PSG tickets

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by yojimbo81, Jan 14, 2010.

1. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be in Paris on May 15th. On that day PSG hosts Montpellier. Are tickets typically availiable on match day or are sellouts routine. Being the last fixture of the season I would expect a large crowd but you never know. Even if tickets were up for grabs there may be hurdles in the way of ticket sales regulations. What should I expect if I find myself in Paris on the 15th of May? Will it be worth my time to seek out a ticket (2 actually)?

2. DanishDuke

DanishDuke Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Cumberland RI
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the link DD gives is a good one and though it doesn't look like it on the surface i think you can print out the tix at home (look under les modes d'obtention.)

tickets generally go on sale to the public 6-8 weeks before so you don't see montpellier yet.

if you want to wait and will be in france a week before the match you can go to ANY carrefour or fnac and get tickets. the parc may not sell out for a may fixture... but then it might!

as for PSG - OM seats the only operative words are dream on. season pass and preferred cardholders got 'em all before they ever went general public.

4. yojimbo81

yojimbo81 Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Those tickets are expensive. Cheapest one is 40 Euro.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that is expensive! already starting at 30€ seemed pricey to me but there aren't any for 30€. i paid 10€ for lyon - montpellier! those were cheap seats (we always sit in the north end) and a special deal because xmas break had a lot of people out of town, but the normal price is 26€ for me and 15€ for my son.

having to convert into $ doesn't help either, but the exchange rate wasn't always that bad.

6. DanishDuke

DanishDuke Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Cumberland RI
    What do the match tickets look like for a PSG game? Do tickets have your name of them, and I have to have an ID to match the tickets?

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not sure, but i've only started seeing my name on OL tix since i started printing them at home. at carrefour or fnac you get ticketron style tickets. don't think they'll ask you for ID at the gate since tickets are transferable and between the first check, the patdown, the turnstile and the final check at your section can't take all day or getting the seats filled would take all night!

8. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bumping an old thread, but I will be in Paris on Sept 11th. What is the best way to go about getting tickets for PSG? Are there brokers or can we order through PSG's website? Getting tickets to Arsenal was a mess but worth it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the PSG website would be much better than any broker. unfortunately they don't have a print at home option like just about every other club in france, probably because they want to see ID*. but you can pick up your tix at any fnac or carrouf in the land so the hassle is minor (unless you're like me, both those places make me break out in hives).

*re #6: note that due to incidents recent and otherwise you now apparently need to show ID and a note from your mother to gain admittance to the PdP.

10. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for being slow to get back. The site seems weird about reserving tickets ahead of time from the US, particularly since I don't speak French. Should I try my luck of going to the ticket office the day of the match?

11. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Expect very low attendance for all the games at the PDP this season so you will be able to buy your tickets the day of the match.

12. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent! (that I should get tickets; not that there will be low attendance...) Thanks!

13. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my tickets for tomorrow. What are the bag and camera restrictions as far as getting into the stadium? We'll be hitting a few Paris sights prior to the match and probably won't have a chance to hit the apartment prior to the match, so I'll still have my DSLR and a small bag with a water bottle, etc.

Thanks.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    don't know about the PdP but probably not much different from gerland, the vélodrome or GG: they'll certainly let you bring in a small bag, but you'll have to surrender the cap to your water bottle.

the trick is to have a second cap stashed somewhere in the bag they won't see; they don't have time to turn it inside out after all.

about cameras, i've seen them in gerland before so when i went to the official presentation (all entrance via toff's gate) i was puzzled to see a sign saying they were forbidden!

rest assured. i found the stadium regulations, cameras seem specifically allowed, since they mention pictures taken can only be for personal and non-commercial use. http://s.psg.fr/psg/file/200810/Règlement intérieur du Parc des Princes 2008-2009.pdf

have fun!

15. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They made me put my DSLR in the concierge area, but I thankfully remembered to pick it up, so no big deal.

The match was a great time. Lots of chances, a 4-0 win, so the fans were jovial. Despite only being 2/3rd full, the stadium was loud and the atmosphere was excellent. Thanks for all the help as far as tickets. To others considering taking in a match, I'd highly recommend catching one if you are in Paris for a home weekend match. :)

I was kind of let down by the selection at the team store, so I picked up a training top (w/ the Eiffel only crest) at the shop near the FDR station.

16. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Wow you must be a complete noob to have enjoyed that.
    Or a tool sent by Lepreux. It was as pathetic as Arles' team, the worst team in L1 history. If anything it's a disgrace not to have won that game by over a 4 goal differential.

Either way, I hope you did not pay for your ticket, or you would be a complete sucker. Then again, every tourist gets had, so it's only natural. :p
    The parc is dead. This season is pathetic, the stadium is completely empty, 2/3rd of the folks present were given out free invitations only to fill the stadium, they are amplifying few chants, all to give out the impression that all is well in disneyland. You have the stadium less than 4/10th full, knowing that most of them were free or discounted tickets.

One year ago they sold-out in freezing conditions to watch a pathetic 0-0 display.
    Nowadays they are giving out free tickets to anyone they could find in ideal weather against both weak and reputable teams, and they still cannot fill out the stadium. Serves them right for being opportunistic lying pieces of shit.
    Colony Go Home.

Attendances are abysmal comparing just to last season, and things are only going to get worse for them once the cold weather comes.
    They'll know where they can stick their ********ing Germain the new mascot.

Seriously, did they give you free merchandise just so that you would post this BS on the internet?

17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Woah man . Have you had time to think that possibly Quentin isn't a supporter ? I mean , I can perfectly understand that . Sure , people like him helps Leproux's plans effectively but he probably doesn't even know the issues with him and CC .

If he was a self-confessed PSG supporter then I'd be disappointed .

18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think quentin had a great time, took advantage of his chance to go to the PdP, and doesn't deserve the flak gotham would like to give leproux.

19. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not really related to PSG itself but thought that a French person might be helpful in my case.

I ordered 2 tickets for PSG - Dortmund on the PSG website (Francebillet) and they still haven't arrived so I wrote an email to Francebillet and they gave me a tracking number that looks like this N° RK + 9 numbers + FR (like this: RK000000000FR). But where can I actually check the status? What kind of postal service do they use?

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    in their FAQ they mention la poste and on this page the box on the right Suivi des envois mentions a 13 character tracking code, so try that.

21. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thanks, that worked! They're on my way. :)

22. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Just figured I would bump this thread rather than start a new one just in case I or anyone else get the opportunity to go see a PSG home match and have any sort of questions.:)

23. j_capitain

j_capitain New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Toronto
    I'm hoping to get a pair of tickets for the Lyon game on October 2nd and am not having an easy time finding them online. Neither the PSG or OL websites have them available and re-sale sites have them listed as starting at $175 each!

Are they just not on general sale yet or sold out?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that tickets should be easy to get this season due to the crowds expected to be small but I can imagine the Lyon fixture being a premium game.

If anyone knows the best way of getting hold of tickets, general sale dates and reasonable pricing, please let me know.

Cheers! ;)

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    on the PSG site billeterie this match doesn't show at all, neither does OM or lille.

looking at the carrefour or fnac sites though, it's clear these aren't sold out, they're just not available yet. the re-sale sites must be selling them on spec.

prices will start at 40€. keep checking one of those two sites (or the PSG site) because once they go on sale they will sell out fairly quickly.

25. j_capitain

j_capitain New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Toronto
    Many thanks guignol!