Primera B League Discussion Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To discuss la B and its clubs.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You just had to make us suffer a little more, didn't you? :p

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D

Well, I thought that with River playing the tournament there will be more interest in discussing it. I know I'll be watching it more.

Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anybody watching Gimnasia-Tucumán? Gimnasia was up 2-0 by the half-time but Tucumán tied in the second half with two golazos, now Gimnasia scored again and they're up 3-2, only 5 minutes left!

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea it was an absolutely INCREDIBLE game. too bad for los tucumanos... they played some great futbol

honestly the nacional b has been a lot more interesting than the primera at the moment... i mean who wants to watch games like rafael vs. arsenal or tigre vs. san martin de sj?

the nacional b is going to be far better this season

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmm not sure if it's all like that, in the end Banfield-Rafaela was a very interesting match considering the way Rafaela won, and Tigre started badly against Racing but improved and nearly took the three points.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know about that, I don't buy it that the A will not be interesting. It's true that a lot of games were dogs last weekend, but I think it was a fluke. The Argentine league may be a bit down, but the matches are still usually exciting and full of emotion.

The B should be pretty good as well, though. Looks like the Tucumanos went after Gimnasia and didn't show them any respect, even though they ended up losing. I am curious to see if teams will bunker against River or will go after them.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Raspando las gayinas, pero ganaron. La B les cae bien.

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fecha 1 rating mas alto de Primera A Olimpo-Boca 13.00
    Fecha 1 rating nas alto de Nacional B River-Chaca 18,2 approxidamente 2,2 millones.
    Hasta en la B EL MAS GRANDE LEJOS

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL! You are proud that people are watching River in the B? Most people are watching because they are laughing at how far the team fell.

I have to admit I watched it myself, and River did show a lot of heart to scrape to a hard fought 1-0 win. Congratulations.

Seriously...

11. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    How can I watch La B games in the US of A?

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More people watch River in the A or the B. congratulations to you on the win over Union

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funny how bosteros all over have been giving us crap for beating Chaca by just one goal..

... last time I checked, didn't they lose 4-1 to the same team last year? :rolleyes: :D

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From my understanding there is no channel broadcasting the games in the states. TyC Sports Internacional might, but they didn't show the River-Chacarita game, so I really don't think they'll be showing BN games.

Your best bet would be a stream. Try Rojadirecta, that's how I watched Tuesday's game.

15. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've been down on the Argentine League since Futbol Para Todos kicked in. It's hard to see and find games and when you do, its usually thru streaming, which isn't the best way to watch.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...minoria-en-river-para-hinchas-visitantes.html

So there will be "visiting fans" for this game. obviously Vila is just playing his hand against Grondona here, but this is the time for visiting fans to return to the lower leagues.

I know some people are complaining about this (boca fans mainly), but mendoza is a red and white province (River had 20,000 away fans against Godoy Cruz last year) and the stadium would have filled with River fans anyway... so it was necassary to open the platea norte for the 12,000 river fans and i assume even more will be going but sitting quietly amongst the independiente fans

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River's stadium was suspended for five matches.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes and many people are saying its not a strong enough ban but in reality i'd say its too much... central did even more damage when they lost to all boys last year and got no ban and there were many cases of cops taunting river fans and/or spraying tear gas for no reason. 3 games would have been sufficient

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it was not enough. It was more than I expected, but I still think it was too little.

To be fair, if it was Boca I'm guessing they probably would have gotten a small punishment as well, but I think if a club like Belgrano had been guilty of the same antics they'd be ducked points.

20. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On this one i probably agree any of the big 5 would have received the same treatment.But we are falling behind Brasil now and AFA know it.AFA need the big 5 back winning quickly or the difference with Brasil will become very serious.

21. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And just remember that Union is in the top division and riBer is in La B. Cavigol and Chori and only one goal......from neither:eek: You riBer regulars are fiercely loyal to your team and I respect that.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    central make it two for two and have six points to top the table... huracan lost again, definitley suffering from the pressure

23. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i wasnt being sarcastic.Yes River fans are fiercely loyal to our glorious club but we respect u lot too

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I recall correctly the first leg against Belgrano had better ratings than the last superclásico.

That this is considered a "new thing" comes to show the lack of knowledge of the journalists about the second division, and it's the second division of Argentina not the first division of Turkmenistan. I don't see how this is exactly news because at the end the clubs sell tickets and anybody can go and buy them, and even then it has happened in the recent years that away supporters managed to get into the stadiums for example Rosario Central did it more than once, against Almirante Brown and Patronato(Which finished in troubles), and the season before were others like Aldosivi-San Martín de Tucumán, everything was alright until a supporter of San Martín celebrated a goal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ND8Tb1xFGM&feature=related]Patronato-Rosario Central[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ7psJi-Fec&feature=related]Hypocrites![/ame]

Note how this last one is a recording from Vila's TV channel...

Tsk, but you see how it is, that was caused by Central in Rosario, since it was River in Buenos Aires it's a catastrophe of biblical proportions that spreaded to all the corners of the nation(Okay, that's exaggerated) but oh well.

Tsk, specially River who has soooooooo won many international titles.

I saw that match and saw Gimnasia de Jujuy's match against Ferro on the first round, they look like a strong team they're a bit lacking with the finishing though, the second goal against Huracán was pretty good.

By the way did anybody see this goal?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7naqGfgd_c&feature=player_detailpage#t=77s]Patronato-Defensa y Justicia, amazing goal @ 1:17[/ame]

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I saw that. An awesome goal and an amazing game.

One good thing about the gayinas being in la B is that I'm actually paying attention to the tournament after many years, and it's a damn good tournament. You see some crazy things, both "liricas" and rusticas".

Wild. Just like I remember it when I was a kid and used to go to watch All Boys or Ferro play on Saturdays.