PSG 2014 - 2015 News and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I didn't realize it was Rabiot's birthday too yesterday, so happy belated birthday!

In any case, the biggest concern right now is whether Lucas will be able to play tomorrow for a little bit. There were some reports this week that he had relapsed, but apparently he's fine and will most likely get some minutes tomorrow. I just hope he's not played unless he's 100% fit because we're going to need him this month.

http://www.paristeam.fr/autour-du-p...arition-du-bresilien-dans-le-groupe-16273.htm

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lucas not included in the group after all. This is such a huge loss. He's been out for so long, it's getting really frustrating. Apparently he'll be ready for wednesday, so hopefully LB is able to get us the 3 points tomorrow.

AURIER Serge
    BAHEBECK Jean-Christophe
    CABAYE Yohan
    CAMARA Zoumana
    CAVANI Edinson
    DAVID LUIZ
    DIAW Mory
    DIGNE Lucas
    DOUCHEZ Nicolas
    IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan
    LAVEZZI Ezequiel
    MARQUINHOS
    MATUIDI Blaise
    MAXWELL
    PASTORE Javier
    RABIOT Adrien
    SIRIGU Salvatore
    THIAGO MOTTA
    THIAGO SILVA
    VAN DER WIEL Gregory
    VERRATTI Marco

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOOKS GOOD !
    Javier PASTORE should be a treat to watch and of course IBRAHIMOVIC !!!

Pandore repped this.
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Blaise on why he would never sign for OM :inlove:

«Tout simplement parce que j’ai grandi dans la capitale. J’ai le coeur parisien. Je suis en quelque sorte un Nordiste. (Rires.) Donc c’est une chose que je ne me vois pas faire. Que des joueurs de Paris ou de Marseille aillent vers l’autre club, cela ne me choque pas, cela peut arriver. Mais moi, franchement, je ne vois pas comment c’est possible. En France, je ne m’imagine de toute façon pas dans un autre club qu’à Paris.»

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...-ne-signerai-jamais-a-l-om/548117#xtor=CS1-12

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    "Les examens passés par Thiago Motta et David Luiz, ce lundi, n'ont pas fait plaisir à Laurent Blanc. Le premier, touché à la cuisse gauche, devrait être indisponible pour dix jours, alors que le second, blessé à la même cuisse, devrait être absent pour quatre semaines minimum. Le défenseur central brésilien est forfait certain pour la réception de Barcelone, le 15 avril. Pour le milieu international italien, les chances de le voir dans le groupe sont quasi nulles."

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...tta-et-quatre-semaines-pour-david-luiz/548908

So at least four weeks for Luiz and around 10 days for Thiago Motta. That will make 4/11 out for Barcelona. What a joke. Great idea from Blanc to rush him back from his injury, just like he did with Silva, Ibra, and Cabaye.

6. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The amount of injuries the team has suffered this season is depressing

Pandore repped this.
  7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, it's demoralizing. :(

Let's be honest here - we did have a shot before all of this. We beat Chelsea, some of our players are in phenomenal form, and the players must have a lot of confidence after advancing from such a big game in the round of 16. However, FIVE players out (I forgot Aurier before, but nope Tonton Platini wanted two of our players to miss the game for something that was a mistake on UEFA's part) is almost half the team (and I include Aurier because he is not as bad as VDW).

If we do advance, it'll be wonderful and I'll be so happy, but this is such a disastrous situation. Not only do we play at home first, but we now have 5 players missing,

I do think there is a more serious problem here regarding injuries this season. Blanc said it's only natural for teams who play this often to experience this many injuries, but there are other teams who have been playing many games this season and they haven't been hit this bad. I mean, practically before every CL game this season, we've had a wave of players getting injured (TS and Ibra missing for the first leg against Barcelona, Lucas/Cabaye/Aurier/and whoever else against Chelsea, and now this). This is not normal. I hope Nasser realizes this and investigates this properly because 3/4ths of our injured players end up relapsing after coming back from injury (who the F plays Silva in a friendly right when the season starts, after he explicitly complained of a thigh discomfort?). There's some serious mismanagement of injured players.

I'm not trying to take away anything from Barcelona because they are a world class side, and the one team I did not to meet even if we were at full strength, but it just seems like a slap in the face that we will go out because of all these injuries. Without them, we may still have gotten eliminated, but at least we had a chance. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, it just feels like all our hard work will be crushed due to injuries and not due to us being inferior.

And the worst part is, realistically speaking, the potential loss against Barcelona might hurt us in the league/cups.

And also, it makes me so annoyed when I see non-PSG fans say that playing without Ibra is a blessing and that it doesn't count as a player who will be missed. Sorry, but have you met Cavani and Lavezzi? Who was the only player to score at the Camp Nou? Ibra. He was also excellent in the first leg against Chelsea and might have scored if it weren't for the excellence that is Courtois. Not to mention, even if Lucas does play, he might not be as phenomenal as usual since he hasn't played in so long. Cavani also seems to be going through a serious dip in form, so Ibra missing IS a big deal. It's just like all the people saying that we won't miss DL since he can either be really good or score like 10 own goals. :rolleyes:

Oh well, whatever happens, I just hope by some miracle we're able to advance and that David Luiz isn't out for the remainder of the season like a lot of people are predicting. Just like against Chelsea, it will be hard (even harder this time), but we need to have hope until the very last minute.

8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So Ayew gets one match suspension (which is the minimum anyway) for blowing up at the ref. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the press and the whole country are glued to their keyboards waiting to see if Zlatan will get the 100 match suspension he deserves for doing something similar as Ayew (with the exception that the ref was incompetent against Bordeaux and the one over the weekend did not screw over Marseille in any way as well as the fact that Zlatan was walking and voiced his opinion, whereas Ayew actively went after the ref to make sure he knew how furious he was).

And what about Payet? The double standards is sickening. To be honest, I don't think any of these players should be given lengthy sanctions for expressing their opinions after the game. Referees should not be impervious to criticism. In fact, part of the reason they make such shockingly bad decisions at times is because they know there's no real consequences if they get it wrong.

Zlatan finally getting into world class and goal scoring form just before all this nonsense. I swear, some football fans/press are in it for the drama and not the actual football. If Zlatan gets anything more than a 1-2 game suspension (which he will) and if Payet doesn't receive the same punishment, it will be because of the club Zlatan plays for and not because what he did was so horrific.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Four match suspension for Ibra. :ROFLMAO:

Big round of applause for jealousy and xenophobia.

Edit: Payet suspended for two matches, so his suspension is half as severe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    « Il ne faut pas les calculer ni les respecter, avance le milieu de terrain. C’est le PSG, il va falloir mettre des coups. Certains joueurs vont lever le pied pour pouvoir jouer contre le Barça. »

Seriously though, how horrific does that sound? And even if you put aside the insane physicality that they're going for, who says from the start that they're not going to respect their opponents? Disgustingly unsportsmanlike behavior.

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Incidents-a-paris/550273

«Quinze gendarmes ont été très légèrement blessés. L'un d'entre eux a reçu une canette sur la tête, deux autres ont été heurtés par des pierres au niveau des jambes et les autres souffrent de traumatismes sonores»

Such trash. I hope their players aren't as violent on the pitch as the supporters are outside of it.

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice little video on the official website, with part of the celebration at the end (TS never gets tired of spraying people with champagne, I love it :laugh: )

http://www.psg.fr/fr/PSGTV/800102/Video/9761/Retour-sur-la-finale

Truly a wonderful victory, even if there's still a lot ahead of us. This is our second trophy this season, so hopefully we can use it to keep propelling us forward.

I can't feel bad for Bastia after their fluke win against us in the league and all the unsportsmanlike things they said in the press this past week (plus I cannot stand their supporters), but I feel like the red card was overkill. We obviously would have won regardless, and it would probably still have been a big scoreline, but the red card was unnecessary. It wasn't unfair from a rules stand point (although the rule itself should be revised in general, I personally don't agree with it), but I wish only the penalty had been awarded. I do feel bad for Squillaci a little, but he's also the one who stomped on TS at the beginning. It is sad that a player like him ended up at Bastia, I always kind of liked him.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    #65 SportBoy333, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Its not sad. He was born in Corsica so going to Bastia made sense. Its sad Djibril Cisse (a player I always liked) is basically stealing money by not playing and contributing and he still wants to play another year. I remember months ago he said he was going to retire because of lingering hip problems and the other day he said he wants to play abroad somewhere.

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #66 Pandore, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    Well, there is still a good chance they could get relegated, so I think it's sad for a player like him. I know he has Corsican ancestry, so it's understandable, but I still think he could do (slightly) better even though he's pretty old. He wasn't born in Corsica though.

As for Cissé, unfortunately his career has been one sad thing after another.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yakoub Meites goal celebration against L'OM <3333

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you have a video of it?

I love how the scoreline was the same as the first team's result a week ago!

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pandore repped this.
  20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Jma-se-paie-le-psg-l-om-et-la-lfp/552870

Can someone tape his mouth shut and close his twitter account? Every year it's the same garbage, except I feel like it's gotten worse in the past few years.

The pathetic part is that our club put out a statement (a few days ago) respectfully asking other clubs/presidents (other clubs meaning him ) to refrain from talking about us.

"Par ailleurs, le club de la capitale invite une nouvelle fois les acteurs du football français : Présidents de club et joueurs, à se concentrer sur leur fin de saison plutôt que de s’immiscer dans la vie courante du Paris Saint-Germain.

Le Paris Saint-Germain respecte tous les clubs et ne se permet pas de commenter leur actualité et souhaite en retour qu’il en soit de même de leur part."

And yet he is still talking!

22. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Our women's team has made it to the CL final. :)

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I don't know where else to post this but a Parisien area club won the EuroChallege Basketball Cup. I know its a 3rd tier competition but French club basketball is so bad that winning a European competition is an amazing achievement. They beat a team with a bigger budget on their home court in front of a hostile crowd. No Im not suggesting PSG owners buy this team, I just think its a neat story.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Basketball much more popular in the French Caribbean departments than mainland from what I've learned. Can anyone tell me how popular Bball is in France?

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I was gonna post it in the Red Star thread but then Mano would have said Nanterre is NOT Paris. ;)