Pro Evo 3 demo is out!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by LUVURONIE, Oct 25, 2003.

1. LUVURONIE

LUVURONIE New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Toronto,Canada
    I downloaded it last night from Fileshack.com.My initial thoughts are these.The presentation of the game is fantastic,much more indepth than Fifa 2003 anyway.Here's hoping Fifa 2004 is better this time round.The stadia are nice except for the billboards,they all have Konami on them,it looks awful.The ball in the game looks like something that was used before the birth of those real old school leather balls they used back in the day.Not good.Lastly,the player models are average at best.S*i*,I look more like these guys than they do.The only cat who looks even remotely like himself was Spain's Raul.
    Overall though,I'd say from what I saw,this game looks like one to seriously look at,in terms of buying.I will be buying this and Fifa 2004 no doubt,and besides to me anyway,the more footie games the better.

2. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    I've been playing the PES3 demo for a few days. I'd say it has better gameplay than FIFA 2004, the way of the players pass, run, shoot, tackle and move is more realistic. Tho FIFA 2004 has better graphic. Does anyone know where to download the demo expander? 5 mins are too damn short!

3. nihonjin07

nihonjin07 New Member

Feb 25, 2003
    japan
    when i play the demo lags a lot. it seems as if i were playing in slow motion. and when i press the arrow keys it lags then it moves really fast.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    plz dont worry about player's faces, the ball, or the billboards.
    the pes/we series is always heavily edited by fans, and since this one is actually on pc it will be even better. tons of new balls, player specific faces, new stadia, teams, billboards, etc will be in.

5. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Bump, and a few observations...

Observation #1: after about three minutes of playing the demo, I became a PES3 convert. About an hour ago I deleted the FIFA 2004 demo off my computer. I didn't have a second thought about it. And I was a FIFA buyer since the first iteration of it almost a decade ago. The quality that Konami put into this game is evident from the word go.

Observation #2: It runs smoother in windowed mode on my measly (to you folks, yes :p ) AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz machine. In full mode, it's super-slo-mo. But in windowed, it's a breeze to play.

Observation #3: This game looks fantastic on my machine even at 640x480. I have an ATI Radeon 7200 64MB card, and I've never seen such clarity in a soccer/football game. I ordered mine from a UK game place, and it's a pity that it won't be over here in the states. It would certainly give FIFA a run for its money.

Although don't fret, EA; Total Club Manager 2004 looks promsing. You just may get some $ from me yet.

PES: FIFA-killer (in my case...)

Paul

6. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Question, then....

Will the full version have a windowed mode option?

Paul

7. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Ok, I'm gonna buy this game definitely for my PC. I just have a question.

What game pad should I buy? I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I have no idea where to start.

I would rather have it on PC over PS2 for the options of user created stuff and being able to save more goals without buying extra memory cards.

8. kc123

kc123 Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Get a Logitech dual action gamepad, about $20. Great for PES 3.

9. LUVURONIE

LUVURONIE New Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Toronto,Canada
    Charge,
    I was just about to post a thread asking is Pro Evo 3 available in North America,Canada in my case.Thanks,you have given me the answer.May I ask where in the UK you ordered it from,and how much was it,total price S/H included.I NEED AND WANT THIS GAME.Appreciate it,thanks.

10. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Gameplay.co.uk has it for UK $27 (22 for the game and 4 for overseas shipping). But the readme file that came with the demo may give some folks pause:

"Minimum requirements:
    Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
    Intel Pentium III 800MHz or equivalent processor (Athlon/Duron/Celeron)
    128 MB RAM
    4X CD/DVD-ROM Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500 video card
    DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    DirectX 8.1 or higher (included on Disc 1)
    5GB free hard disk space (me: :eek: )

Recommended:
    Windows 2000/XP
    Intel Pentium IV 1.4GHz processor
    256 MB RAM
    8X CD/DVD-ROM Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 4, ATI Radeon 9600, or higher
    DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    DirectX 8.1 or higher (included on Disc 1)
    5GB free hard disk space

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:
    NVIDIA - GeForce FX (5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4, GeForce3
    ATI - Radeon 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500

It may be necessary to update your hardware drivers before playing."

Paul

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's 27 Pounds. Not USD.

12. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Touche. Don't have a pounds key on my keyboard.

Play.com has it for 17 pounds, but that's Europe-only delivery. :|

Paul

13. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I know..I don't have one either..but $27 USD is a lot less than 27 pounds. 27 pounds is about $44

14. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is this game comming out for PlayStation 2 in the US?

I've always bought EA's FIFA series but I've gotten tired with how they do things over there. Every time they "improve" the game they take away features that they should have never touched because they were perfect just the way they were. I think I'm going to start giving my money to someone else. I heard lots of good things about PES that I want to try it. I know the teams and players are all fake (because Konomi does not buy the licenses) but the way EA screws up on rosters, player stats, and uniforms, etc... I might as well be playing a game with fake teams.

15. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it comes out in march 2004, probably as Winning Eleven 7 International. if you dont mind spending extra money and have a burner, get the game now from Asia. it is a CD and is ez to burn, plus everyone has just finally learned how to crack all aspects of the game and all the good patches are coming out now/soon.

16. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to this site I think I can order it now from the UK for PLaystation 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A03NF/pes2com-21/026-9691872-9102804

That should not be a problem right? I mean I should be able to play European Playstation games on my US Playstation console right? Or is there an issue with the game format and european games can't be played on US console (kind of like the whole VHS and VCR compatability issues)?

17. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no you cannot play it on ur ps2.
    here are some options:
    mod chip - depending on the model of your ps2 there is a chance you could get a no-solder mod chip. these are the easiest to install.
    a slip disc - a way to trick your ps2 without losing your warranty.
    flip top - very ez way to play the games but i think you lose your warranty, just like with the mod chip.
    you will also need a game shark or magic swap disc.

18. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    na man it wont work, its a different version, i belive the disc format for the european consol is PAL and the usa its like NC something.

just wait for it to come to the states in FEB 2004
    i was talking to one of my good friends that attend college with me and this kid tells me that, pro evolution 3 /"" winning eleven 7 for the usa" put up a demo in a university, so people can try out the game. Well he tells me that NO one attended class for a week in that portugese university, because they were all busy trying out the demo they set up.

man this game is simply the best, i got converted when i bought winning eleven 6 (pro evolution 2) last year, i cant wait till the new one comes out in feb. a must buy, blows fifa out of the way. fifa cant compare man.

20. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a difference in features or any way between Pro Evolution Soccer 3 and Winning Eleven 7? Or are they the same exact game?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is WE7 the name that the game is given here in the US? And it's called PES3 everywhere else? Sorry I'm new to all this. I was always a FIFA fan but I don't like the way EA is running things over there so I want to try something new.

21. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PES 3 and WE7 are basically the same game. The Difference is: 1. PES 3 has European Clubs and National Teams, whereas the Original WE7 has Japanese/Korean clubs + European.

2. PES 3 will have 5-6 languages.
    3. WE7 International is the version that goes to Non-Euro outside of Japan/Korea.

But there all basically the same game.

As far a PS2 version goes...if you have an NTSC PS2 (a North American or Japanese PS2) You cannot play PES 3 (Its European and in PAL) You must either Import WE7 from Japan and have a mod chip or wait till the FEB/MAR 2004 for the US version of WE7

If you've got a PC w/ a DVD-ROM drive and about 5-6GB of Hard Drive space you can order PES 3 from Europe. (PCs have no Regional complications for game software)

22. Soccertes

Soccertes Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks DutchFootballRulez.

Does anyone know if MLS teams will be available on WE7?

23. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DFR is wrong, the main difference are the languages. pes3 has like 5 languages built in i think and only japanese for we7. the teams are the same, only difference this yr around is one special move you can do which is nothing special.
    no mls will not be in the game, you could always edit it yourself if you like tho.
    we7 is asia, pes3 is europe, we7 international will be USA in february.

24. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
  25. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, I'm wrong, I'm thinking about the J-League Edition of WE7. I mentioned this in another post. Konami is notorious for making different versions of the same game. Winning Eleven: J-League Editon and/or Final edition.

Also I think WE7 International also goes to S. America and Australia as well.