Problems at Penn State

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by CM, Oct 29, 2003.

1. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Can't stand back any longer

I agree with FMRPLYR. I was recruited by Gorman, and he is so abrasive that many players from PA are turned off by him. He needs to go. Many of my friends that went there hated playing for him, but loved the school. With the right coach that wasn't such a jerk, Penn State could harvest the crop of excellent PA players each year (not just the past few years) and build a national powerhouse.

2. FMRPLYR

FMRPLYR New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Well Said

D-Wall is right on the money, as very few of the players whom have played for Gorman respect him. Most of the players absolutely love the school (how could you not?) but just suck it up and deal with all the crap that he hands out to his players. Evidently according to recent articles in the school newspaper he still makes his players tend to the grounds by seeding the field themselves by hand using cones. Hopefully Bluem at OSU doesn't try and model his career after him, but I see that he has just released players as well. Not a good move.

3. bopper

bopper New Member

Sep 16, 2003
    One more game and CM gets my vote for prognosticator of the year.

Hax, did you ever hear anything more about the bloodletting? Was this simply a misguided and apparently unsuccessful attempt to "inspire" the team?

4. looprevil

looprevil New Member

Oct 23, 2002
  5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That's a pretty damning article.

That Devlin kid's got balls. I would say the odds of him being back in Happy Valley next fall are pretty slim, unless Gorman is gone.

Sounds like there could be more defections as well.