PSG in the USA & Canada (International Champions Cup)

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by SportBoy333, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Even when we add the rest of the South Americans, we don't look deep at all lol.

Pandore repped this.
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Right? Competing for the CL is laughable when there is such a huge difference between our starters and our subs. It's not like that at the other "top" clubs.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It will be absurd if we don't get some quality depth this summer seeing as Nasser has a fairly large budget to work with.

4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hope so, but I haven't seen anything too reassuring lately. The midfield is what needs the most work.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That or by the grace of god our academy products have vastly improved. Rabiot et Bahebeck.

Pandore repped this.
  6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Grace of God is literally what it would take. :laugh:

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  7. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    The internationals will not play tomorrow according to Blanc

8. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    It looks like Roma and Real Madrid started most of their stars in Australia but I don't know if that is contractual (at least an appearance or a half or something) or if they take winning that ugly cup seriously? ;>) It may be a combination of wanting game speed minutes together before their season begins and what is required by the organizers of the tournament.
    Side note, they manage to have pretty nice looking turf (on a cricket ground) down there in the 'winter'.

9. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If any of you guys live in Toronto and are planning to come out to watch the game today I suggest you sell your tickets. I came to the airport in hopes of meeting Ibra or Verratti first and foremost and they aren't here. To be honest every player in their advertisements aren't coming. Sirigu is probably the most interesting guy coming or Digne. The companies that run these events (MLSE and BMO Field) are a big joke. Just a heads up for any of you big PSG fans. I'll be selling my tickets.

10. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as most of the guys I wanted to meet weren't there I still managed to take pics with Rabiot, Maxwell, and Sirigu.

uploadfromtaptalk1437240583062.jpg

11. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    That sucks for you. Do they usually do this? False advertising?

12. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When Roma, Real, Fiorentina, Juve came the whole team pretty much was there. But the last few games I've gone to they advertise all the main stars and none of them come. They did an Italy legends match and there was no Baggio, Maldini, Baresi etc. They did a Milan game where they pushed Balotelli hard and he never came. This time they advertised Ibra, Verratti, Cavani, Lavezzi and not one of them are here. if you guys are ever here steer clear of MLSE and BMO they always do this garbage.

SportBoy333 repped this.
  13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Sorry to hear that. The internationals just came back on wednesday, so there was no way they would start, which means it must have been done for false advertisement.

14. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah always seems like that. It's always false advertising with these guys. Gotta say thougg Rabiot is a cool dude. All smiles and took a pic no problem. I also apologize in advance as me and my buddy may have asked about 5 of your players to come to Roma haha

15. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I wonder if they were on a separate flight? The self quote above has a link to a photo gallery from their second day in the USA and Ibra for one is clearly there ...

16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ibra was there but him, Verratti, and Thiago Motta stayed in the states.

17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey I just Pmd you

Anyone have practice times for tomorrow or Monday??

18. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I responded. I don't know if they're staying the night. I may be wrong though.

19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    PSG just disrespected their Toronto fan base by putting out that line-up. Even though they won.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    3-2

Don't blame the club, blame the promoters. Everyone knew the South Americans weren't going to show up cuz of Copa America.

guignol repped this.
  21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    But why no Ibra, Verratti, or Motta?

22. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Because they just came back 3 days ago. No way they are ready to play

Pandore repped this.
  23. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because this has happened before I more so blame the promoting companies. They advertised the south American players which was very wrong. I also blame them for not having a clause where they had to bring some superstars. As per the club, they are entitled to do what is best for them but not bringing Ibra, Verratti, or Motta may not have been the smartest thing for their fan base in Canada where there are tons and tons of Europeans who love soccer.

guignol repped this.
  24. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Very true. All things that should have been thought of by the promoter before they decided to advertise.

25. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Tickets weren't cheap either. If you're going to participate in this tournament (and get paid) then it's your duty to play at least some of the marquee players. Otherwise your fans will feel ripped off. I'm so happy I didn't go.

romanista8910 repped this.