professional

Discussion in 'Player' started by persianfootball, Jul 1, 2005.

1. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    scouts will always come watch a highschool team if they hear they are good and gave some great players. Plus scouts always watch the playoffs

2. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    okay, you just keep trusting in that

3. crhs_fusballer

crhs_fusballer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Vancouver,WA
    Scouts watch the playoffs? wow i didnt see any in washingtons playoffs.

4. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Ha! Do you think it's written "scout" on their chest? They look like ordinary people who just stand around the field.

5. pinoy80y432

pinoy80y432 New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    LOL..are you joking?

Becks-Thanks for the info man..just read this whole thread...i was surprised that you were a keeper thought =P For me..i plan to *sumhow* make it into MLS, then get scouted to europe. :D

Other peaople- To get into pro soccer *I think* you should at least be on the best team in your area, they may get a bit more esposure to scouts (as they do or may travel a lot) than normal 3rd, 2nd, or 1st devision teams. People always say "train hard, or beleive in yourself ect." What you really need is luck, skill, and GOOD exposure in INTENSE tournaments. Also ODP is another great way to play "top level" soccer, because they should be and most often "the best of the best" in your area. Well that's what i think of it, and I'm only 14 :D Maybe im wrong, maybe im right.

6. Fury20

Fury20 New Member

May 13, 2005
    Nashville, Tennessee
    i will, your not going to notice scouts when your on the field playing...there just sitting up in the stands like ordinary people. They not what you probly stereotype them to be as some guy with a clipboard and pro team club jacket or soemthing on, they just look like normal people but there looking for great players that stand out among the rest. and just like goalhappy said scouts are almost always at playoff games

7. benilson09

benilson09 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Hartselle, AL
    ********-3, you remind me of a guy I used to coach. As a junior this year he scored 63 goals in 18 games. Don't sweat your high school team not being good, according to the coach from my old high school "I would never make it anywhere in soccer much less on his team". I thought that was funny because he used to play in the MISL and I used to emabarass the man whenever they had pickup games in the summer. I graduated in 2000, 2 years later, I was offered a tryout for a 2nd division team in Mexico. I never went because I got a really good job and life is really hard for players down there. My advice to you is if you want to play pro soccer, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it and don't let anyone make you feel like your not good enough to have something you want. As far as how to get in to the semi pro and pro leagues, I got lucky and had a friend that played for a youth team in Mexico and he made some calls for me to get the tryout. I know of a website that is actually really effective for getting noticed. I guy that I play ball with registered on there and went to a combine in Florida where he was evaluated by a coach from the Columbus Crew and made it to the last round of the open tryouts. Another guy made it to the Rapids. I will check around for the info I used to have and post it up here though.

8. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
    thanks soo much... it is greatly appreciated!

9. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    ok lets say you play in 1st division in germany on one of the not so good teams.
    How much do you get paid? is there a minimum pay?

I went to germany last year and played with a team there andwow some kids suck bad. i come back to canada and my league is a lot tougher.

anyway im going back to germany in august, what should i do to get noticed and where should i go?i will be in aachen, koln are

and imight be going to serbia for vacationin belgrade, there is 2 good clubs there Red star and partizan, the 2 best teams in serbia.
    thanks

10. safe hands 01

safe hands 01 New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    have any of you lot been told you have the ability the talent the skill the footaballing brain etc to play professionally?

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I was told I had the ability and talent to go as far as I wanted playing football when I was 16 but I got injured, left my club, and now I'm having to work my way back up through the lower leagues. :( On the other hand, if you're good enough, you will get there eventually I guess, that's what I'm looking to at the moment.

bigg skizzle

12. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    I'm sorry to hear that Big Skizz. Good luck getting back

13. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well I had a good season last year so I had a couple of clubs looking at me. Looks like that has died down but I'm happy to stay where I am at the moment because, well, being a big fish in a small pond is good for confidence!

bigg skizzle

14. Fabregas' no. 1 fan

Fabregas' no. 1 fan New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I only support Cesc
    Woo, I have! I actually got offered a YTS contract with Southampton, but I turned it down because I didn't want to leave things and people behind where I live. I don't regret it either, because to be honest, I had/have lost my passion to play football professionally. If it meant that I'd have to leave people that I care about, I didn't think it wold be worth it.

But if you can handle stuff like that, don't give up on your dreams.

15. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    What league is that team in?

16. Becks23

Becks23 New Member

Jul 4, 2003
    how old are you now?

One way that I always looked at things were that, playing pro was something that you can't pick up when your 35 right? Take the opportunity while it's there. But if you have no regrest awesome!

17. Fabregas' no. 1 fan

Fabregas' no. 1 fan New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I only support Cesc
    I'm 16 now. In my opinion, at least I can live in the knowledge that I was good enough and that the opportunity was there if I wanted it.

18. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    ya your right, iam going to germany in 2 weeks and I hope someone sees me play there, the city iam staying at has a pro team in 2nd divison. but i dont know what to do, iam 17 by the way

19. jvillefreelance

jvillefreelance New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    i would like to play in the MLS one day, but wright now i think that the USL would be a good place to start, and that the J-league would be awesome to play in...

20. b3ans

b3ans New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Lol, I play in New Zealands Northen League Division One team! Which is like club football, one below the premier grade in the northen area of my country. Which is all the football occurs any ways because the bottom half is addicted to rugby. And im only 16 years old. So i guess im sort of in a good position, playing against fully grown men, being seen by relativly large crowds. And maybe, just maybe being scouted out to play for Auckland City or the National team. I highly doubt it, but maybe someday ill be able to get out of this whole and play real football somewhere else...

Ken

21. socca_playa

socca_playa New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Soccer in Canada is much differant. I currently play for the Toronto Jr Lynx in the Super Y League, I have a question, down here the Super Y looks like a great league to be in, but how do you americans look at it, just a normal league, or is it a very godo leageu to you guys as well? To us te Super Y seems amazing considering your playing against american squads.

Also regarding the topic, I hope I can make it pro, I had a long talk with some people and now I'm realizing that it is nto easy to get there, that is why just starting recently I began training seriously on my own and not only trainign with my club team, I am going back home to get looked at by some youth teams next summer, hopefully all goes well!