Promesas del Futbol Ecuatoriano

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Guayaquileño, Aug 11, 2009.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    He's not the next Reasco. Matter of fact there is no next Reasco or Ulises that i've seen at all. Velasco and Ramirez are really good players for their age. 17 and 18 year olds starting in defensive positions and getting that much playing time is impressive. And they've done well. Velasco and Ramirez don't have to be the next Reasco or Ulises to be promising players with great futures. They have different styles of playing. They have more than enough time to continue developing too. Velasco has a Copa Sudamericana and a round of 16 Libertadores on his profile. Few players his age can say that.

And I agree, Independiente has the best youth talent in the country right now. That team can go places if they continue to develop in years to come.

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Talking about Independiente. Have you guys watch this video? That is crazy that every sub. group they have are in the final (if that is what I understood correctly). I wonder why other clubs don't put as much time and money developing youth as this team. It's crazy and awesome.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ^^
    Independiente is a well run organization from top to bottom...they have to rely on young players because they don't have the money to buy expensive/overrated foreigners, or offer considerable salaries to the better domestic guys. You're right other teams should take note and put more emphasis on the development of young players. I've said this before, they're top guy Deller is a smart man.