Project Templar - Taking the Supporter Concept Beyond Orlando City

Discussion in 'Supporters Group' started by Macsen, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the UCF/USF game, I have been thinking of ways to extend the passionate fandom for soccer in Central Florida.

My resolve in this has recently been galvanized while calling soccer games at the high school I work at. A small group of fans has begun to chant and sing like you would expect supporters to.

For that reason, I am proposing Project Templar. Project Templar will be an initiative to promote supporter culture throughout Central Florida at the amateur level. Specifically, the high schools and colleges.

I am using the term "Project Templar" because I think the first target should be UCF, and "Templar" is an obvious supporter nickname for the Knights. We need to get together a group of UCF students to get them ready for the 2011 season and the spattering of friendlies that the team typically plays through the year, as well as Orlando City matches.

My hope is that eventually we can have supporters' clubs at most area high schools, as well as UCF and Rollins. And through these supporters' clubs we can enhance the profile of Orlando City.

2. AdamSoucie

AdamSoucie New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for it. Let me know how I can help, Jeff. You know how to get in touch.

3. Papadop

Papadop Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Metro Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic idea Jeff!

The only problem I see is time. There's work and family, sick kids, cars needing an oil change, home repairs, parties, funerals, etc...
    If you can figure out a way to "spread the wealth" (by that, I mean work load) around and keep everything organized...it could work.

The Orlando City Supporters will do what ever we can to "support" Project Templar.