News: PSG 2015 - 2016 News and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, Jul 12, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    our first pre season match
    Wiener VS Paris
    nice start with a win !

goals from
    • Augustin 31' 44'
    • Aurier 49'
    [​IMG]

ALLEZ PARIS !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pandore repped this.
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kimpembe will be the 4th CB, so he is definitely staying with the team. I think JCB might go on loan this year, but who knows. He still needs to develop a lot more.

Today, I was impressed by Nkunku, Augustin, and then a little bit by Tauffieb when he came on.

Ongenda will certainly go out on loan again. He clearly doesn't have what it takes to make it at PSG.

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    For anyone who's interested, Trapp's presentation will be today at 3:00pm (Paris time)

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I was just getting ready to say this.

Presnel will take Papus's vacated spot as 4th CB. JCB will probably stay with the team, I'm getting the feeling that he'll be sold before he goes on loan again.

Lol remember when Ongenda was receiving buku hype. Wouldn't mind selling him to Man City right about now. I think Augustine will be our third striker behind, Ibra and Cavani.

Center mid is so suspect right now. Aside Verratti, Pastore, and Matuidi.. Its Motta and Rabiot... No depth whatsoever.

I also wonder what is going to happen to the likes of VdW, Lavezzi, and Sirigu...

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I really wish we could take Lavezzi off our payroll. The amount he makes is outrageous considering his extremely limited abilities.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #6 Pandore, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    You can tell the season is about to start because there's an increase in the frequency of idiotic things coming out of Aulas' mouth. Recently, he has been whining about Fékir's suspension for the game against us next week. Poor little kitten won't even be attending the game as a sign of protest. :rolleyes:

"La barre sera très haute devant le PSG. Je vais suivre ce match, mais je ne serai pas présent à Montréal. C’est une bouderie de ma part. J’ai demandé au président du PSG Nasser Al Khelafi à ce que Nabil Fekir puisse jouer pour le trophée, pour le spectacle, pour le foot. Et il m’a répondu non"

http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...lyonnais-tacle-son-homologue-du-psg-18077.htm

FIRST OF ALL, who the F does this for the "spectacle"? It would be one thing if a player was unfairly sanctioned and then the club wanted to try to reverse it or something. Maybe we should have tried asking Barcelona to let our sanctioned players play when we faced them in the CL for the sake of the "spectacle". :ROFLMAO:

But ABOVE ALL, all of this is even more pathetic and embarrassing considering his tireless campaign to prevent us from winning our title by trying to invalidate Lens' results (and the whole Ibra/Payet fiasco)

(By the way, you're ********ing welcome that you're even in the position to be participating in this game. Unbelievable.)

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    So Luis Campos left Monaco and they are saying he could replace Leonardo. Thats the rumor.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Di Maria ? Pour moi, quitter Manchester United pour le PSG d'aujourd'hui est un pas en avant. Je tiens à rappeler que nous sommes allés plus loin que tous les clubs anglais en Europe la saison dernière. Le Real Madrid et le Barça sont à un autre niveau, mais si vous rejoignez le PSG, vous franchissez probablement une marche vers le haut. Les gens doivent respecter le PSG comme l’un des grands clubs en Europe" a confié le défenseur du PSG.

http://www.paristeam.fr/interviews/...-du-psg-se-paye-le-football-anglais-18204.htm

It's a bold statement, but the captain is definitely right. People can criticize us and L1 all they want, but PSG is currently a more attractive destination than Manchester in terms of the CL.

9. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    He's right. At the moment, it is a step up

10. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    First question during the press conference of Di Maria : "how do you feel about being in the same league as Bielsa ?"

Me 2 days ago : o_O

Me today : :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    ici c'est paris fuk l'om
    [​IMG]

Pandore repped this.
  12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hideous tattoos everywhere

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    StarrMatthieu, Dom. FC and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  14. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    'I want to win the Champions League with PSG; I'm not leaving' -- Zlatan
    http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/15...pions-league-with-psg-i-m-not-leaving-zlatan/
    Also:
    "Ibrahimovic's PSG will play against Ajaccio this Sunday, in what could mark his debut in the current season after missing the team's first game. Angel Di Maria might also play his first game with Les Parisiens, after completing his move from Manchester United."

15. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Ibra is not gonna play on Sunday. He just started light training yesterday. He might be ready for next week. Di Maria won't play either

16. LKSisSexy

LKSisSexy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Well, I don't know about Di Maria. He is training with the group so who knows

17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Je m'y attendais. C'est quelque chose plus au moins logique même si cela ne fait pas toujours plaisir. Mes déclarations en vers l'OM ? Ce n'était pas des déclarations d'amour. Je suis tombé dans un truc où on m'a forcément posé beaucoup de questions par rapport à l'OM avec certains médias qui aiment la polémique. Je m'y attendais par rapport à ça. Je sais que maintenant c'est un challenge pour moi qui ne va pas être facile, mais je savais pertinemment avant de signer que c'était une décision forte. C’est quelque chose que j'avais envie de vivre dans ma vie de footballeur et ma vie d'homme. C'est à moi maintenant de faire changer d'avis les gens, de montrer que je suis quelqu'un de bien et qui va se défoncer pour le club"

http://www.paristeam.fr/interviews/...benjamin-stambouli-pret-a-se-battre-18519.htm

I like his attitude a lot. My initial frustration was that I thought we needed more quality in the midfield* due to that embarrassing and horrific defeat against Barcelona when we had so many players missing (which WILL happen again, nothing has changed in terms of our significant number of injuries at any given point) and I still think we need to bring in another midfielder. However, I'm starting to like Stambouli and I wish him a very successful career with us.

*I mean yes, unfortunately he is from Marseille, but we can't hold that against him. The most important thing is that he never played for OMDR (he rejected them).

18. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #18 NicolasN., Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Sacré robinet d'eau tiède celui-là. Not convinced by his signing. I don't see how what he has shown at Montpellier and les espoirs could lead to think that he would be a valuable replacement in case someone is suspended or injured in PSG midfield during the CL. Since I think the same about Rabiot, it leaves very few options in the midfield if PSG were confronted to the same situation as last year in the CL.

Cabaye gave an amazing interview today where he does not question himself but would rather make the others culprit for his poor performances. This itw shares the same tone as the one he gave right after the end of the previous season where he complained that no matter what he would do the situation would remain unchanged. First thing he could have done would have been to be good, though. There is a reason if he's a Crystal Palace player...
    What would you expect from someone who exchanges an itw in L'Equipe where he complains about his playing time against a positive article which claimed that he combines the strengths of Motta and Verratti ?

To talk about a good player : I hope that injuries will finally leave Ibra alone. He deserves to end his journey at PSG on a high note.

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree 100%. But Blanc is to blame if we get multiple injuries and we need to stick Stambouli and Rabiot against one of the big teams in the CL. He's not a bad squad player for the league, but when you look at the depth of the other big teams in the CL, they have excellent players on the pitch and on the bench. We knew what we were getting when we signed him, so if he's unable to excel against the European elite, that's on us for not being ambitious enough. Blanc pushed so hard to get him (and Cabaye).

Like I said, we NEED another midfielder. Having multiple injuries is a constant for us. There is not one important CL fixture last season in which we weren't missing a key player (or more).

I hope so too.

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    «La France est un pays spécial pour moi, j’ai passé huit ans de ma carrière là-bas, huit ans formidables. Je voulais saluer tous les Français qui viennent regarder le match Portugal-France à Alvalde et nous espérons les voir en 2016 au Championnat d’Europe en France» - Pauleta :inlove:

Classiest guy in football.

StarrMatthieu and NicolasN. repped this.
  21. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    'Ibra is up there with Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi' -- PSG's Angel Di Maria

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/15...no-ronaldo-lionel-messi-psg-s-angel-di-maria/

""As you know, I have had the chance to play with Leo, Cristiano and Rooney, but now Ibra. Frankly, I am impressed by the quality of his technique and his movement. He's on the same level as Leo and CR7," Di Maria stated."

It seems like he is saying the right things (and truth imo too) and fitting in. Lots of really BIG egos in that locker room but on the pitch they seem to form up as a unit and really support each other.

Pandore repped this.
  22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ^ In terms of technique, Ibra can do things I've never seen any other player do.

As for the egos, I think he obviously has one, but he's also kidding about a lot of stuff. But other than him, I can't think of any other "big egos" on our team.

Dom. FC repped this.
  23. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    There are at least 6 - 8 others that should have very big egos based on their skill sets, National teams, previous clubs, transfer fees, salaries, etc. but maybe I'm assuming they do when they really don't. I think man management to keep them all working and playing well together is huge with this 'project'.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think should is the key word.

Though Rabiot seems to have a pretty big ego despite not having accomplished anything at all. :laugh:

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Je dois respecter ce maillot parce que beaucoup de joueurs important ont joués au PSG. J'y pense chaque fois que je joue avec ce maillot du Paris Saint-Germain car j'ai besoin d'avoir beaucoup de respect pour ce maillot." T.Silva

I still feel so lucky to have him play for us. Not only is he the best defender in the world, he's also such a classy guy and an incredible captain. I will be really depressed when he leaves!