News: PSG 2014 - 2015 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by SportBoy333, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Starting XI against Metz:

Douchez - Van der Wiel, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Digne - Thiago Motta, Verratti, Matuidi - Pastore, Lavezzi, Cavani

Maxwell and Marqui are both being rested, which is good considering how much they've played lately. If there are any issues with VDW, I hope Blanc is smart enough to sub in Marquinhos right away. We can't afford any silly mistakes right now.

When will Lucas be able to start?

I have class so I won't be able to watch the game (maybe like 5-10 minutes on my laptop before class starts), but hopefully we can get the three points with no injuries or issues and hopefully the ref today isn't generous with the penalties for Metz. ;)

ALLEZ PARIS!

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hopefully its on BeIn sports.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ofcourse, it's going to be aired an hour late because of the Barcelona game.. Ffs, its 4-0 against Getafe... Do I really have to see this???

Pandore repped this.
  4. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So nice to see Thiago Silva back

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    6-0... This is annoying. No respect

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    When is Javier extending his contract ? :inlove:

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    nice win for PSG !

ALLEZ PARIS!

Pandore repped this.
  8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG XI: Douchez, Van der Wiel, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Maxwell - Thiago Motta, Verratti, Matuidi - Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Pastore

It is imperative that Verratti, Pastore, and Motta don't receive yellows or else they'll be out for the game against Montpellier.

By the way, DL is injured again except I highly doubt it's a new injury, but rather that he was injured the whole time and Blanc decided to risk it anyway.

ALLEZ PARIS!!!

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Halftime

Nantes 0-2 Paris

The horrible news is that Verratti got an unwarranted yellow card. Why do other players get a warning or two before getting a yellow and Marco never does? Not to mention that it was never a yellow card. I'm so upset about this disgraceful refereeing. Missing him against Montpellier makes me so uneasy and stressed.

Douchez hasn't been tested much, but he's had some stunning saves whenever he was tested. Riou having a ballon d'or worthy performance of course.

Loved Blaise's goal, Ibra's pass, and the celebration hug between the two!

I hope we're not going to regret all the wasted opportunities. If we get another goal, we should take out Javier and Motta or else we will be left with a catastrophic midfield against MHSC.

10. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Deaux finally gets a yellow. If it had been Marco, he'd have 3 red cards by now. :laugh:

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm really not happy with this game. One penalty not given, one horrible yellow card that will have lasting consequences, and Matuidi injured

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bring on Lucas already. What is Lolo playing at???

13. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maxwell gets a yellow after his first foul of the game. :laugh:

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cabaye and Rabiot playing at the same time. This makes me anxious

15. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    NOOOO

No TM or Verratti against Montpellier

Wow I'm ********ing FURIOUS.

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is one of the worst ref performances I've ever seen. Nantes players get a card after their second or third foul and all our players get a card after their first foul.

This has ruined the game for me.

17. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Blanc...

Why has he not subbed out TM instead of Verratti knowing that a yellow card would make him suspended for the game against Montpellier...

:facepalm:

Pandore repped this.
  18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes!!! Thank you. I kept waiting for him to sub out Motta. Idiot

Thiago Silva goes to the away fans and throws his shirt at them. La grande classe :inlove:

NicolasN. repped this.
  19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    18 fouls for Nantes -> 4 yellow cards
    6 fouls for PSG -> 3 yellow cards

Bravo!!!

StarrMatthieu and NicolasN. repped this.
  20. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The one Verratti got is not even deserved...:thumbsdown:

Pandore repped this.
  21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's the worst one. The other two would have been more or less deserved if Motta and Maxwell had committed multiple previous fouls (and were extended the same luxury as the Nantes players). The Marco one was an utter joke. It honestly ruined the game for me despite the three points. It's so upsetting how one big stupid refereeing mistake might cost us against Montpellier. I really hope it gets revoked. I don't care if Aulas starts whining on twitter and in the press again, the club should appeal the card. Anyone with eyes can see that's never a yellow card.

Sometimes I feel like Marco needs to get out of L1 because the refs card him based on his reputation and not his actions, which is really unfair.

NicolasN. and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes !

NicolasN. and Pandore repped this.
  23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You're absolutely right. ;)

NicolasN. repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So I was spending some quality time with my mother, what I miss, besides the fouls lol :3

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here is the group for today's game against Guingamp

Groupe :
    AURIER Serge
    CABAYE Yohan
    CAMARA Zoumana
    CAVANI Edinson
    DIGNE Lucas
    DOUCHEZ Nicolas
    IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan
    KIMPEMBE Presnel
    LAVEZZI Ezequiel
    LUCAS
    MARQUINHOS
    MATUIDI Blaise
    MAXWELL
    PASTORE Javier
    RABIOT Adrien
    SIRIGU Salvatore
    THIAGO SILVA
    VERRATTI Marco

Absents :
    BAHEBECK Jean-Christophe
    DAVID LUIZ
    DIAW Mory
    MAIGNAN MIKE
    THIAGO MOTTA
    VAN DER WIEL Gregory

--

What's going on with Motta? I can't believe this. We've been doing so much better since his return and now he's already out again? Plus, he is suspended next week along with Verratti, so we'll be without him at least two games! And the best option to fill in for him would have been Luiz, but he's still out. It's interesting how we haven't heard all that much about DL's condition. What a brilliant idea it was to bring him back against Barcelona, where we lost, and now we're without him for the most crucial games of the season. Pathetic coaching. It's sad that he's even allowed to field injured players.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that Douchez has done much better than Sirigu, Blanc said, "Pour autant la hiérarchie n’a pas changé, Salvatore Sirigu reste le gardien numéro 1." I looked back at our games this season to see when was Sirigu's last clean sheet, expecting it to be a few weeks ago, but nope it was March 1st. Meanwhile, Douchez only plays cup games and the last few league games since Sirigu has been injured and yet he has had three clean sheets since then. Oh well, Sirigu is an Italian international, so he must be as good as Buffon, right Lolo? (Believe me, I don't like saying this because I adore Sirigu)

One thing we can agree with Blanc about is this stupid yellow card nonsense for Verratti:

"Il ne commet pas beaucoup de fautes et il subit beaucoup de cartons jaunes et, en plus, sur cette faute-là à Nantes que j’ai regardée chez moi après le match, il n’y a même pas de faute puisqu’il ne le touche pas. Cela fait beaucoup. S’il commence à prendre des cartons jaunes même quand il ne touche pas l’adversaire, ce gamin va être vraiment pénalisé. Il prend déjà pas mal de cartons, s’il continue à en prendre quand il ne touche pas l’adversaire, cela va être problématique pour lui"

"C’est la vérité. Vous avez vu l’action ? C’est un garçon qui est dans le collimateur des arbitres, il faut le dire. Les arbitres savent que c’est un garçon qui commet des fautes mais il n’en commet pas beaucoup. Il en subit beaucoup et c’est un paradoxe. Je pense que Verratti est vraiment pénalisé. C’est mon avis et cela n’engage que moi"

This is getting so frustrating to watch. If we lose the title due to messing up today or on the last day, that's life and I can accept that (as long as nothing controversial happened) and hope for better next season. If we lose the title due to losing against Montpellier, I'm going to be really put off by football. In Spain, Barcelona and Madrid would have already gotten these cards rescinded if there was an unfair decision. Here, not only is the league incompetent to begin with, but Jean Mimi's latest whining is going to make the league even more reluctant to remedy an unfair situation if it involves us.

ALLEZ PARIS!!!