President LFV "We want to be European Champions again"

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Frank Cunha, Jul 15, 2005.

1. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    one last thing,and again you didnt read when i posted that but i clearly said that BEFORE Deivid signed with Sporting but again you dont care what i have really said and again you just look at what you want to see but ok again
    sorry for the tripple post

2. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can't bring myself to respond to a triple-post. Really. I mean... I dunno, god gave us the edit button for a reason.

I browsed and skimmed your 3 triple-posts and it was funny to me to see what you had to say.

My only comment: I actually DID read your whole post even though the way you type and format your post makes you ultra-annoying. That's why I have that kind of urge to I dunno... choke a bitch or something, but I'm resisting.

I'm only gonna say that you're not worth my time. In fact, I kinda feel sad that I wasted time to write that post 3 days ago. I feel like crying. :(

3. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    actualy i DONT think you really did read my post because you wouldnt have said what you did say......................OR you just felt like making your brain believe you read somethign that you DIDNT actualy read

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Once again, the way you write is very annoying. I skimmed the beginning and ending of your posts as for some reason they aren't as rough on the eyes as the middle. Now, maybe my original reply to your blathering to Penguin isn't clear to you because I dunno, like I said in my post, you're the smartest god damn poster in this forum. Really, I mean you're amazing. You say so many factual things and you never get biased against other clubs or for your own club. You're the best.

Also-may I suggest a course in a brain science of some sort? I mean, since you're smart enough to know that it's not the brain that controls everything. I look forward to seeing you doing brain surgery. :)

I'm not going to waste that much time to put a serious reply in for what is likely to be a 12-year-old. As likely as that is, the only certainty is that the way you post is very annoying.

5. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    LFV is the only guest at Herman Sic tonight on SICi.
    What a great show so far.

6. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    im not 12 lol but hell i dont give a ******** ill write anyway i want lol you dont have power over me lol but whatever man dont care wont ever care

7. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Honestly, no one on here will take you seriously as long as you continue to write like that. Take the time to write complete sentences in proper English with correct punctuation. I'm not saying this to be a dick, I'm trying to help you out.

8. benficafan100

benficafan100 New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Oshawa Ontario
    your not helping me out or anything lol this isnt english class or anything,just because i write a certain way on the INTERNET doesnt reflect how i am in a classroom lol but you guys dont get that and take this a bit to seriously but whatever i dont care

9. RonaldoQuaresma88ca

RonaldoQuaresma88ca New Member

May 9, 2005
    Comeon guys! I don't think punctuation and grammar have anything to do with bigsoccer.com. This forum is meant for people who follow Portuguese related soccer, not people brushing up on their english or spelling and grammar critics. We need to cut Benficafan some slack here - he has some very good opinions sometimes.

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's nothing to do about grammar to the point. But I would take someone seriously who posts with periods and just has a nice format. I personally just type well enough to type everything out. I don't like to take many shortcuts.

I don't mind people typing like:
    but yeah i dont see how so and so is going to win. i dont think they really have a chance.

I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with; and this is where you're really annoying:
    "...................................................................."

Capitalizing random words when it makes no sense, for instance:

"Well, I just think that BENFICA should beat Porto at DA LUZ."

or

"somethign that you DIDNT actualy read"

It's annoying.

You're not going to get respect from a majority of people here. Hell, Juveleorules and jferreira have been going on for ages, but there's a certain level of mutual respect because they don't throw in random "lol"s or just randomly insert five thousand periods.

Once again, it's not a grammar issue. It helps, but it's not the main issue. It's making it clear when you end one thought and start a new one.

11. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Can someone translate this into English for me?

12. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I think he states that since this is not an english class and he is on the INTERNET, he feels like he could type grammatically incorrect sentences. He also states that the way he types on the INTERNET, does not reflect the way he acts in a classroom environment. He says that we don't get his point of view and that we take him a bit to seriously but he doesn't give a flying fcuk of what we think :D

He also mentions that Benfica is a terrible team and will never be european champion. :p

13. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    He does not need you for anything. He could make mistakes on his own

He laughs at his own mistakes

The community college he attends has some classes that require better writing skills than bigsoccer.com

Again, he laughs at his own mistakes

I dont get it!!! :cool:

JK :D :D :D

You a Benfica fan and I would not make fun of you

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I agree with you. Who died and made these people English majors. So his grammer is bad who cares.

15. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    In NJ the TV's must be 3D and you don't have the glasses.

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    To use your own words i don't mean to be a dick or anything i am just trying to help you, but instead of being concerned with his english shouldn't you be closing threads that are doubled, like some of mine that you closed already?

In the Sporting forum they have a news&transfers thread meanwhile a certain person keeps opening new threads on new signings. I am no expert but i think that is considered a new news.

17. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    If that's the case, then let me know via PM or email. I can't scan every single thread on this board.

18. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I will.

19. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I give the Benfica President Luis Filipe Vieira a A and a A to Jose Veiga President of the Benfica Sad,

yesterday LFV completed his second year with Benfica,

http://www.ojogo.pt/21-252/Artigo507536.htm

Luís Filipe Vieira: dois anos de sucesso
    Luís Filipe Vieira cumpre hoje dois anos como presidente do Benfica. Com um espírito que diz ser de "missão", o líder encarnado garante já ter cumprido todas as suas promessas eleitorais, já que recolocou o clube no caminho dos triunfos
    ANA PROENÇA

Foi a 31 de Outubro de 2003 que Luís Filipe Vieira assumiu a presidência do Benfica com a maior percentagem de votos alguma vez conquistada por um candidato: 90,47 por cento de votos a favor, contra apenas 7,32 por cento para Jaime Antunes, o segundo mais votado - Guerra Madaleno recolheu apenas 0,7 por cento. A eleição do até então presidente da SAD encarnada - e homem de confiança de Manuel Vilarinho - significou a aposta esmagadora dos sócios numa política de continuidade, com a promessa de recuperar financeiramente o clube, fazer renascer a mística do passado e colocar a equipa de novo entre os grandes da Europa.

Ao fim de dois anos, Luís Filipe Vieira assegura estarem cumpridos todos os pontos do programa eleitoral com que a sua lista se candidatou ao comando do clube. Com José Veiga como homem-forte do futebol, a equipa quebrou o jejum de conquistas que durava há quase uma década e, de uma assentada, conquistou uma Taça de Portugal, um Campeonato Nacional e uma Supertaça. As contas do clube estão em dia, o passivo diminuiu, foram regularizados diversos processos que se arrastavam há anos nos tribunais, houve uma aposta na formação de novos "craques" para o futebol e nas modalidades ditas amadoras, foi inaugurado um novo Estádio da Luz, dois pavilhões, um campo sintético e uma piscina.

Novos desafios

Luís Filipe Vieira lançou ainda o novo cartão de sócio do Benfica e, com ele, o clube está perto de chegar aos 150 mil associados. O presidente fez do cartão e seus descontos a sua bandeira para convencer os adeptos a tornarem-se sócios do clube, tudo para tornar possível, de novo, um Benfica campeão europeu - "para oferecer a taça a Eusébio", como prometeu há pouco tempo. Mas, em dois anos de mandato, não podem ser esquecidas as comemorações do centenário; a expulsão de Vale e Azevedo de sócio do clube; a ameaça de abandono da presidência - ideia entretanto abandonada, no calor do convívio com os adeptos de Cabo Verde -; e o manifesto elaborado em parceria com o ex-presidente do Sporting, Dias da Cunha, com propostas para reformar o futebol português. Sem esquecer que está para breve a inauguração do Centro de Estágio e Formação, que deverá acontecer no dia de aniversário do Benfica, a 28 de Fevereiro.

Os próximos desafios, anunciados recentemente pelo líder encarnado, passam por lançar um canal de televisão, colocar o Benfica na Bolsa de Valores de Lisboa - à semelhança do que já acontece com o FC Porto e o Sporting - e desenvolver projectos de cariz social, com vista a ajudar os mais desfavorecidos.

20. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    They have done an amazing job, i hope they stay and work hard so that we can get that european title.

21. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    So far so good but there's a lot of work ahead to achieve a european championship. :cool:

22. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Well just to keep things in prospective, whats he going to say if asked if he wants to win the European Championship, " no I dont want to win it" ?

No one is anymore excited ( and ever growing excitement) about Benfica, but yes Benfica has alot of work to do before we are anywhere near winning this whole thing. There are some amazing teams out there. Still, Viva Benfica. I am already proud of the progress you made so far and look forward to just how far we can get. :) :)

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    bENFICA President is now live on estadio Nacional

Estadio Nacional is now live, LFV the guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estadio Nacional, to have LFV as a guest, highlights of Portuguese national teams etc.

24. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Haven't i seen this somewhere else :confused:

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    LFV if the Leiria goal against Sporting the was disallowed was with Benfica, the PJ with had taken over the Benfica administration for a investigation