Progress of creating additional K-League teams

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korea_Fighting, Jul 25, 2002.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, is there anyway to watch K-League games here from New York?

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes, you can watch internet broadcast. Sign up in www.fairplay.co.kr and you have to pay to watch (or you are supposed to).

3. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Two or more teams in Seoul is critical to share the bruden of establishment fee.

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    somtimes http://www.itv.co.kr airs it live. Click on the on-air button to check.

5. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    that's why I want GM-Daewoo to create a football team pretty soon (probably in Inchon) and show other clubs how it's done in America. It's just freaking amazing K-League teams do marketting like 60's or 70's. GM, hopefully can bring some sports management people from United States, and have them be the director of sports or whatever the position that's related to marketting for this new team. Another problem is they don't have intelligent people in KFA. I mean why don't we have commercials that promote the league itself. Look at MLS, they do that all the times. And each team should promote itself, too.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    But realistically would you, if you were a corporate owner, spend more money on marketting when you're attracting fans without it? People sure as heck go to the stadiums to watch World Cup stars not because they love their team or anything, if you know what I mean. Soon enough, when this World Cup heat dries up, soccer fans will begin to criticize SEVERLY and maybe that's when the clubs will pay attention.

7. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    probably. or clubs may have no ablility or interest to listen as soon as fan bubble busts? they are really pathetic..

8. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    I say love the team MORE than the players

the bubble in most of the fan base are (i dun want to pick on the middle school and HS girls but..) ppl that love the players too much.

its sort of like ppl that lived in cities that didnt have NBA teams.. and they all loved the Bulls.. why?? cuz MJ played there... what happened after MJ left?? *POP* Bulls barely can fill the stadium.. ppl dun watch their games on TV.. even the psedo fans in other cities.

Same thing that happened in the K league, when lee and ahn and seol left korea no more ppl (or should i say girls) showed up at the games...

thats sort of why im glad the teams want their star players to stay this year

To make a more loving team, the teams, i think, should try scouting more home grown players. I rather they pick two good home grown players than one expensive super star. The two players would bring much of a "my home team" feel to the fans.

Also the teams logo and name should not bear the symbol of the corporations...

look at Kia in KBL.... used to be the Haetae.. but whole new team...
    No history or legacy... even thought the players are the same.. its just not the same watching them play

A team should not fae due to the corporations lack of a financial machine.

Why call it Suwon Samsung.. when u can just call it Suwon Bluewings...

anyhoo.. does are just my bitching... and if i think of more to bitch i will ^^

sorry fellas

9. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    just one more thing... u guys see the video where lee lim sang punched lee yong pyo after a tackle??

i mean.. even the ref just stood there and watched... what the freak...

just becuz he is a sunbae doesnt give him the authority to go punch him

even lee yong pyo had to bow down 90 degrees...

man.. i feel sorry for yong pyo...

what a dick lee lim sang is

10. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    i read about that.

All this talk about a "new era" in Korean football and we come back to this dark ages BS. I hope Lee Young-pyo musters the cojones to break Lee Im-seng's legs next time.

11. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  12. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Seoul should have two. They've got two good stadiums and if they can have two baseball teams (in the same stadium no less) they can easily have the two soccer teams.

Is there a big enough fan base to support Seogwipo? The away team probably won't have too many people travelling to see the games there -- will that make a difference?

13. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    did u guys see the ju joo stadium during the game on sunday?
    it was half empty
    not becuz ppl didnt show up but cuz not that many ppl live there

thats whats gonna happen to Suhgweepo

14. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    funny thing
    if u go to the official Kleague site www.kleaguei.com
    they say that the total percentage win by Suwon is 107.92%
    wow~!!!!!!!!

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Before we make new teams how about inviting world class teams to make a stable fan base?

I was thinking something like the AS Roma vs. Real Madrid at the Giants Stadium on the 8th..but it should be like Suwon vs. Barcelona at the bluewing stadium or Jeonbuk vs. Inter Milan at the Jeonju stadium or Korea U-19 vs Manchester United at Seogwipo. I think big events like this could revive the dying league (since its apparent that the clubs arent good at low-budget effeicient marketing to attract fans). After another wave of soccer craziness during the Asian games I think events like this would help overall.

16. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    with 11 million people Seoul should have at least 11 teams. And even now they can create 5 teams.

17. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Seems like Daegu is a done deal??

18. AminKor02

AminKor02 New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Even with the WC success, I'd say many of the big name teams probably consider Korea an out of the way backwater -- too far to travel and not enough talent (plus no money in it). I would like to see MLS teams come over though, and vice-versa.

19. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  20. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Cities with two teams

I think cities with two teams (like a proposed Seoul one) is an excellent idea because it'll also boost spirit. A derby match is EXACTLY what the K-League is missing.

21. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002
    seoquipo is bad bad idea. first not much population there, 2nd its windy city like chicago but alot worse. thats why ppl put stones on top of their roof so it wouldnt get blown away.

22. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    True. We really need some protection against natural disasters.

23. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  24. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal

25. crom80

crom80 New Member

Jan 4, 2002