Promoted to Ligue 1! [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by AJ, May 29, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Hilliard, OH
    Going up to Ligue 1 next year: Lens, Montpellier, and Boulogne.

Narrowly missing out and spending another year in Ligue 2: Strasbourg, Metz, and Tours.

Lens had wrapped up the title prior to this week's round.

Strasbourg fell out of the promotion places when they lost the last game 2-1 at Montpellier (who had been sitting third) and Boulogne defeated (and relegated) Amiens 4-0.

Tours and Metz both needed help they didn't get (they had been depending on a Strasbourg win) heading into the last round - and Tours lost their final game to fall to sixth.

Amiens joined already-relegated Troyes and Reims in the drop to Championnat National when their defeat was combined with saving wins for Chateauroux and Nimes.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yah man its sad how tours fc lose there final game sedan too bad i was BANKING ON TOURS FC maybe.,..... next year:mad:

goodluck montpellier with next session

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Lens have great fans so its good to see them back up. They averaged over 28,000 per game this year and thats incredible for L2.

Montpellier, I remember the last time they were in L1 and they averaged liked 16,000 per game in a 30,000 + stadium so they really dont have that great fan support.

Boulogne, I dont know much about but its a smaller town so I guess we shouldnt expect them to have a long L1 stay.

4. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Montpellier a la Montee!!!

allez allez allez, notre Montpellier!

:D:D

5. Warrior51

Warrior51 New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    North Shore
    Damn. Angers was so close all year and then collapsed. Next year! Good luck to Montpellier and Lens!