Project: convert Columbus into a pro Mexican crowd

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by El Guero Naco, Jul 15, 2005.

1. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    I would Freaking LOVE to go to Columbus so that I can help thwart your evil "secret" plan and still meet some of you guys in person. :D

But I'd feel like a real @sshole if I left my wife and the Baby overnight to go to the game this soon after the Baby got home. Plus, I'd feel like a pr!ck for spending ca$h when money is so tight right now (we only have one income while my wife stays home with Lourdes). So I'd feel extra guilty about buying a plane ticket and probably could better spend those funds. My wife said that I could, but I just can't justify it when I can see it on TV for free and I can always go see the US-MEXICO--Ooops--MEXICO-US ;) play a WCQ again sometime in the future.

All of which is to say, that MAN, I WOULD FREAKING LOVE TO GO but I think that I'm gonna have to pass. And for no extra charge, I could see if some of you cats look like I imagine that you do based on the way that you type...

FYI: I'm no travel agent but the cheapest airfare that you will find going directly to C-Bus is Southwest.

So my question for RDL is this:

If I gave you the ca$h for my ticket, would you have any objections to me sittin and hangin with the BS Mexcio Crew? My money's good too Bro... :D

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    you got to do what you got to do. :D

My bro has to be in SF by August 21st. He could fly, but he wanted to have a car since he will be in SF for about 3-4 months. He asked me if I could make the trip with him, so we plan on leaving around the 9th-11th of August.

NOW, I am sure as hell not going to arrive to SF and leave the next day... I wanted to stick around a few days and get to know th city. If nothing comes up and I still have Sept 2-3 open, I do plan to go to the US/Mex game in Columbus. My plan was to fly from SF to Columbus. Stay there ovenight and then leave the next day after the game.

I wouldnt have a problem with you sitting with us.....

but if you are needed more on the home front... then that is the place you have to be... afterall... I am not 100% sure I am going.... I will know that around mid august

3. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Mark me down as a "maybe"

4. AZTLAN_MEX

AZTLAN_MEX New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    ok this might sound a lil off topic. but since mexico is practiclly already qualified for the world cup altough not mathematiclly; i would rather see them facing a pro-american crowd in what cold weather columbus can produce during september. the experience would be alot more beneficial for our mexican national team especially if we win... :cool:

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No matter what it will be a pro-american crowd Columbus isn't LA.

6. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001

Columbus will still be warm in September. It won't get really cold there until November.

7. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Tickets for Mexico/Barras y Estrellas WCQ in Columbus

BOPPER GOT TICKETS!

I'm bringing that tin stadiuim down!

I plan on bringing a small posse. I think 8 of us are a lock. I'm was working on getting 8 more tickets, but will see how that goes. Beer holster will be there, so if I remember anything that'll be bad.

:D

8. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Where you live? coz maybe I go !!!

9. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :)

10. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!
    Don't be so sure....Columbus is driving distance from Chicago no? But, wasn't there an article about the U.S. Federation trying to find a way to not sell tickets to people with Spanish last names?

11. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    If you guys are going to go and you are going to fly, the sooner you get your airfare, the better. Check to see if Southwest flies out of an airport near you.

12. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If anyone is goin from L.A. I'm thinking about goin...I wanted to go see Chivas vs Real in Chicago...maybe i'll have enough $$ by Sept.

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

That was versus Honduras and they got such bad press for their racist actions that they put a stop to that policy.

14. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I will be leaving from L.A.

15. yankiboy

yankiboy New Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    I didn't read the article that you are talking about. I am just guessing that what was probably actually going on is that the USSF was trying to find out which team you supported if you bought tickets in a certain part of the stadium

Again, like I said, I'm not really sure. I know that back in September 2001, when the US played Honduras in Washington, DC they asked what team you were supporting when you purchased tickets. A rumor got out that they wouldn't sell tickets to people with Spanish speaking names but it was actually that they had "zoned" tickets for Honduras supporters. The reason that I know that it wasn't just not selling tickets to people with Spanish names is because my wife bought our tickets and she still uses her (Spanish) last name just like she did back then. Also, I had coworkers who got a bunch of tickets. In the case with my wife and my coworkers they were asked what team they were going to support when they purchased the tickets.

After a lot of controversy, a lot of hard feelings, the not so "secret" plan didn't really "work" anyway. We were by far outnumbered by the Honduran supporters in what was supposed to be "our" section. Coz at the end of the day, it was all about the CREAM (Ca$h Rules Everything Around Me--Dollar, Dollar bill, y'all).

I always thought that it was considered a failure. I'd be really surprised if they actually tried it again. Then again, it is the USSF. And I have often thought that one "S" stood for "stupid".

Anyways, I hope that it is all just a rumor--if I am able to go, I am counting on LMvCP to get my ticket so I can hang with the BS Mexico crew. :D

16. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    This game is Sept 3rd. It will NOT be cool. It might not be a scorcher, but it won't be cold enough for even a sweater, probably. The last Columbus US/Mex qualifier was during the winter, I think. March or something. THEN it is cold in Ohio. You guys lucked out with this date. There isn't anywhere in the US really cold then (Ok, maybe Alaska).

17. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Bull, I put my order in the first run and nothing. Bastards. I sent it in and the fax went thru, I looked on USA travel forum and it seems I was ahead of a ton people and still nothing.

18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You didn't get a password?

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I got my password, see you in eBay, beyotches :cool:

20. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

No no, I got the tickets thru the second sale not the first. You know the Sam's Army sale. I wanted to sit with them nice guys. Either all is settled I got my tickets now, but when I submitted my stuff the first time via fax some cauck threw it out.

21. Don Boppero 3000

Jan 15, 2001
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're selling your tickets?

Gimme some.

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator