Review: Primera A League Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by NYC_COSMOS, Jan 23, 2011.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

P.S. That was BS ass goal that shouldn’t have counted.

2. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gracias hermano! Sigo adolorido y sin voz de la fiesta de ayer en el obelisco, después terminamos en Las Cuartetas... :cool:

Se lo merecía Lisandro.

Si Tigre juega como ayer el domingo que viene se salva.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Pretty tight. :eek:

BocaFan and locoxriver repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure if 4th place is still up for grabs(?). Would they have a playoff if 2 teams finished tied for 4th or just give the last Libertadores spot to River because they won the head-to-head during the season and have a better goal difference than Tucuman?

Top 6 get a bye for the first round in the superliga cup, though doubt anyone cares...

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You’re in luck, Mario. Looks like unless there’s a last minute change, Gallardo will utilize an alternative team on Sunday in order to rest the starters for the Copa.

It still shouldn’t be a bad team (no word on the XI, but nowadays Ponzio, Matias Suarez, Mayada, Ferreira, Carrascal, etc are part of the alternative squad), but at least it won’t be full force.

Hopefully Julian Alvarez gets the start too. The kid has been promising every time he has played and appears to have a bright future

SupaMario repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @SupaMario Confirmed...

[​IMG]

No Pratto, Matias Suarez (looks like Borre is back to being the “sub”), Pinola, Nacho Fernandez, Enzo Perez, Montiel

All this on top of the known absences of Armani, Palacios, Quintero, Scocco, and Casco due to injuries

7. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tigre won, but so did Patronato so they're still out.

On the plus side, they can still qualify for the 2020 Libertadores via the Copa de la Superliga, even though they will be a 2nd division side. :confused:

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Copa de la Superliga draw:

[​IMG]

BocaFan repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually, the Argentine league is one of the few that doesn't allow teams to participate in a continental competition if they are not concurrently in Primera, even if they rightfully qualified to said competition. Tigre finished in a position that technically should have granted them a slot in the 2020 Copa Sudamericana (and they could still win the Copa de la Superliga, which grants a Libertadores spot as you mentioned), yet they are ineligible for both tournaments given their relegation.

Different countries have different rules. For instance, many Brazilian clubs have participated in the Libertadores/Sudamericana while being in their country's second division. Santiago Wanderers also participated in last year's Copa Libertadores while being in the B division by winning the Copa de Chile the previous season. However, in Argentina we have our own rules for whatever reason, which in my opinion is bizarre... a team that qualified on merit shouldn't be barred from participating given the occurrence of unrelated events.

Burr repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I don't like that rule either. They should just relegate teams like other leagues do - i.e. sending down the 3 or 4 worst teams of the current season. That would solve this issue in most cases, since teams in the bottom 3 or 4 wouldn't qualify for Libertadores or Sudamericana through their league position, by definition. Guess they could still qualify through the Cups but that would be highly unlikely anyway.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is indeed a bitter pill to swallow. My friend's kid was being christened on Sunday at Noon but I told his wife that I had some business to attend but would come to the festivities afterward. I am not a religious person but if there is a hell, my ass was gonna be toast long before this fib. Regardless, I am proud of the way they went out. They fought like warriors and did all they could do. Perhaps, we hired Gorosito a little too late but again I am proud. We gave away far too many points away, Batalla's blunders and not being able to hold a lead really burned us in the long run.

Fanatiz apparently shows one B game a week, so I am hoping they'll air our games.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When River went down in 2011 it was a complete injustice. River had never finished in the bottom four of any season and had just finished a campaign worthy of a sudamericana spot. IN any normal league, River would never have gone down.

Now, this system has struck again. Tigre has not finished in the bottom 4 of any of the past three seasons and just finished in the sudamericana places. Its sad and its an injustice.

My heart goes out to Tigre and their fans who just like River fans in 2011, didn't deserve this.

Now the AFA has come out with an even more ludicrous format for next season.

If we all had any courage and principles, we'd stop watching argentine football until we got a serious league with 38 rounds, home and away, top 4 to libertadores, bottom four go down

SupaMario repped this.
  13. manu chao

manu chao Member

Partizan Beograd
    Argentina
    Apr 10, 2017
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1714 RiverGaucho, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    You don't know much about football and you didn't read my post.

In the 2008-9 SEASON, not apertura tournament, River did not finish in the bottom four.... No team in Argentina has been relegated after an apertura or clausura, so I don't quite get what your point is. River had a bad season, yes, finishing in 14th place, but in no league in the world outside of Argentina does 14th get you relegated.

By your logic, or lack there of, Boca should have been relegated for this:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Torneo_Final_2013_(Argentina)

Also, because you are a clown, I thought I'd remind you of some more important things. See I like to celebrate my team winning, you like to celebrate the losses of your rival.

You do realize that last year you lost not 1, but 2, yes TWO finals to river and all you and your gang of peronist go on about are river's relegation. Get a grip on your club's situation. Can someone please ban this man?

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

RiverGaucho repped this.
  17. manu chao

manu chao Member

Partizan Beograd
    Argentina
    Apr 10, 2017
    Let see some facts: In the 2008-9 season ,no team in Argentina has been relegated after an apertura or clausura,beaucause existe promedios.
    So that season promedios save Rivier to been relegated.
    In 2011. River played play- out matches against Belgrano,
    he had a chance to show he did not deserve to be relegated.
    Thank you to post this clips,but history do not begin and do not finished in 2018.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1718 RiverGaucho, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Where is the ban for this guy? @Moishe @locoxriver ? He is spewing bile and utter lies. The promedios did not see river, it caused us to go down, anyone with a calculator and a brain knows this. It was written about extensively at the time

History does not begin in 2018 according to you- i sent you clips from 2014 and 15 as well

You say no Argentine team has been relegated after an apertura or clausura bc of promedios... You obviously just don't understand argentina football. The Apertura/Clausura was created to give smaller teams a chance at winning, they are were two championships that together formed ONE season. Teams are relegated after the season, not after one championship.

In 2008-09, River finished 14th, this is a true fact. River never finished in the bottom 4 in any season from 2008-2011, yet was relegated bc of this archaic promedios system.

This discussion began because Tigre, @SupaMario 's team was relegated under the same circumstances as river, never finishing in the bottom 4, but going down unjustly.

Since you can't grasp argentine football, it probably would have been best for you to just stay clear of the conversation.

And I'll say it right now. River got relegated. It was sad. We bounced back. We have beaten you in two finals since then. Eliminated you in a semi and a round of 16. We are still the most successful club in history of the primera division, this is not a lie like the bile you spew on these forums, but a FACT. River is also the most successful club in the history of the copa libertadores, amassing more points, wins,goals and better goal difference than any other team.

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus christ, they keep on ********ing around with the continental qualification rules... Although a relegated team is ineligible to play in the Libertadores/Sudamericana based on their annual season position (such as Tigre), it seems this new cup will have certain exceptions.

For the Copa de la Superliga, the winner will qualify to the upcoming Libertadores while the runner-up will get a spot in the Copa Sudamericana. If one of the relegated sides (Tigre/Belgrano/San Martin (SJ)/San Martin de Tucuman) wins the cup, they'll still play the Copa Libertadores next year despite being in the second division. However, if one of them is the runner-up, they will not be eligible for the Sudamericana. o_O

¿Si la gana un conjunto descendido puede jugar la Copa Libertadores? Sí, así está dispuesto en el reglamento. Sin embargo, si es subcampeón no jugará la Copa Sudamericana.

La final de la Copa de la Superliga será a un solo partido y será el 2 de junio en el estadio Mario Alberto Kempes de la provincia de Córdoba.

El campeón logrará su clasificación a la próxima edición de la Libertadores, mientras que el segundo jugará la Sudamericana 2020. Igualmente, habrá que ver si esos equipos ya tienen su pasaje asegurado.

https://www.tycsports.com/nota/copa...vm21kvcuopIMllaq4ffMzFlugZB2q171pE4P5QB5i-72s

Only in Argentina....

Moishe repped this.
  20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we banned people for getting something wrong or having a differing opinion there would be none of us left. But, responding to such a thing with a troll fest is typically what would be ban worthy, just saying...

Also, I wasn't aware that the Libertadores was played for points. The only number that counts is 6 to 4.

Facepalm at AFA once again.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, if they are rewarding the winner of the Copa SuperLiga with a Liberatadores spot then it shouldn't matter if the team is in the first or second division. That qualification spot is either for the league or the cup, not both. o_O

That's my view, anyway

In any case, maybe after a couple more bad showings by Argentine clubs in the Libertadores the AFA will learn their lesson. Not holding my breath, but maybe.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Starting to look like Tigre could really win the Copa Superliga. :coffee:

Burr, manu chao and SupaMario repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t normally count my chickens before they are hatched but...

[​IMG]

locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    que bien juegan los pibes de velez