different figures are always reported but whats the real truth. There are always surprises involved it seems.

15. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Here we are looking July right in the face and it's the usual list of names that are nothing more then one-two year paychecks for a vacation in Paris.

Sexy football for a sexy city... it's simple stuff. I don't expect Ronaldo's and Kaka's to come to PSG but is it too much to ask for a few Euro's to be spent on some proper footballers. It's disgraceful to see how our club is run at the moment.... fantastic supporters standing inside a fantastic stadium within one of the most influentual cities on planet earth should have one of the strongest FC's across the globe.

16. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So true so sad...

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  18. Antoine

Antoine Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  19. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Finally some life coming out of the board room and onto the pitch...

Some names in the press as of recent :

Erding :
    http://goal.com/en/news/90/france/2...ris-saint-germain-will-happen-sochaux-striker

Lee : (I like this one a lot)
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11820_5394756,00.html

Patrick Viera :
    too many articles to choose from

Coupet :
    all over the place (shitty pick up if u ask me)

Eboue :
    http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/June/20/eboue-denies-psg-link/

Odemwingie :
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11820_5399105,00.html

Elm :
    http://www.espoirsdufootball.com/5775-euro-espoirs-2009-rasmus-elm-suivi-par-le-psg-et-lom.html

20. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Erding is in....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_5405065,00.html

Would seem like the Lee transfer is now in doubt, although he can play on the left which would replace Rothen. Proof is in the pudding as they say, personally I don't think Erding is worth what we paid, plus there are so many other better striker options this summer in the transfer world.

Still need a good veteran centerback and another creative midfielder with some speed.

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    HE"S HERE! :D

"s.o.s" :eek:

22. Antoine

Antoine Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    LOL
    He will be a good recruit if he score less than Landreau ;)
    Erding will sign his contract tonight. Parisian's recruitment is launched !

23. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    is coupet that bad? and how is Mevlut Erding?

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i only saw coupet play a couple of times for atletico, one a trouncing by a barca en état de grâce. he was platooned it seems which is always poison for goalkeepers, one can say he was never given a chance.

at his best at OL he was awesome, and in several seasons i can't recall him having more than a few matches where he was less than very good... even at the end he was difinitely better than landreau. this will prove a very good signing i think.

25. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm a new fan hey guys, but how is our defense and midfield looking up?