PSG tickets

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by yojimbo81, Jan 14, 2010.

1. w00dkid

w00dkid New Member

May 16, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi -

I am a football fan and I am visiting Paris in a few weeks. I wanted to experience a game at PdP as I have never seen a Ligue 1 match. Only match that fits my schedule will be the 11-10 fixture vs Stade Brestois. Honestly, I don't know anything about Brestois but its the only match that works in terms of timing.

First, would it be worth it to go see this match? I have read that the PdP is dead this year and Brestois I believe is a lower table side.

Second, is there a way to get discounted tickets? I know in the US you can pay less than face value for tickets for less desireable games. Is there a french stubhub? or craigslist? Are there scaplers at the stadium?

If not, I am sure I can get tickets the day before from the PSG store on the Champs Elysees. But paying 40E - 55E to see a crap match might not be worth it.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!!!

2. kenken

kenken New Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hello guys I also had some questions and hoped that a native French speaker could help me out.

I'm planning on cheking out PSG vs Nice on Sept 21st. On their web site the it say tickets starts from 15 euro. When I log in and try to select a ticket for those seat I cann't select them. Does it mean it's sold out.

The 15 Euro tickets are "Places Tous PSG" section and there are "1/4 Virages" and "Virages". What does this mean? if any one can help I really appriciate your help.

Thank you

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    a quick and easy answer based on what i know as a lyon supporter obviously wouldn't have done, the recent (and not so recent) history of goings-on in and around the PdP obviously make this a special case. and since i'm a really, really good guy i've taken the time to suss it all out.

@w00dkid : for better or worse the parc isn't and never will be what it was, but it's becoming a reasonably good atmosphere for everyone, including families, to watch a match. SB29 made a pretty good showing last year for a promu but isn't going great guns so far this season. scalpers and other kinds of ad hoc resales are practically unknown here and especially for PSG: on their forum for example there is a strict rule about ticket exchanges that other clubs don't have. and tickets these days tend to be nominative; though they don't check ID at gerland the parc may be different.

@kenken : the 15€, 20€ and 32€ tickets are only available to those who have the TOUS PSG card. these are free but you have to get it in person at the PdP. the idea is to control very scrupulously who gets into the ends.

@both : all is not lost. i doubt either of these matches will sell out and you may be able to get the card and your ticket at the same time while you're in paris, i've asked for confirmation on the PSG forum. and a PSG supporter's card would be a nice souvenir, wouldn't it?

last note: these matches may be announced for sunday but the date can still change to saturday depending on which matches are going to be televised. date and time are made official and definite a few days before.

you may rise.

4. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Definitely not for the better Guignol . Sure le Parc is now family friendly which some people will like but the stadium was not known for that . It was known for it's intimidating atmosphere and colours , which was the best in France and one of the best in the world .

Now that the Ultras have been forced out the atmosphere is dead . And the attendances have dropped drastically .

Families and children are there to watch a show like a theatre . I didn't grow up with PSG in a soulless stadium .

When I see what happend to Nice too I feel for them . Their stadium is not the same .

In short , family stadiums sucks .

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    NP, i share your general attitude; however...

- parc attendances did drop just after the supp groups were disbanded but will soon be back to normal: the first two matches this season filled to 80% and for august that's excellent. and though it's a mickeymouse indicator the LFP has them leading the championnat de france des tribunes .

- the new crowd will not be all families, thank god: basically the same people will be back, with the exception of the hardcore asskickers i would imagine you don't miss any more than leproux did.

- what happened was regrettable but the above-mentioned element that spoiled the party for everyone had had it coming for years and only the basest kind of stupidity kept them from seeing the writing on the wall.

- about Nice: the virages of the stade du ray have long been a nursery for the FN (and worse). incidents at Louis II, and in the port with bastia supporters (who weren't even playing against OGCN, they were on their way to fréjus!) showed just where their passion really lied: duking it out! any feeling for them is, in my opinion, sadly misplaced.

in any case, Nice has been lanterne rouge in attendance for years, and the reasons have nothing to do with fervor, nazillonne or otherwise. the stadium is a dire s***hole, not even homologated for ligue 1 (Nice only stays in the top flight by derogation) and neither city nor département, both as corrupt as the day is long, could or would do anything about it. if it hadn't been for the city being picked for 2016... even then it would be interesting to know what kind of wholesome goings on got that decided.

it doesn't help attendance that the lion's share of seats in the stade du ray are in the presidentielles, the most expensive seats, and to make matters worse the city always gets large numbers of freebies... as happens everywhere, to give to youth clubs for example, but in due PACA tradition these ones just end up on the black market.

6. jkillah

jkillah New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Al Rayyan SC
    My friends and I are looking to come over to Paris in December and watch either the PSG Lille game or the PSG Auxerre.

Having looked on the website it says the tickets are 15 euros but I read above about having to pick up our supporters card before we can do this.

Would we be able to do this on the day for these matches? Will they both sell out? Do you only need one card to book a group?

Without the supporters card what are the normal prices for tickets?

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i have received confirmation from people on the official PSG forum that you can indeed get the TOUSPSG card and buy your ticket at the same time. the card is free and each individual must have one. you must have to show ID to get it but for foreign visitors that's obviously no issue.

the idea behind the card is that everyone has to show ID in person before being allowed to buy tickets for the kops.

it's hard to predict whether these matches will completely sell out as the club is presently rebuilding its fan base. my guess is that auxerre will probably not sell out, lille likely will (that's why tickets for that match aren't on sale yet: the custom for such matches is to reduce the sales period and give card holders a few days priority) but in both cases the cheaper seats will be the hardest to come by. sections open to people without a card start at 35€ for auxerre and probably 40€ or 45€ for lille but the price for those sections is reduced to 32€ if you have the card.

note that once you have the card everything becomes simpler, it's a hoop you only need to jump through once.

here's a tip: regularly check out the PSG ticket page to see how things develop for the lyon match on oct 2 (which is not on sale yet either) and you'll get a good idea of what's going to happen for lille.

8. jpurpura

jpurpura New Member

May 19, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    I'll be in Paris November 3rd for the Europa League game and the cheapest tickets are 30 euros, is there anyway to get cheaper seats at the ends of the stadium? Thanks for your patience, ive never been to a ligue 1 match, and dont speak a word of french so im trying to acquire as much as I can now.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the seats in the ends are 15€ and 20€. as i indicated earlier you need the PSG card to buy these; it's free but you have to get it in person. i doubt this match will sell out so you can probably get both card and tix the day of the match.

info for jkillah : the PdP is averaging around 80% capacity so it looks like the auxerre match will not sell out. the lyon match has been sold out for a few days so lille almost definitely will as well.

kenken and w00dkid were planning to go to the matches in september. give them a poke to see what they can tell you.

10. PhilaFAB

PhilaFAB New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hello All. I'll be in Paris over the weekend of March 24 and 25 and I would like to try and get two tickets to the PSG v. Bordeaux game at the PdP. I tried PSG's website, but it looks like you need a username and password to access the tickets (I'm assuming you have to be a club member?). Any suggestions as to how I can get reasonably priced tickets (other than the 150$ + tickets I've seen on fnac)?

How has the attendance been this season? Is it fair to assume I can just show up and buy two tickets at the gate? I've never been to a Ligue 1 match and would relish the opportunity to do so.

Thank you.

11. Swellster

Swellster Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have been hella tough to get especially with PSG at the top of the table.

http://www.psg.fr/en/news-filinfos/101001/Breaking-News/57221/Meilleure-affluence-en-L1-pour-le-PSG

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if you read through this thread most of your questions have been answered, some perhaps more than once, but i'm getting to know this by heart...

signing up for the website is as easy as signing up for big soccer; it's getting the tousPSG card that you need to get in person, and that's the only way to get the cheap virage tickets.

the website offers at first glance tickets for 70€ general public and 45€ tousPSG... but when you keep clicking you find out the match is sold out.

too bad you won't be in town the wednesday before for the cup match against lyon: those matches are generally easier to get and cheaper, general public still available at 35€, and it should be a better match.

amazing how ticket prices have gone up in paris this year! they used to be roughly equivalent to gerland and i generally pay less than 25€... in fact i saw a cup match this year for 8€!

the fnac usually only takes a couple euro surcharge for tickets, but it looks like they're scalping PSG tickets: 150€ for 100€ seats!

a last suggestion: if you're interested in PSG and will be going back to paris occasionally, drop by the Parc and get your tousPSG card: it's free, immediate, and if you had one now there might be still be some of those cheaper tickets to be had.

13. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If anyone is looking for tickets to the PSG/Chelsea game July 22nd in NY at Yankee Stadium, I have two available. Had to buy a package deal to get tickets for the Milan/Madrid game. If you are interested, let me know.

14. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a soccer fan that happened to be in Paris for a week. I support Arsenal (and have watched them in London), but I try to watch a sporting event in every major city I visit. Fans like you certainly make me not want to be a fan of PSG. You also have a pretty high opinion of yourself if you think that the club would give out free merchandise to post on this forum. I didn't even see the asshole response you left until BS went to the new forum software that has alerts for old threads.

15. stockmanjr

stockmanjr Member

Jun 22, 2003
    NYC
    Heading to Paris this morning was thinking of going to the match tonight. Saw tickets on Finac should I be alright heading down to the ground to get tickets tonight? Do I still need a Tours carte?

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sorry no one was around to help you but if you could add a little feedback about your weekend it may be of use to future visitors!

17. stockmanjr

stockmanjr Member

Jun 22, 2003
    NYC
    No worries ended up getting tickets in the I block for EUR 40 right before kickoff from the box office. There were tons of touts trying to get rid of tickets some were willing to sell for 30 but I wasn't sure how legit these guys were? Cracking fixture had a great time!

guignol repped this.
  18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    glad to hear it. all things considered i think chances are 80% that these scalpers were legit but 20% risk to make 25% gain isn't worth the headache. and since the money goes right into the coffers of L1 clubs you did the right thing.

august is great for the spectators that stay in town (i just got a deal for 3 OL matches for 24 euros) except kicking off at 5pm in 38 degree heat is a bitch.

19. interchino

interchino New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Hi Everyone,

I'm going to Paris in two weeks and will be there when PSG play Dynamo at the Parc. Any tips on how to get CL tickets for the game? When I go to the ticket section (http://www.psg.fr/fr/Saison/207001/Billetterie) the Dynamo Kyiv game is not listed. As a test, I tried to purchase the Tolouse tickets and it appears to require some sort of login. I've looked at third party sites like viagogo (http://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Ticke...n-Premier-League/Dynamo-Kiev-Tickets/E-481711) and they seem quite expensive. Is this normal pricing for CL games?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I really want to experience a CL game live!

Thanks!

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the CL matches are only being offered in a pack. judging by what i know from OL i thought that meant you needed to but tix to all three CL matches together (individual match tickets sometimes go o sale a couple of days before game but generally they're sold out before then). looking more closely at the PSG site however i see that the "packs" mix CL and L1 matches; for the kiev match you also need to buy a ticket for either toulouse or sochaux. in the cheapest section on sale to the general public (A bleu haut) the pair with TFC is 69€ and with FCSM 64€.

signing up with the PSG site takes 2 minutes, as simple as for BS, and that's probably the way to go. viagogo and sites like it are always a ripoff. more "legit" sellers like carrfour and fnac don't have access to seats for this match yet, and my guess is that it will sell out before they do. the advantage with them would have been being able to buy only psg-kiev, and being able to print the ticket at home, which PSG doesn't offer (probably the only club in L1 who still doesnt have this possibility)... note also that their site technically works horribly for me on IE, the "reserver" button doesn't even show but by navigating around you can get to a page where it does (look all the way bottom right): http://www.psg.fr/fr/Saison/204002/Prochain-Match/1358/PSG-Kiev

interchino repped this.
  21. interchino

interchino New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Thanks a lot guignol! I had no idea the login was asking for the site registration. I thought it was some sort of Supporters Club membership like when I went to see Arsenal. That really clears things up.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll let you know how things go. I also contacted my hotel concierge to see if they can be any help in getting tickets.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that login is just the site membership. it may ask you for the same again when you click on reserver (i know my account on olweb which is always open gets a doublecheck before letting me buy tickets). if you try to order tickets je reserve avec ma carte tous PSG (which gives you access to the kops) then you'll need a separate membership number... which is also free but you can't get it online, only in person at the PdP (see posts above about that)

23. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, Guignol, thank you so much for all of the help, all of the previous posts are great. I'm planning on being in Paris from November 2-4, and hoping to get a chance to see PSG vs. St. Etienne. St. Etienne isn't exactly a big fixture, so hopefully some of the cheap seats will be available.

When talking about the PSG Tous card that you pick up at the PdP, where exactly do you get it? Is there a kiosk? Do I just ask for a Tous card, and fill out some sheet of paper, and voila? Just wondering what the process is like. If anyone else will be at the game DM me, would love to meet up.

Cheers

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

24, rue du Commandant Guilbaud, Paris 16e