Presidential elections

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by V_Park, Sep 29, 2006.

1. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well... We all know the Brasilian situation is not good, nowadays(maybe forever?). Corruption, violence, poverty, bad education: things that we can see everyday here, in Brasil. So, every 4 years, we have to choose a new president. This sunday, is a special day for the "democracy" and the "citizenship rights". We will(not) decide the future of our country.

This is my first election. I am in Brasil, so I must vote if I don't want to lose some rights. What about you, Brasilians, that aren't in Brasil. Will you vote this sunday?

2. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    i didn't get to make my Titulo do Eleitor card yet, and therefore, i had to miss out on this year's elections

When i went to the local ligação here in Campo, the guy said that even if i did begin to make my card, i couldn't be able to vote anyway. i still don't understand why... but oh well

When i do get to make it... i will try to vote the next election that comes around!

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    To the Brasileiros in Brasil:

Whom did you vote for and why?

Lula has won a second term. Tell me why you think this will be good or bad for Brasil.

From my very limited perspective here in the United States, I do not see Lula as a bad president. There was much fear when he first came to the presidency, but Brazil's economy has done well. This is certainly not only because of him, but it is equally false to say he did nothing to keep Brazil on a good course.

The various scandals involving the Partido dos Trabalhadores asides, do you think Brasil has gotten better or worse under him? And why?

4. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    the scandals are being investigated, in opposition of scandals in the FHC age.

Lula isnt a good president, but is the less worse.