Promotion and Relegation in C

Discussion in 'Italy' started by aussie_ascoli, May 8, 2006.

1. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Spezia, have secured Serie B, along with Napoli. Should be a good game for the Serie C Super Cup.

Frosinone seems to be the team to go up from the C1B playoff's and does anyone know the dates for these, including the finals. And after Genoa's poor form it doesn't look like they'll come back up, unless start playing again.

On a personal note great news that the other Ascolani clubs has been relegated Fermana, and the other Ascolano club Sambenedettese is in a playoff to go down as well. Hope Ancona stay in C2, that covers Ascoli's rivals in C1, except for Teramo who are in a playoff for Serie B. There city is in Abruzzo 30 km from AP.

Gallipoli have gone up again, this is due to multi millionare buying the club.

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/napoliwatch.html

Looks like the two other Ascolano clubs (fermana already relegated and Samba merd@ losing their 1st round home leg in the play-out), will be in C2.
    It is also good to see Ancona losing as well. Also happy Teramo got points taken away from them.
    Seriously for my personal year 05/06 of italian football, it could not of gone wrong. Ascoli in A, and rivals getting relegated/screwing up.

If your a sambenedettese fan, its a sorta sad story, from play-offs to B last season, and to be fair if Napoli wern't in C, they probably would of got promoted. Few years back Guacci also owned this club, but left a nice 250 000 Euro debt on the club, but he did get them out of regionals.

WHATS GOING ON WITH GENOA?

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm happy that Teramo got points taken away from them because they're Abruzzese.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And it works in Salernitana's (my "hometown team") favor, as they will now play the play-off against Genoa.

5. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I haven't been paying attention to both Salernitana and Genoa so if they win the play-off, do they go into Serie B?

6. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    No.

This is the first leg, the other two teams in C1A are Pavia and Monza.

7. giallorossissimo

Apr 8, 2005
    South Florida
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abruzzo isn't all that bad. Do most Italians really think so?

8. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Dor02, I think has issues with them, because in Melbourne their is a large Abruzzese community (apparantly, i don't know for sure). So there is a lot of rivalry between the different Italians. Eg. were better than you in this; we make better food than you; our region is superior to yours; your region is full of sheep; your region is really greek (highest insult possible (well in Adelaide, its used a lot)). Another one, our sauce is better than yours. Your dilect is greek or stup1d. Get my drift. Alot is humor, but when your young, you think that your region is the best and if anyone else says is not, you want to beat them up. Even the older italians use this, eg. A napoletano says to his son, don't you ever marry a Calabrese, and vise versa.

In Adelaide our two biggest community are the Napoletani (really from Avellino and Benevento), and the Calabrese. And there is a lot of rivalry between the BIG two. Smaller groups are the trevigaini, Abruzzese, Ascolani, Molisani, and i think there is a tiny community of Frosinone people.

In Melbourne its different, I think there are a lot of Calabresi, Siciliani, Abruzzese, and Romani.

The Molisani really hate the Abruzzese and the Marchigiani have more rivalry than hate.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In Melbourne, there are a lot of Abruzzesi but there are more Siciliani and Calabresi than Abruzzesi. Judging from the Abruzzesi I know, I find it hard to get along with them. They coincidently hold grudges against me and I don't try to give them a hard time. The majority of them would be my generation but the older generation seem to be fine with me. A sad thing for me is that the hottest chick at my high school (until I graduated last year) was half Abruzzese, half Australian.

I have one Abruzzese friend and sometimes he can be a bit idiotic. Sometimes whenever I hear an Abruzzese talk, it seems that they think that everyone is a dickhead.

"What are you doing, you dickhead?"

"He was suppose to do that, you dickhead."

These are from the few Abruzzesi I know of, not all.

Most of the time whenever my nonna mentions Abruzzesi, there is a story involving a person stealing something but you can't really say that they're the only ones. The Abruzzesi that I get along with the best are my second cousins, who are Calabrese on their father's side (my dad's cousin) and Abruzzese on their mum's side.

I don't hate all Abruzzesi but it's fairly ironic that the majority of Italians that I don't see eye-to-eye with are Abruzzese.

Aussie_ascoli, what's with the hatred with Teramo although they're from Abruzzo?

10. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

Its 30km from Ascoli Piceno, so its considered a derby game.

11. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Without doubt I'll cheer up for Pavia.I would be so glad if Pavia climbs up to Serie B since part of my family come from this part of Lombardia.

The old capital of the Lombards now have a team climbing to Serie A?:rolleyes:

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here are the results from Serie C1 for the playoffs. Girone A is only at the first leg stage but in Girone B the Final for Promotion is Frosinone-Grossetto. Pro Sesto, Lumenzzane, Acireale, and Massese are relegated to C2.

PLAY OFF GIRONE A (1st Leg)

Pavia - Monza 1-1
    61’ Veronese (P), 84’ Beretta (M)

Salernitana - Genoa 2-1
    25’ e 53’ Ferraro (S), 90’ rig. Stellini (G)

PLAY OUT GIRONE A (2nd Leg)

Pro Sesto - San Marino 0-0 (andata 0-1)

Sambenedettese - Lumezzane 4-0 (andata 1-3)
    11’ Zini, 20’ Macaluso, 47’ e 71’ Docente

RELEGATED: Pro Sesto e Lumezzane

PLAY OFF GIRONE A (2nd Leg)

Frosinone-Sangiovannese 0-0 (andata 0-0)

Sassari Torres - Grosseto 0-1 (andata 0-1)
    81’ Lo Nero (G)

Girone B Promotion Final: Frosinone v Grosseto

PLAY OUT GIRONE B (2nd Leg)

Acireale - Juve Stabia 1-1 (andata 1-2)
    29’ Alfageme (A), 90’ Agnelli (JS)

Pisa - Massese 2-1 (andata 0-1)
    32’ Pellecchia (P), 51’ Borneo (M), 98’ Baggio (P)

RELEGATED: Acireale e Massese

13. Stefano_Fiore

Stefano_Fiore New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    How is Frosinone in the finals? Did the win the shootout? Was there a shootout? Or are they through because they finished 2nd and Sangiowhatever finished 5th?

Either way, if Frosinone's in the finals then SAWEEEET! I was born in Frosinone and I still have more than half of my family living there!

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice... my family is from Frosinone and I still have a lot of relatives there as well.

15. Highbury

Highbury Member

May 13, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so is Girone B the 5th division in Italy?

send Juve down!

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, It's like this:

Serie A (1st Division)
    Serie B (2nd Division)
    Serie C1 (3rd Division, split into two groups Girone A and Girone B, with the first place team in each Girone goes up automatically to Serie B, while there are playoffs to decide the other two teams who go up.)
    Serie D (4th Division)
    Eccellenza (5th Division)
    Promozione (6th Division)
    and there are many other leagues after that.

17. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

You forgot C2, which is the 4th div.

Three groups in C2 (C2A(northern italy), C2B(central italy), C2C(southern italy)). The top team in each group get premoted automatically, while the next 4 teams from each group play-off against each other for the next promotion spot. In total 6 teams get promoted. The teams from C2A usually go into C1A (northern italy), teams from C2C usually go into C1B (southern italy). While teams from C2B will usually go into the league where its more convinient. Some years the league will put northern teams in C1B vise versa, because to make the numbers even, and so travel is not to far, But its not like a team from the top of italy will play in C1B.

So, Serie D (5th div, spilt into 9 regional divisions, the top team from each div is promoted)
    Eccellenza (6th Div)
    Promozione (7th Div)
    Primo catergoria (8th)
    Seconda catergoria (9th)
    Terza Catergoria (10th)
    then ametuers

18. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ahh, so nice of you to drop in. :rolleyes:

19. timeisonmyside

timeisonmyside New Member

Mar 24, 2006
    if Napoli hadnt gone down to C1, 2 years ago I would still have no clue about the workings of the divisions after serie B I remember my bother-in-law and I took 3 hours on the internet to figure out the systems for the play-offs and play-outs which was pretty sad... i now have a new found respect for the lower divisions.

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Genoa will play Monza in the promotion Final for Serie B.

In the other promotion final first leg, Grosseto tied Frosinone 0-0.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grosseto and Frosinone will play on the 11th to decide who will go to Serie B.

22. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I was thinking about you, Dante, while watching the Grosseto-Frosinone game on RAI yesterday. Decent result for Frosinone - they just need to win at home. Wonder if they'll televise that one as well.

23. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I only saw the line-ups on RAI of the Grosseto vs Frosinone match and I noticed that one of the teams is coached by former Pescara, Cagliari and Perugia player, Massimiliano Allegri. In the 1992-93 season, Pescara finished on the bottom of the Serie A but he still scored 12 goals. After that, he didn't have the same scoring rate.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SUE!!! Nice to see you back, if it is only for a short while.

Yeah, unfortunately I had to miss the game and will miss this Sunday's as well :(

25. Basilare

Basilare New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    S. Benedetto del Tr.
    If your a sambenedettese fan, its a sorta sad story, from play-offs to B last season, and to be fair if Napoli wern't in C, they probably would of got promoted. Few years back Guacci also owned this club, but left a nice 250 000 Euro debt on the club, but he did get them out of regionals.

Mi dispiace per te ma la Samb si è salvata, anche se i giocatori non prendevano stipendi da gennaio e abbiamo cambiato 5 allenatori finendo con gli allenatori delle giovanili, grazie ai tifosi che hanno aiutato la squadra in tutti i modi, anche dando pasti e alloggi. Il presidente Soldini è scappato e la società è fallita, ma proprio ieri l'asta fallimentare ha assegnato il titolo sportivo ai fratelli Tormenti, imprenditori di Martinsicuro ex pescatori e tifosi della Samb, titolari della navigo.it. Comunque penso che tu lo sappia: tanto anche con la Samb tra i dilettanti nessuno qui segue l'Ascoli, anche se andasse in Champions League!

PS. Excuse me for writing in italian, I can't write in english very well... I hope (almost) someone can understand...