PSG Supporters Clubs

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Legion04, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could anyone tell me more about each individual club? For example, history, famous projects, etc.

If possible, I would like to know which one would be the best fit for me if I went to a match. Here's some info about me...

Language: English, Spanish (Pretty Good), German (Pretty Good), French (A few words)
    Experience: I formed my own ultras group for the Columbus Crew soccer club here in the states. We're small, but have grand visions. I have stood with Sam's Army, the US National Team supporters. I have never attended a European football match before.
    Politics: Left (I don't know if that would be a factor, it shouldn't, but just in case)

Thank you so much!

ALLEZ PSG!!!

2. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The "Authentiks" would be the best fit for you , they are young ( 15yo to 20 yo ) and very noisy and their stand is not full yet.They are the little brothers of the Supras Auteuil.

http://www.authentiks.net/

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hmmmm. I wouldn't suggest joining the Boulogne Boys...

Unless you like the ruck now and again. ;)

btw: Didn't realise the Authentiks had a spiffy new logo. And a cool site to boot. Is that new? I've never seen it before.

EDIT: December by the looks of it...

4. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you give specifics behind each club, for it's advantages and disadvantages? Thanks!

PSG :)

5. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Why not?The monkey lovers are not in their stand but lower in the Kop.

The different PSG groups stand behind the goals :

Virage AUTEUIL :

Lutèce Falco-350 members-
    The most peaceful ones.They know how to avoid conflicts with other groups.Established by former Boulogne Boys.They're around 30yo.Variety of opinions.More links with the BB85 than the Tigris.

Supras-400 members-
    Aka "les Black,Blanc,Beur".Average 25-30 yo.First ultra group established in Auteuil.Friendly and open-minded.They use to welcome the newbies very well.They get and got some "troubles" with the "independents".

Tigris Mystic-500 members-
    The "Franciliens".Average 25 yo.Most of them live in the suburbs around Paris.No politics.In conflicts with the BB85 and the "independents".

Kar Sud-100 members-
    The only independent ones in Auteuil-Average 25-30 yo.They love to fight.Their "top boys" are all from La Courneuve,very tough projects closed to Paris.They're in good terms with Casual firm and move together for away games.

Authentiks-200 members-
    Very young ( less than 24 yo).New ultra generation.They will extend their stand for the next season.

6. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kop of Boulogne :

Boulogne Boys 85-1000 members-
    First ultra group.Average 25-30 yo.Strong links with the "independents" even if those ones put pressure on BB85 in many cases (the last conflicts with the club,the Tigris and Supras...).

R2-300 to 400 members-
    The "nest".Ultra-nationalist and rascist.They start to be independent.A lot of "gabbers" in there as well.

R1-20 to 30 members-
    The "historics",the oldest ones belonged to the CPP ( hooligan group in the 80s and 90s ).

Titifosi-100 members-
    Young adults.Try to changing in ultra group.

Rangers-80 members-
    Ultras of the first generation.35-40 yo.Closed to the independents and the Gavroches.

Gavroches-80 members-
    Ultras of the first generation.35-40 yo.Closed to the independents and the Rangers.As the rangers I've never heard them singing or showing .

Casual Firm-50 members-
    Hools-30-35 yo

Paris ASSAS Club (PAC)
    About few ten.Former Assas (Parisian Faculty) students.

Hoolicool-50 members-
    Quiet family fathers.Most of them are from the Kop.

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Yep.

But I was thinking more of age, and the type of supporters.

They are far more 'ultra' than say the Supras. Historically, they are the kings of the PSG ultra movement. I think for a young first-timer, joining the BB is not the ideal solution. Maybe when you when are older and have lived in Paris for a while. Then maybe....

Just maybe...

Thanks for the list anyways. I probably couldn't describe them as indepth as you could. :)

8. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You're right.
    But you can find tickets in Boulogne for all games.In Auteuil,it will be very difficult for Legion04 ( Except if he wants to stand in G with the Authentiks ).

9. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I forget to mention that the red ones were the non-official groups called in Paris :les indep' ( the independents ).

10. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you very much for the background on the supporters clubs. I do have another question though, what's the difference between Virage and the Kop. I just want a supporters club that has passion, doesn't get involved in conflicts, loud, artistic, and fun-loving.

I also didn't know that the different clubs had quarrels with others. How did those start? Along with that, if they aren't on good terms, how do they coordinate massive projects together?

Thanks again :) !

Allez Paris Saint-Germain!!!

11. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    Good thread. Ive kind of had a soft sport for PSG as my parents have been getting me PSG stuff since I was young. I want to keep supporting the team, so im guna do that.

12. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started loving PSG and following them as best I could ever since I visited Paris, a few years back. I'm in love with the city and club. I'm probably the only person in Ohio, maybe even the entire midwest of the US, who has a PSG pennant hanging on my rearview mirror. :)

bloodyhand repped this.
  13. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Auteuil has an italian style in his way of support and virage is the french name for curva.At the opposite,Boulogne use to love and respect the english style (The Kop is a tribute to the mythical and only one of Liverpool).

14. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The "independents" don't like the growing importance of the Supras and the Tigris and it became worst when the Tigris made a banner "L'avenir c'est nous!"(We are the future) for their 10th anniversary.It looks like kindergarden quarrels for normal fans but ultras are ultras for everything.Anyway there were violent clash between them (in the Cup final lost against Auxerre,at Strasbourg,Le Mans and the last away game in Metz between BB85 and Supras).
    To be honest most of the independents are rascits too and simply don't like Tigris and Supras because they've got many black,asian and arab members

15. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hum!I only remember huge tifos in the whole stadium when PSG played in the CL in 1995.The last coordinated project was for PSG/Metz when Boulogne and Auteuil light dozens of flares at the same time.

I miss the time when the used to coordinate their songs,When Boulogne answered to Auteuil and Auteuil to Boulogne,that was great!But I think they'll do it back this season :cool:

16. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, thanks for all this great information! It's really helping me find out about who I should stand with and why. Where did you learn all of this information? Have you stood with any of the supporters before? Are there supporters clubs on both sides of the pitch? I've heard echoing chants before.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fascinated. :)

PSG FOREVER!!!

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Supras - stand in the Auteuil. The Auteuil, is the main road/area, that basically leads you from the west into central Paris. The stand facing left as you are looking from from the Presidentielle.

The Boulogne is on the other side, and as you would expect, is behind the Bois de Boulogne.

If you want more info on the ground, then check out the information thread, I made a while back....

18. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, I support and follow this club for 2O years.I'm season ticket in K stand ( between Boulogne and Hoolicool stand.Younger,I were in Boulogne and after in Auteuil without belonging to any group.I work with few BB85 and I've got friends at the Supras ( so I can hear different stories about the conflicts :rolleyes: ).

You don't have to be sorry,I really enjoy your interest for our club and it's fun to read a fan from Ohio.

19. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are they on opposite sides of the pitch?

20. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    yep.

21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The word Kop keeps being used. The only definition I know of related to Kop is with Liverpool FC. What do you mean by that? Thank you very much.

22. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've been a suscriber in K stands in 2000-2001, I remember the ashes due to the combustion of toilet paper by the Boulogne guys... :rolleyes:

23. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :D
    Toilet paper and flares were really a bad mixing!

24. Legion04

Legion04 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Arlington, Virginia
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it technically legal to bring in flares? We're not allowed here in the states, otherwise our section would be lit up for 90min. :) Does anyone know the "official rules" because I'm going to probably go to either a PSG game or Malaga game in Europe this winter.

25. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's illegal in France as well!