Pride. Passion. Tradition. The New York Rangers Thread.

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by otterulz, Aug 4, 2005.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

good summation.

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this on John Buccigross' latest mailbag. I seriously hope that this isn't true. The italicized text is Buccigross' response.

John,

Does the revenue-sharing portion of the new CBA include proceeds from the playoffs or is it just from the regular season?

If it includes the playoffs, does that not create a disincentive to win a series in four games? Granted, the NHL has players that place a greater premium on winning than anything else, but the fact that the gate for an additional game or two has to net about $700,000 per game (since their are no players salaries to pay) has to create a bit of a temptation.

Thoughts?

Bill
    P.S. Please say that John Davidson is staying at MSG Network and not going to St. Louis to run the team for his old boss.

John Davidson is 99.9 percent assured of becoming the man to run the St. Louis Blues organization. That official announcement will likely come after the Stanley Cup finals. Perhaps, NBC will "break" the official announcement at some point during the final Stanley Cup finals broadcast, perhaps on the postgame show or during the third period if the outcome is obvious.

Will the ultimate partnership end? No more Sam and JD?!?!?!?! WHOA BABY! I seriously hope that this doesn't happen, but if it does, I wish JD the best of luck. The guy provides some great insight and while sometimes it's quite obvious he's still a Ranger, he never fails to entertain.

And if he does go, who would replace him? I've listened to a couple of games on the radio, and I like Dave Maloney. I think he does a great job.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Time to start a new thread.

Pride. Passion. Tradition. The New York Rangers Thread Part II

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    And you're not starting one because.......?

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+