Preseason 2021 games thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by msilverstein47, Mar 3, 2021.

1. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell of a finish!

SenordrummeR2 and RSLer repped this.
  2. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is he's getting his expected top players time together. He'll do a full lineup change for the midweek game. We'll see the lineup for the game in Minny next Saturday. This assumes we get Glad, Rusnak and Herrera back.
    Not sure who comes off to fit Rusnak in. Liked just about everyone tonight. Happy to see that Brody and Holt seem capable. Still need another CB.

georg repped this.
  3. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    #28 kirsoccer, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Yes (well maybe), he was a midfielder with the academy and in college and had some attacking background - actually I beleive thought to be a stronger attacking player than Herrera.

Also, he followed the Pablo Ruiz path and went on loan in 2019 to FCP in Austria. Maybe RSL should do more of that.

georg, Allez RSL and rslfanboy repped this.
  4. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would love to see more guys go spend 6-12 months with FCPS. I don't think it will happen until they are in the 2nd division or pushing for it. They basically said it was more expensive than they thought it would be, even with RSL paying the salary.

5. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    This season is going to be highly successfully, I can feel it. RSL already is taking home the first hardware of the season winning the highly prestigious 2021 Tucson Sun Cup in riveting fashion (with a 1-0 loss to LAG). I'm sure there are many more highlights in store this season.

15 to 32 repped this.
  6. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your sarcasm is pretty shitty.

kirsoccer repped this.
  7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its weird that they included SKC and Phoenix in the tournament when they played less games than everyone else. But that's covid and 2021 preseason for you. On a PPG basis, SKC would have won... because they won their only game.

As for the actual LA game, some interesting notes (I didn't stream live, but have watched clips and read through reports after):
    • From what I can put together, this was the starting lineup for the club save the guys that were subbed at the 61. The one caveat to that is the GK position. Ochoa started in net, but I think that was more getting him minutes than saying he was the starter, given what we know with Freddy.
    • That means the starting lineup consists of the expected back four (Toia, Glad, Silva, and Herrera) a middle two with the uiz Boys (Pablo R and Everton L), an attacking group of Julio, Kreilach, and Rusnak, with Rubin at the top.
    • Which means, unless Freddy was going to do a big tactical shift, Rusnak will be playing wide left with Kreilach the attacking mid spot.