News: PSG 2012 - 2013 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, May 31, 2012.

1. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Terrible draw . Dominated the whole game despite having to play with 10 men just couldn't score . 2 points from 2 games vs the mighty Ajaccio .

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did moura play? if he did how was he?

3. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  4. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    - I did not understand the choice Ancelotti made at the half time to replace Pastore by Chantome because of the red card of Motta since the game hasn't changed at all after Motta was sent off. PSG kept heavily dominating ACA . There was no need to densify the midfield and I regret that Carlo didn't wait a few minutes after the half time to make the change. You are already losing your best midfielder with Motta and you chose to play with a pair technically limited Matuidi - Chantome against a team playing with a 5 players defense and 11 guys behind. If you wanted to densify the midfield, it would have made much more sense to field Verratti instead of Chantome. You are losing the quality of pass of Motta and the one of Pastore with this change. The only midfielder who would have brought the quality of his passing, of his vision is Verratti. Chantome had plenty of playing time since the beginning of the season. Except his match against Kiev, he has been very poor and we are only witnessing how limited he's. It's impossible to understand why he's higher in the hierarchy of the midfielders in the mind of Ancelotti now and it makes even less sense since there was still Matuidi on the pitch for the defensive duty.

- Lucas had a pretty good first official game with PSG but he has to improve tactically and get to the flow of the team because he spent most of his time in the center, too close of the position of Lavezzi on friday and left Jallet alone on the right side. Luckily it was only Ajaccio so it was pretty harmless but offensively we could have expected from PSG to stretch the opposing defensive, making a better use of the wings and in particular since they left a lot of space on the right side. Jallet too could have made a better use of it but he missed an insane number of crosses. Jallet, the intruder. :rolleyes:

- Now that I think about it that something very disturbing with PSG against Ajaccio is the way of the FK, corner kicks were shot. There wasn't Menez on the pitch, probably because of his injury (I hope) who is usually in charge of the corner kicks so the players who tried to shoot them (Pastore for example) shot them very poorly and most of the time à la Rémoise. It wasn't a technical choise, we could feel that it was because they were not confident in their abality when it comes to shoot corner kicks. PSG wasted a lot of them. When there are Alex and Thiago Silva in the penalty area, it's even more annoying.

I admit that I'm disappointed by the coaching of Ancelotti since the beginning of the season.

Beyond the result, the expected suspension of Motta and the injury of Thiago Silva for at least 3 weeks is big blow. The best midfielder, the best defender (player too) in the team absent for the upcoming games. Cool :cool:

5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    L'équipe

6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no frenchie on the list ):

7. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    PSG.fr

8. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]

I didnt get to watch the game so I can't comment on the performance but the win is very important and it should give the team some confidence

9. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Honestly, it was the worst game of the season. Judging by the face of the players and of course Ancelotti in tears, the group was very much affected by the death of Nick Broad.

There is something disturbing that we have already seen against Ajaccio, though. I hope that Ancelotti receives no pressure from the head of the club to field Lucas. Tactically, he's really bad, he's not pressuring at all and so on. It surprises me that Ancelotti fielded him again on the right side after the game against Ajaccio where even I who is nobody compared to Ancelotti pointed out this weakness. Carlo was forced after 20 minutes to ask Menez and Lucas to switch positions because he left Jallet dealing with the right side alone and it was a disaster with Tremoulinas who kept attacking. We all know the qualities of Tremoulinas, Carlo should have expected it.

Lucas is a player for the future not for now. I expected him to use the 6 months from January till the start of the next season to get used to european football but he has been a starter during the last two L1 games and I don't like it. The team was perfect in december with Pastore, Lavezzi, Menez and Ibra. We found the right alchemy between the players and with the inclusion of Lucas, the team seems lost tactically. The profile of the players fielded against Bordeaux was pretty similar. Someone capable to keep possession was missing and it's Pastore. We've seen a huge difference when he came on the pitch. There can't be complementarity between Menez, Lucas and Lavezzi.

10. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    2-1 against Toulouse for now. Huge performance.

3-1, Lavezzi scored. Menez is a magician

11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It was our 2000th game..very nicely played, Gameiro would have scored more if not injured...with a new set of defenders...Carlo's system with midfielders is working and the whole team (20 players) has integrated it very well! Pastore and Lavezzi have automatisms...they would help the argentinian celeste. Veratti-chantome-matuidi does a good job gettin the ball back and launching offenses...good omen for future games (0-5 loss against Madrid makes me confident for CL too). Nene at halftime was emotionnal added to the tribute to Nick Broad....it was a good 2000th game!
    ICI C'EST...PARIS!!!

NicolasN. repped this.
  12. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    1-0 against Lille. The second half...:ROFLMAO:

13. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    dude and win is a win three points feels nice! but we played like crap ....nothing for me to brag about !

ALLEZ PARIS !

NicolasN. repped this.
  14. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

Titulaire, Ménez, réserve, Chantôme :eek::ROFLMAO:

15. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Le Parisien

What a shame, only 3 players went there : Camara, Le Crom and Areola. When you think that we were hearing that Sakho was affected by his death since he just left Sakho's place when he got his accident and that he did not even went there. :sick: Une belle bande de salopes.

16. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    PSG - Toulouse : 4-0 (Pastore, Ibra, Sakho and VDW). It confirms yet again that PSG is better with Pastore. Lucas had his best performance with PSG. Sakho scored a header (incredible). Verratti didn't get a yellow card :eek: and had a very good match. Jallet is the only player that has been very bad, Tabanou toyed with him. He was replaced in the second half by VDW who scored after a good work from Ibra.

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i thought Jallet played well he went out for tactical choices ... great game 3 points carlo ancelotti played amazing tactics vs Toulouse we totally broke down there defense nice game over all

18. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I wouldn't say Jallet was very bad but it was clear that he was the worst performer . With the run in we just had ( Bordeaux away , Lille home , Toulouse away ) I didn't expect maximum points . Now I've said that watch us drop points at home to Bastia in the next game :oops:

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ALLEZ PARIS

SCREW YOU BASTIA

Wahbi is a bit ch!

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICI c'est PARIS!

Lavezzi

21. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i wish we had a clean sheet

MENEZ IS AMAZING !!!! GREAT GOAL!!!

NicolasN. repped this.
  22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Menez, the magician striked again.

23. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The combined absence of Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta is a big blow for the game against Valencia.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont like Valencia. If they played in France they'd be relegated and stripped of all their stars. They're lucky they play in Spain.