PSG 2014 - 2015 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by Pandore, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Draw, defend??? Half dead???

THIS IS PARIS!!!! IDC IF THE WHOLE TEAM WAS SUSPENDED, PSG WILL PLAY TO WIN!!! PSG WILL WIN IN PARIS AND BARCELONA, I BELIEVE GOD DAMIT!!! ANYTHING LESS IS INHUMANE!!!

ICI CEST PARIS!!!

Pandore repped this.
  2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What? No, I'm not complaining about Verratti's yellows. Just Ibra and Aurier's suspension that all stemmed from the ref's error.

Unfortunately, he is that bad. I'm still hoping Motta will be okay and we can use him as a CB that way Marquinhos can be used as a RB. That's how bad VDW is. He has not had a single good game this season.

Yes, we have to have faith until the very last second! DL's goal in the 86th minute and TS's goal in the 114th minute prove that it's never over. I guarantee there is no team that wants it more than we do.

ALLEZ PARIS!!!

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #278 Pandore, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    By the way, apparently both VDW are in danger of missing the second leg if they get a yellow card. I am now certain they will both get carded.

Papus in the Champions League at the Camp Nou. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, it terrifies me that we're going to play an important game without the little owl, but we need to make it work. Does anyone know how Barcelona will line up without Dani Alves?

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Adriano or Montoya at RB... I think that's about the only variable there.. And maybe Piques partner.. Mathieu or Masch.

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks. It's really too bad Pique is in great form again. Overall though, their defense really isn't that special, so it's impressive how they've managed to do so well all season.

The attack is obviously, as usual, the main concern, especially since they've clicked in the past few months since our last meeting. Thankfully, Thiago Silva is in superb form too.

There have been reports that there is a very small chance Thiago Motta may be included in the group after all.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Here is the group for tomorrow:

Groupe :
    AUGUSTIN Jean-Kévin
    BAHEBECK Jean-Christophe
    CABAYE Yohan
    CAMARA Zoumana
    CAVANI Edinson
    DAVID LUIZ
    DIGNE Lucas
    DOUCHEZ Nicolas
    KIMPEMBE Presnel
    LAVEZZI Ezequiel
    LUCAS
    MARQUINHOS
    MATUIDI Blaise
    MAXWELL
    PASTORE Javier
    RABIOT Adrien
    SIRIGU Salvatore
    THIAGO SILVA
    VAN DER WIEL Gregory

Absents : AURIER Serge (Suspendu)
    DIAW Mory (choix)
    IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan (Suspendu)
    MAIGNAN Mike (choix)
    THIAGO MOTTA (blessure)
    VERRATTI Marco (Suspendu)

(from the official website)

DL's inclusion is the main talking point! I'm so shocked. There's no way he will play, but it will be nice to have him there for moral support. I'm also surprised Motta is excluded after all the talk about him potentially being able to participate, but maybe Blanc is being cautious for once. We shouldn't rush him back only for him to then relapse and then be out the rest of the season.

It's painful to see the list of absent players. :laugh:

7. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Alessandrini-voit-le-barca-gagner/551286

«En tant que Marseillais, je n'aime pas trop Paris, a-t-il ajouté. Pour l'Europe, le Championnat de France, c'est bien, mais je n'aime pas trop cette équipe-là.»

Why do all the village idiots get asked their thoughts in France before CL games? Just STFU and thank us and the other teams who actually help with the coefficients.

---

Anyway, I could barely sleep last night and I feel so nervous that I can't even eat today. It's not that I take football that seriously, I just get bad anxiety for really important knock out games because of the fact that all the hard work can be erased in a second and mostly because we have so many absent players.

The whole Luiz saga is really peculiar and there are some reports he may be available to play, but I'm reluctant to believe those. I don't see how he could play so soon after that kind of injury?

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea I've been hearing the same about Luiz... I don't understand how he's able to play after a pretty serious injury a week and a half ago..

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If he does play, I wonder if it will be in defense to prevent Blanc from having to play VDW or if he will take on Motta's role in midfield.

Either way, I just hope he doesn't play unless he's 100% fit. He wasn't 100% fit against Marseille and we all saw how that turned out. I'm just hoping for some clarification from Blanc because I feel really uneasy about this.

We really need for every player to step up today. This is the kind of game where I'm so thankful we have Thiago Silva.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    So will it be Rabiot o Cabaye in mid today?? Im praying its Adrien.

Btw in unrelated news: Farewell to Jurgen Klopp. Sad to see such a passionate coach leave his dream job, as was Dortmund for him.

Pandore repped this.
  11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would feel so much better if Lucas could play the whole game, but that's definitely not going to be possible.

12. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It will be both. The two of them plus Matuidi. We don't have the luxury of choice today lol

To be fair to Cabaye, he has done well since his return. At the same time, against Barcelona, neither of them fill me with confidence. Rabiot did look pretty good when he came on as a sub for Chelsea though.

My main worries aren't those two though. I'm worried about VDW first, Lavezzi second, and Sirigu third. That's what scares me the most.

As for Klopp, it is sad to see. I wonder what he will do next.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I was hoping id see Pastore in mid with Lucas starting out wide, but you might be right, Cabaye and Rabiot start in mid today.

I really feel like if we can win the midfield, then we can practically win the game.

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah, that would have happened if Lucas had come back sooner. It's a shame, but hopefully he can have an impact from the bench. He might come on at the beginning of the second half.

Who knows what Blanc will do though. It would be strange for Lucas to start, but if they feel that he is up for it, then that would be amazing.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    God im going to be a nervous wreck in an hour.

Allez Paris!!!

Pandore repped this.
  16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can totally relate! Words cannot express how anxious I feel, especially considering our depleted squad. :(

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/A-priori-ce-sera-sans-david-luiz/551376

It seems like he won't be starting after all. The whole situation is pretty strange. I got my hopes up a little bit, but I knew all along that it made no sense.

ALLEZ PARIS!!! PARIS EST MAGIQUE!!!!!

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Sirigu; VdW, TS, Marq, Maxwell; Rabi, Cabaye, Matu; Pocho, Flacko, Cavani

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The real test will be Blanc's substitutions and when they occur. I really hope Lucas has a whole half to impose himself, but I feel like it's asking way too much from him (or any player) to be decisive after such a long absence.

19. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm trying to remain positive despite all the absences. We can do this!

ICI C'EST PARIS!!!!

20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Meanwhile, Lyon beat Bastia and are now temporarily first (unless we mess up against Nice).

21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Alba is so despicable

22. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodness, Marcos. Give the best player in the world a yard of space, why don't you?

23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

All started with Rabiot losing the ball.

24. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They got the away goal before 20 minutes. This is so depressing

25. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club: