Project: convert Columbus into a pro Mexican crowd

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El Guero Naco, Jul 15, 2005.

1. el_zacatecano

el_zacatecano New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    Clovis, Ca.
    Isnt Dantezo Peruvian? :rolleyes:

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No he is a self loathing Mexican.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2443175&postcount=20

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2451073&postcount=33

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Thank you for being so concerning torwards my situation here on Bigsoccer much appreciation!

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    O.K. let's get this thread back on topic how to get tickets to the US vs Mexico game in Columbus.

Dantezo stop trolling you don't come in here bad mouthing Luis Hernadez and calling El Tri and Mexico fans classless, when you do that you are trolling.

5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hahahhahhahah, I got tickets in Sammy's corner.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good for you I'm sure that was a nice birthday suprise.

7. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes it was. I'm not sure what to do now. I have 16 peoples coming, but we're split up. Another 8 people might be tough.

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Tickets for Mexico/Barras y Estrellas WCQ in Columbus

It's almost as good as the Real Salt Lake hooligans thread. But not quite.

Personally, I think it would be fun to party with the Mexican fans in Cowlumbus. I'll be happy to party with 'em next summer in Germany too.

I hate that hooligan bluster some people post here. Fact is that 99.9% of the people who post shizzle about how "hard" they are here on BigSoccer would crap their pants if they encountered real hooligans.

9. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

That's what I'm saying, nothing but drinking a little ribbing.

10. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea
    I am not trolling. You guys call me names and I am just replying to that – you saw it.
    I don’t need to call Hernandez any names, his name is synonymous with trouble – soccer fans know of him. For some reason you seem eager to defend him. I did not call all of el tri and Mexican fans classless.

That is what I have been saying all along. I think it will be fun- don’t you guys agree? I can not speak for all USA fans, but personally I would welcome you guys to the game.

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Like I said keep it on topic how to get tickets to US versus Mexico game.

12. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea
    Like I said I was replying to topics brought up by yourself and Mexican posters. What was with wrong with my modified post you deleted again?

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Off topic the topic of this thread is getting tickets for US versus Mexico game. I have now twice told you to keep it on topic so see that you do.

14. Dantezo

Dantezo Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Jeonju, S. Korea
    Then shouldn’t you delete your own posts and those from the Mexican posters that brought me “off topic.” When I came in here I was talking about the tickets and the game, as you can see.
    Isn’t that discriminating? :rolleyes:

15. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights

Funny how that's the first I've ever heard of it. You'd think something like that would've been talked about a lot at the time, but apparently not. :rolleyes:

(Then again it could be true, I'd assumed for some reason that SSM was talking about it happening in a WCQ which I know is not the case because I've seen every US-Mexico WCQ in the last 3 cycles, if it was in the Gold Cup which gets horrible TV coverage here that COULD be a different story. Still, I'm skeptical due to the fact that I'd never heard about it before, and that it just doesn't seem like something Pope would do. If you'd said Jones or Armas or Wynalda, maybe.)

You know, you run into a lot of strange people on BigSoccer, but the people that completely fail to (or choose not to) understand the difference between a sports rivalry and racism are among the most perplexing to me.

Yeah, because telling people that it might not be the brightest idea to sit among a bunch of opposing fans in a very heated rivalry at a night game where people have been spending the entire day drinking is "hooligan bluster". :rolleyes:

16. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

LOL drink up for big Mosco guys have a toast on my account!

17. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Are you trying to tell us that the following is not some sort of veiled threat?

It sure as hell sounds like a threat to me. If it's not, then tell me what it is.

18. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    to me it sounds more like a warning or a I told you so

19. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    lets keep the violents down people!

20. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    peopke forget that their are mexxicans everywhere :D So you can bet columbus is gonna be full with mexican supporters. At every us vs. mexico games ;) their has always been more mexican fans. just a reminder

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I remember reading someones post awhile back ago and they typed about the americans soccer used to be posted in the very end of the newspapper next to the iceskating section! LOL

22. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights

I must've missed the part where I said "If there are any Mexican fans in the supporters section I'll kick their ass". THAT would be a threat. Pointing out what should be common sense is not a threat. Get over yourself.

23. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

You're lying. You threatened to beat up Mexican fans who buy tickets in the SA section. Everyone here knows that's exactly what you meant.

I'm very well aware of your posting history on these boards. People don't call you "Axis Alex" because of your tolerance.

Getting back onto the topic of this thread, I know there will be a strong Mexican presence in Columbus, but there's no way that you guys will convert the crowd into a pro-Mexican one. I could see maybe 10-20% Mexican support, but not much more than that.

I can't wait for the day when we see that level of US support down in Azteca, but I don't know if I'll see it in my lifetime.