Pretoria to J'burg Light Rail

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by Jerbone, May 25, 2010.

1. Jerbone

Jerbone Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I heard there is a light rail running to soccer city from Pretoria, can someone confirm please.

2. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah I heard that too, really hoping that's the case as I'll need to travel between the two several times and this would be a lot better than using a taxi each time.

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Watch this space - trying to confirm the metrorail costs, stations and times but no joy - will phone them but they are striking at the moment - what fun.

4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
  5. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    You are right. They just seem to have the info in so many different places.

The Metrorail info is there but you have to go to www.prasa.com to get stations and schedules. Once in the site you have to navigate to so many different screens - I gave up and thought it would be easier to phone. Maybe you can see if you get the train schedule from Loftus(rissik station) to Soccer City on the 23rd of June - leaving at about 18h00. Zeek can check too. He needs to know how long it will take - iow which stations does the train stop at (thus delaying the trip). I think you'll need a spreadsheet to work it out!!

6. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
  7. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  8. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    FYI There's a free iPhone/iPod Touch app called 'SA Metrorail' that has the maps. I just downloaded/installed it. At this price, I figure it can't hurt.

9. pazzinter

pazzinter Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    priceless. thanks Gronum.