Preview your perspective of Dallas' home opener humiliation in 2005

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by murtaugh29, Dec 2, 2004.

1. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Take a look at what your view will be of Andy Herron's Dallas Bombardment come Dallas' home opener against Chicago next year.

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/MLS/dab/tickets/

Click to find 3-D seat view. My guess is whatever road package we put together it will involve seating near the stage, probably in the sections immediately adjacent. Eff the Dallas.

2. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    what's the date on this

3. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    Talk about knowing you s#ck...18 game package? Guess they'd rather just wait to see if they make the playoffs!

4. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    No date yet unfortunately, because they don't precisely know when it will be finished. I think we're about as far along as they are with their stadium. ;)

5. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    I present to you the Dallas Burn Cheerleaders
    [​IMG]

6. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    We all know whos team this cheerleader is from.

[​IMG]

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting... Not a good seat in the house.

I imagine that took effort.

8. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    God, their stadium so terrible. I can't thank Peter enough for giving something to be proud of.

9. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Included in every season ticket package for FCD is a sharp stick to save yourself from viewing the eyesore that is their new stadium, the appalling sight of the FC Dallas club, or the vision of them being trounced by Chicago in their own house.

Oh, and a Tino Palace scarf ;)

10. ChgoFireFan

ChgoFireFan New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    SW Suburbs

Is that Tino Palace in the teal outfit? :D

11. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I think he is massively dissappointed by the looks of it.

Err, that is to say...Mrs. Palace is massively dissapointed.

12. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    She is actually pleased, as she does not have to put up with Tino for very long.

13. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    Yes I think he is looking for his pet, little Jason Kreis! IN the voice of Yoda!

"Ready your are not, for the playoffs you are not! The Force is strong with the red ones from the North!"

14. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Whereas I obviously like our place better, I don't think Dallas's place looks bad. I'm curious if there are reasons you guys hate it other than the fact that, well, Dallas plays there.

For my money ($0.00), I think it looks better than the erector set in Columbus, or at least the computer generated model does.

15. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    IMO it's a better looking version of Crew Stadium without a second deck.

16. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    That's basically my thought. It's CCS done up pretty. A terrible looking stage end, enclosed suites (geez only 20? FCD doesn't think much of itself), and no upper deck. Plus the end line seats are like 3 miles back from the field and it's sunken into the ground unlike Columbus which I guess keeps it from being Lego-riffic.

They have another Jumbotron, too. Whoopee. And a whole bunch of pretty youth fields so more burgeoing Dallas soccer-playing youth can come to Frisco and ignore the MLS team that plays there.

Hmm. maybe Dallasites are smarter than previously thought.

17. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    No, they're not.

18. cdin

cdin Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Waukesha, WI
    Is it just me or does the stage look completely inaccessible to load bank equipment. I am sure that they have thought about this, but I don't see any kind of elevator in the drawings. I would hate to be the guy that would have to lug amplifiers and other concert equipment downs the stairs.

19. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like that there are no roofs except in the high corners. I wonder if those seats are for groups.Seems they went cheap on the actual stadium.

20. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I don't know, I guess, but I also see a hell of a lot more seats and a a hell of a lot less benches than I remember Columbus having.

21. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    I don't think the seats/benches thing is all that important from my perspective, but then again wherever I am tends to have benches anyhow.

22. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They won't have to lug anything up or down stairs. They set it up where the trucks can go underground and be able to unload/load directly onto the stage. There is no need for elevators at all.