Protecting yourself from metatarsal injury

Discussion in 'Player' started by Gerard..., Jan 20, 2007.

1. Gerard...

Gerard... New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    On the Right Wing
    It seems every match i play lately im get studded right in the middle of my foot and im in alot of pain for quite a few days. Is there anyway i can protect my feet better? ive started to strap my feet up but its just uncomfortable... Any ideas?

2. Todge

Todge New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    London
    i remember seeing a club doctor saying that for anyone at his team who wears the really flexible boots (where you can easily take the toe and bend it back past the laces) he gives them a carbon fibre insert under the actual innersole to offer some protection.

metatarsal injuries were very unheard of until the last 5 years or so, cunningly at the same time that boots have been getting lighter and protecting the foot less. from the footage i have seen of many of the broken metatarsals in top football its rarely anything to do with stamping on boots, and you just know it goes on. its normaly bizarre challenges and what we look at as freak accidents. my Legends are stiffer in the base than some but still not as stiff as they probably could be.

3. Gerard...

Gerard... New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    On the Right Wing
    ah i see so it might not be the metatarsal. I'm interested in these carbon fibre inserts might try and get some.