President LFV "We want to be European Champions again"

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 15, 2005.

1. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
  2. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    He should get Governor Schwarzenegger to become a 'socio' of Benfica. Then when Governor Schwarzenegger runs for President of the United States in 2008 (there's probably a loop hole somewhere in the Constitution ;) ), Benfica can help his campaign by putting "Schwarzenegger for President" on the front of the jerseys. :D

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

LOL...............After every game the PA system in "LUZ" would sound the Gov. voice saying..."We'll be back!!!!".

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    nothing stop this guy, he proved it by going to Brasil during the New Years holidays and bring home Moretto.

5. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Honestly, if Benfica is going to win the Champions League, it will have to be without Vieira at the helm. He has no idea how to operate a club of Benficas stature.

Think about it. Our average attendance is ~26,000, yet our fanbase is in the millions. A decent president should be able to fill Benficas stadium for EVERY game.

Also, look at the decision making here:
    We earn 10 million euros, and we immediately start looking for (WTF?!) Goalkeepers?! Next on the list is for a striker? HELLO MORONS....WE ARE <---> this close to losing Simao, our beloved captain, who is a MIDFIELDER!!!!

Vieira needs to be fired. I could do a better job than him.

6. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Dont forget that he has access to information (deals to be made or not made) that we dont have access to. Too early to judge what he is doing. Let all the dust settle, see the results and then make a decision on how he did. At least there is an effort being made hear. I dont think he is done.

7. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Were you a Benfica fan in the nineties by any chance?

8. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

All that Egg Nog you had for Christmas,screwed up your brain..........

9. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I was but I was too young to understand things like this. Anybody who understands football from a business perspective will know he is a gigantic moron. Benfica is a great team, but the business team needs to be doing well too, for benfica to be succesful.

10. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    ...but they are doing well. Luis Filipe Vieira has done a great job at Benfica and he has them heading in the right direction.

11. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

You obviously have no concept of how much LFV has done for Benfica!!!!1

Benfica was a Bankrupt club back in the 90s (Vale e Azevedo)....Manuel Vilarinho started the revolution at Benfica followed by LFV.....Our club had lost all its reputation with the Banking institutions (Nacional and Foreign).LFV brought a high level of stability to the club......Now has he done everything right?Most likely not.Has he done more right than wrong?Absolutely YES....

If You had been old enough to remember how bad our club was in the 90s ,you wouldnt dare asking for LFV to get fired.......

12. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    What is it exactly you disagree with?

Personally, I think Benfica is a better team after signing Morretto, M Ferreira, Manduca and L Robert. So far, I feel they've spent wisely and as result have a huge gain for the money they've invested thus far.

As far as attendance goes, I believe it's an issue shared throughout Portugal. If you take all the underlying problems with the league then a 26k average attendance is not bad at all.

13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    You are right, I dont know much about their situation in the 90s. However I still think more can be done. I really think we have just replaced Homer Simpson with the guy down the block with the Science associates degree. An improvement, but still leaves much to be improved upon.

Or maybe I am just impatient.

14. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Fine, I think Moretto was a good buy, however we dont need 3 or 4 goalkeepers. We need 2.

We dont need 19 midfielders. We need a few good ones. Especially with the goodbyes being said to Simao already.

We do need a few good strikers, but I still feel like a Simao replacement is WAY more important.

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Benfica needed a backup for Quim, that's why they bought Moretto, and after what has happened this season, you can never have enough goalkeepers. Also, I don't think anyone is saying goodbye to Simao since it doesn't seem like he is going to be sold (atleast this season).

16. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Correct! Before the Moretto signing Benfica had Quim who just came back form surgery and a "B" goalie backing him up. Moreira will be gone until the end of the season. I don't think Quim is a 100% and judging by the trip to Brasil I'm not the only one that thinks so.

We now have options and that is never a bad thing.

Simao hasn't gone anywhere, he is still our captain.

17. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    11 years no title.

LFV 2 years, 1 title, 1 taca, 1 supertaca...and counting.

18. SFC

SFC New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Portugal
    Benfica is a candidate to win the CL

The presentation of Marcel, "the right footed Adriano", was the perfect opportunity for LFV to once again state Benfica's objectives for this season: basically...win everything.:eek: :D

19. gAmA

gAmA New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Porto
    What <I'd like is him to be replaced by Abramovich. That's all we need. :D

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Have faith....Nelson, Fernandes, Simao, Nuno may catch everyone off guard:eek: