Press announcement: France Players refuse to Play the last Match against South Africa

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Rubinhogoal, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Next we'll start hearing people say that Blacks should be banned from European teams.

And after, Jews.

Just wait and see.

2. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    They cheat to get to the WC and then treat it with more contempt once they are in South Africa. :)

3. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vive la Légion Étrangère!

(Just an edit to be clear, because this topic is obviously headed in a bad direction. I'm not saying that the French team has too many foreign players on it. I'm just paying homage to an institution comprised almost entirely of foreigners who serve the flag with unquestionable dedication.)

4. Seymour_Gunner

Nov 23, 2007
    Seymour CT USA

Most French player are born in France. What you really mean is none white don't you? What about England? You think their black players are not really English do you?

French players had to put up with this lunatic for Manager for 6 years!
    And French players are right to ask who leaked the news?

This sort of shyte takes place often (Players and Managers going after each other). In 2006 Zidane must have told Domenic to F-off number of times. Gaza tore up his English managers office? A Stoke City player was wrestling with Tony Pulis his manager. Even Domenic himself said that he
    was not going to kick Anelka. His punishment was substitution at half time. And that only when someone leaked the news and French FA asked for public apology that things got out of hand.

Good for Anelka for not apologizing. First off this sort of stuff happens quite often; secondly its the French FA that should apologize to the players for allowing lunatic run this team. This idiot can't even find centerback, and has forced a left back play CB. He then asks one of the liveliest attacker (Malouda) to play DM?

And lastly Anelka is right that French are hypocrite....
    If you are not French you may be forgiven to condemn Anelka, but if you are French One word: GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR. French are easily the most disrespectful to authority; and won't think twice to tell their Boss to F-off or go F-himself. So get off your high horses about disrespect to Manager. Revolt, rebellion, Strike.. whats more French than that?

And the racists gits that keep bringing the foreign issue. F-off, you know nothing about French culture! Cantona , Zidane, have told mangers off!

The only reason French press is and self righteous hypocrites are barking is that unlike 1996, this team is failing on the field.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    You're wasting your time.

They don't care that Abidal was born in Lyon or that Gallas and his family are Parisian through-and-through.

For them, the only thing that matters is skin color. Since they are Black, they cannot be French.

It's useless trying to explain.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Platini is Italian. Zidane is Algerian. Kopa is Polish. Napoleon Bonaparte is Italian/Corsican. The French has always been multinational. I don't think that's an issue for them.

7. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The European continent had ethnic disputes for ages but have only started to reconcile each other in the 20th century. Europe as a whole has not dealt with the problem of mass immigration from another continent. They see African Americans as a second class citizens and its nothing new. This is present in a lot of country like the UK and Italy. The culture clash between the Islamic world and the Western world is also another big topic in Europe too.

The truth is Zidane is white... People normally associate France with white frenchmen. But... if Zidane started to openly praise Allah and gained some fundamentalist ideas I'm sure he would get some problems with the media. France isn't that sensitive about Muslims though from what i hear. I know the UK has some big anti-islamic groups though.

8. Horangi

Horangi Member

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    TR de Coatzacoalcos
    Quality post.

9. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    A multinational is something like Coca Cola.

France is not something like Coca Cola. Obviously you don't know much about France.

10. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    That's true, not because you say it, but because these players you mention said it loud enough for all to hear.

11. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    It's not skin color the problem. Any black man can be french if he accepts to become french. That's the position defended in the constitution, and since Jules Ferry, Leon Blum and Charles de Gaulle, from left to right.

Trouble is, a lot of players have put their loyalty somewhere else.

Btw, why no one is talking about racism against Gourcuff in this team ? Facts speak louder than dreamy words.

It's useless trying to explain.

1 person likes this.
  12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the answer, as a couple of posters have been astute enough to figure out, is none of them.

this is a thread that should never have started about a subject that never existed. the link in the opening quote does not lead to anything pertinent, and further search finds only one intimation of any such refusal* (coming from The Scotsman, consistently one the most spurious "sources" of information on the net). verbatim accounts of the actual press conference show any such "press announcement" to be a complete fabrication:

http://www.goal.com/fr/news/1724/eq...enech-je-ne-cautionne-pas-lattitude-du-groupe

my intent here is not to defend anelka, domenech or the FFF, but to defend big soccer. even The Scotsman uses vague terms that are nothing like, "Press announcement: Some French Players refuses to Play the last Match against South-Africa"... the only google hit for that is... this thread! and the irresponsability of Rubinhogoal rubs off a little on all of us.

* in the past hour a few more hits have appeared, all with the same wording and none giving any source. a prime example of what internet can do in the hands of the wrong people.

13. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    That's why i asked guignol, i was watching the "Chrono" on Lequipe and saw nothing like that.

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you have forgotten the most important, Ernest Renan. what is a nation? well, in the case of france, it should be people who regardless of their backgrounds choose to share a common ideal of liberté, égalité, fraternité... and a lot more. i think that's what excape goat was trying to say too, so don't have at him right away!

a good remark if not particularly accurate. you can only be loyal to something or someone else: king, country, family, an idea. looking out for n°1 is not being loyal, it's being selfish and egotistical, and that's nico (and others, and not only french) in a nutshell.

1) it's not technically racism 2) it is probably being wildly exagerrated 3) i don't know you're definition of "no one talking about it" but it's been making rivers of ink flow about it all week!

15. Grandprunier

Grandprunier New Member

May 12, 2010
    France
    True, a common ideal is what we lack most. I hope we find it back, for the cohesion and peace in our society.

Sorry if i hurt Excape Goat, i wanted to say the common ideal cannot be anything fallen from the skies. Have a good game !

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, for unifying ideas we're well served. there's bravitude, there's la princesse de clèves (casse-toi pauvre conne!)... if you're older there's voltaire, rousseau, diderot...

but the place to start is with rabelais. you can be french and still find proust too long, zola too dark, chateaubriand too precious, voltaire too jesuit, but if you can't appreciate rabelais, your francitude is suspect. reconduite à la frontière, et au kärcher!