Proper Behavior During the National Anthem

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by StoneIsland, Apr 24, 2006.

1. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Galaxy Fans:

Please take off your Dodgers cap during the national anthem. Watch caps are hats too so please take them off. Show some respect, even if you are not a citizen. To your regret, somebody, someday, might get fed up with your disrespect and take your hat off for you.

Sincerely,
    The Inter-city Soul Frontline Headhunters Bushwhacker Crew

2. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    etiquette lessons from a neophyte, pseudo-hooligan. ironic or just stupid? you decide.

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of ironic, but I do agree with StoneIsland.

4. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    While I think the faux-hooligan thing is quite funny, one can do whatever one wants during the national anthem. Free country and all that.

of course, if this comment is just more faux hooliganism...then by all means...

5. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oooh...a meta-troll. I never did think of that.

In any case, it's a mater of respect, not the freedom to continue to wear your hat like a jackass for no good reason. I think a bit of peer pressure is in order. Next time I see somebody wearing their hat during the anthem I might gently remind them that what they're doing offends my sensibilities. That it shows a basic lack of respect for others. Then I'll emphasize my point by trying to drive their nose backwards through their brain.

6. natfaninla

natfaninla Member

Jan 18, 2005
    L.A.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh right, page 568 on sporting etiquette in Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior, Freshly Updated.

And what can we do to those bastards who shout out "O" like at Orioles' games?;)

7. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I think people should sing along to the anthem. The whole anthem, multiple verses and all.

8. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if someone wants to sit and talk on their cell phone with a cap on during the anthem, let them. I stand with my hand over my heart.

9. wonderman

wonderman New Member

May 13, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one time, at a galaxy game, there was, like, this fat chick sitting in front of me and when the anthem started she stood up and totally farted!!! I was like OMG! have some respect for the country! I mean, really! I'm totally serious! it was soooooooooo gross! I know being fat makes you stupid but, like, I think that is totally uncalled for. especially during the national anthem, you know? I'm all for freedom and everything, but that fat cow's fart was really grody, and I don't think that, like, other people should do things that could offend other people. I'm just saying that, like, farting is considered totally illegal in some countries and we should totally do that here. especially fat chick farts. lol :)

10. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    kill all the farting fat chicks.

for the good of the country, damn it.

11. WAX888

WAX888 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Ontario, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Has anyone else noticed that the security staff in red on the field don't remove their caps during the anthem? That seems ridiculous to me. Well at least the ones in front of me the last two games haven't.

12. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    wow... another group of mildly retarded wannabehoolies.
    look at their photos. i love the designer outfits.

13. drjamesincandenza

drjamesincandenza New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Long Beach
    There is no right not to be offended (a fact frequently not understood by people on both the left and right, btw). There are two classes of things you might object to during the national anthem, it seems to me: things that you wish other people would do that have no effect on you (others not doffing their hats, e.g.) and those things which interfere with your ability to offer the sort of reverence you might want to during the anthem (talking on cell phones, chatting, etc.) The latter you have a good argument for asking other to stop. The former is just you wanting others to have the same respect for the anthem and flag that you do. Some don't (me, for example) and as long as their lack of reverence isn't keeping you from your expression of free speech (i.e. offering your reverence), it seems you should, well, mind your own business.

I always take off my scully just not to stand out, but this thread is making me rethink that....

14. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    StoneIsland marks up another victory. Wind-up complete.

15. StoneIsland

StoneIsland Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only person around here who needs a sock puppet for non-trolling posts?

16. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    No. San Jose fans who attempt to be constructive suffer the same plight.

17. HeretiC

HeretiC New Member

Jan 29, 2000
    LA, CA
    Lighten up Francis.
    [​IMG]

18. douglasmhines

douglasmhines New Member

Nov 7, 2005
    wonder if you would feel that way of someone directed an insult to your mother, sister or kid. it may be a free country, but that does not mean we have to accept disrespectful trash. Though let me say, i am not supporting violence in any form against such persons, just a comment to 'educate' them as to what is considered acceptable.