PS4 vs. Xbox1

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by ttrevett, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I "have" to replace my PS3 and am wondering if you techies can steer me in terms of which machine to replace it with?

I only rarely play games, and when I do, it's going to be a sports game or at most, the latest version of Modern Warfare. I haven't bought a new game since October of last year (Madden 2015). I do think I would buy more if I had the latest version of a hardware system.

I do utilize Netflix and Amazon streaming on my current PS3.

Thoughts?

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Either fit the bill. Just go with whichever one that you think best suits you. From what you have said neither outperforms the other except the map packs for Call Of Duty come to Playstation earlier.

Dante repped this.
  3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good time of year to be in the market for a new console, for what it's worth. Lots of "holiday" bundles are also coming with an extra, free game or two.

4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Xbox One has the better library at the moment. Seeing as how both PS4 and X1 charges for online, then you should probably go with Xbox as they tend to have better online services.

5. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that correct that PS4 now charges for online? I don't pay right now for PS3 online play.

6. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On Playstation 3 it is free. On Playstation 4 you need Playstation+ to play online multiplayer.

7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unfortunately yes.
    Therefore free online is no longer a factor to stick with Sony.
    Otherwise I may had advised you to stick with PS brand, especially when you say that you only play games occasionally.

But now that both companies charge you, its better to go with the one that offers better service. And Xbox has better online.
    This is up to personal preference, but imo Xbox currently also have the more interesting exclusives.

8. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st if you plan to play online with friends, what are they playing on? If there is a consensus on a certain system go with that one.

2nd If you are ok with playing the previous years sports titles EA has a program on Xbox that I find to be very valuable. For $30 bucks you get access to all of last years sports titles, Titanfall, battlefield 4, battlefield hardline, the UFC title, previous Need for Speed, Dragon Age, and Peggle. Along with that you also have access to 10 hour previews for everything that is out or coming out this year. For example I am slowly ticking away at my 10 hour preview of Madden 16 and will be trying out Star Wars this weekend.

3rd If ya care about frame rate and HD pixel counts the PS4 is the system to go with. Some Multiplat games are still running at a higher HD pixel count and fps on the ps4, that does not include EA sports titles which seem to be 1080 on both.

9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If you play by yourself, I'd get PS4 as the exclusives are better than Xbox 1 IMO, and the sports games are pretty much the same. If you play have friends you play with get whatever console they have, I find it more fun to play with others. If you only care about sports games and don't care about any other games either one is fine imo.