Preparing for the 2006/07 Season

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    So, there are some holes that need to be filled and some questions that need to be answered. Here are just a small sampling of what we are in for:

Does Caneira stay or go back to Valencia? He may have fit in nicely with Sporting, but his transfer fee may be a little too rich for our blood...

Do we sign Polga, or was this just a season in which he needed to play well to get a nice, juicy contract? Is this the real Polga, or just a mirage?

Abel - do we hand over cash and players to Braga, try to work something out?

Deivid - get rid of him or give him another chance?

Ricardo, Liedson, Moutinho, Nani - sold to the highest bidder or to be kept?

Is Paulo Bento staying or going? How will the top brass (President, SAD, etc.) look like during the summer?

Fabio Paim, Daniel Carriço, Zezinando, Tomané, Adrien Silva - do we give these kids a chance to be the next Figo, Beto, Simão (and so on...) during the pre-season?

Who do we get from the SuperLiga that would fill holes? We need a GK, CB (maybe two), some backs (left and right, depending on Abel and Caneira), a DM (Luis Loureiro is not dependable as a fill-in for Custódio), a reliable, consistent No. 10, a better forward to spell Liedson every now and then, a natural "esquerdinho", and someone to step up to fill the heart-and-soul role soon to be vacated by Sá Pinto.

Whew - lots of questions, and hopefully some answers soon...

2. Forever-Sporting

Forever-Sporting New Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    alright ill give this a shot.

1) Valencias RB is the 40 year old Carboni so they may be looking to get a semi youthfull Caniera back in their line up, especially when they make their champs league appearance next year. other than that ide like to see him stay i think he gives the team some experience.

2) Polga: keep him sign him to a one year contract? if what we saw this year was the real deal and he does it again next year we can sign him again for a longer stay. or to "test" him maybe loan him out somewhere and see how he preforms.

3) Abel: Could Miguel Garcia fill in his position?? if yes then perhaps send abel away if hes asking for too much if he doesnt want to much $$$ then keep him.

4) Deivid: loan him back to France. simple and easy

5) Ricardo, Liedson, Moutinho, Nani - all of them should stay. Liedsons contract has already been signed and we should use Moutinho and Nani and not ship em away like Quaresma, Ronaldo or Viana. Ide like to see them put in some years at sporting b4 moving. as for ricardo, i doubt we can afford a better keeper/ there are none really available :confused:

6) Like UEFA magazine put it, Sporting have their own version of the Special One. enough said i want him here.

7) For the kids to play someone needs to make room. as i see it Luis Loureiro, Douala, Deivid, Romagnoli, Sa pinto, and maybe even Joao Alves and possibly Koke are all going to be leaving. that opens up 4 possible spots in the midfield and 2 forward positions, as JLR says let the kids play. they will be able to get a feel for top level competition during pre-season.

8) As for bringing people in: the Backs- Paito could come back and so could Semedo if thats really nesessary and Rogerio might come back. Moutinho wears the number 10 on the under 21 team so why cant he for sporting. hes been called the next rui costa, give him another step closer to achieving that. For another striker, Valera could return, hes rumored to be the next drogba lets see if thats true. and for the heart and soul of our team, ive heard u guys mentioning Carlos Martins. If he is consistanly healthy then i think he could fill in this position. OR OR OR OR... FIGO, of all the times hes been interviewed at inter he hasnt once written off returning to sporting. if i remember he was even liking the thought of returning to lisbon. The fans will love him and im sure he will feel proud of playing at sporting again.

theres my attempt at ur questions :p

3. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto
    Caneira is not in the hands of Sporting, Valencia will decide if he stays or if they sell!

Is this the real Polga, or just a mirage? Lets hope thats not the real Polga, Sporting would be in trouble! Faired a bit better than to the previous season! Sporting should stay with him!

Abel hasn't proved anything yet! and for the price of Wender?? Sporting lose in so many ways! (3-2) Retreive Wender & try to buy him out if the see reasonable!

Deivid was a God! Now he could only be summarized as garbage!? Didn't fare well beside Liedson!He was always "Nothing" in my book.

Ricardo, Liedson, Moutinho, Nani - sold to the highest bidder or to be kept?
    Ricardo has to go, especially if Portugal goes deep into the World Cup! Liedson had a bad season (his heart isnt with the team anymore). Sell him! Should lose money though, 9 million for Liedson??Never! Moutinho & Nani have to stay on Sporting to progress, espesially Moutinho(next rui costa?No.)

Is Paulo Bento staying or going? If Sporting want to make a challenge for the League they will need to keep this guy! So much respect I have for paulo Bento, and I speak for many ppl on that!Excellent Coach!

Fabio Paim, Daniel Carriço, Zezinando, Tomané, Adrien Silva - do we give these kids a chance to be the next Figo, Beto, Simão (and so on...) during the pre-season? If yes. Porto & Benfica will be the only contenders for the Liga Betandwin.com!

I agree, without Sa Pinto, the team is gonna lose alot of the garra it shows every now and then! Sporting need to take a chance in the brazilian market and forget about the Superliga! The 9 million euros Sporting wasted on Liedson was a waste of talent! Sporting would look so much better with a player like "Anderson" The Clube has to change their destiny, recognized as the 2nd rate team from lisbon behind Benfica, as if living in the shadows!

4. Forever-Sporting

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Wanna explain how leidson has been garbage?

hes tied for 3rd in the league with 14 goals.

5. Forever-Sporting

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Also wender has done nothing for braga since the game with sporting.

6. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So...it sounds like you are basically saying all of Sportings youth players are no good. Where did Porto's star Quaresma from? Definitately not Porto, Todays Porto doesnt give its youth Portuguese players much opportunities but Sporting does so Sporting will look to bring these young players into the lineup thats the way this club operates. These players wont bring success immiediately, but if they stay in the system Sporting could return to glory in the future.

Also if Liedson's heart was not with the team, why did he sign a contract this year when he had the opportunity to go abroad to teams in La Liga such as I beleive Real Betis, Sevilla and co?

7. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great assessment, I agree with pretty much all of it.
    Thats right bring the young guys in
    and give Varela a chance on Sporting, I want to see how a Liedson-Varela partnership performs Varela has talent and I see potential in him.
    all the younger guys like Paim, semedo etc should be brought up.

but the problem is with Sa Pinto leaving, and so many young players
    Sporting will lack experience and with alot of young players on the team it will be natural to expect some inconsitent performances at times.
    would be great if Figo came back, he would be the answer to this problem but he is loved at Inter and will stay there at least for next season so he will surely not come next year.

I say SCP should keep Abel and Polga.

8. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto
    I never said there no good, Joao Moutinho is good, no, he's great, but Nani is a perfect example of why Sporting wont win the league by renewing youngsters! He messes up alot, reacts bad against pressure, and he's also Portista since young(his brother said,also a player) so I hold no grudges! as for Quaresma starting in Sporting, well when he started in sporting he went to Barcelona & NOT REAL MADRID!:) Porto gave him the defensive, disciplinary and offensive skills that he needed to become a World Class Player!"Sporting gave him wheels, Porto gave him new rims":cool: You said "wont bring success imediately", poor ratings, poor fan support, when they have a chance they sell their players!And they tried to keep all players from UEFA and now theyre worthless(eg. Douala)

LIEDSON was looking for that BIG FAT PAYCHECK! and seeing how he was Sporting superstar he could remain a fan favourite in Lisbon, with little pressure from the city fans! Meyong is the leader in goals, doesnt mean he's worth 9 million euros, If it makes you happy, Diego was bought for 8 mill and he is definetly not worth that, even though there are teams which will probably even exceed that limit because of the prestige that Porto have FOR DEVELOPING PLAYERS (eg. Carvalho, Deco, Maniche, paulo Ferreira)Created each 1 of the following! Liedson making 9mill, you expect ADRIANO-like figures in a very weak league! With that said, I do believe Liedson will have a better season next year so dont worry!:D

9. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Damn, I've sat by and read you post some of the dummest post ever on BS, but this one really proves that you are a bandwagon TRIPEIRO.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nani does mess up sometimes I agree, but hes still a teenager so it is natural for him to be inconsistent and make mistakes but with experience he will refine his game and become a more intelligent player and use his talent more effectively.
    Like I said with a policy of renewing young players and building a team around them, most likely not much trophies will come in the short term but if they stick with them then they will definitely come as the team grows with experience Sporting is on the right track imo.

Nani is a Portista? guess what he plays for Sporting its his team and pays his salary, do you think that means he sits in the sporting locker room at half time hoping that FC Porto won their match??
    Hey Nuno Gomes was a Porto fan too, but that didnt stop him from scoring two goals in the Dragao this season:rolleyes:

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Huh....The kid has a solid future with Sporting they cant sell him he is just to valuable to his club.

He is still young and has alot ot learn but the Positives outway the negatives this kid is for real.

SHOW HIM THE MO FO MONEY THATS WHAT HE SAID

12. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Hes back!!!

LMAO....sorry i cound't help it:D

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Funny I heard that before:p

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    dude ALi G. sick! nice pic

15. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Rumours have Real Madrid interested in Boa Morte. Could SCP afford him and if so, would he be a good fit?

16. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto
    I dont understand how that Benefits Sporting!???hahaha Sporting or Real Madrid, hmmm??

EVERYONE BE REALISTIC!!

Sporting will only get players you've never heard of!
    Like Coke's, Ramaghnoli's, Mota's & David's!

17. Forever-Sporting

Dec 10, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Yea i mean really who the hell has heard of Cristiano Ronaldo or Ricardo Quaresma oooor Luis Figo. If uve ever heard of these people plz gimmie some information about them:rolleyes:

Sporting rarely need to buy players, usually they can develop a player to fill that position, and cuz they dont have the $$$. And speaking of players uve never heard of : Alan, Ivanildo, Anderson, Sokota etc.

18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    who are Porto's "Players everyone knows about"

probably only Quaresma (ex-SCP), Lucho Gonzalez and Benni McCarthy

that being said, no Boa Morte wont be coming to Sporting.

19. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto
    Ok, lets begin: VITOR BAIA (part of the golden generation, won the Champions League, Uefa Cup & The tacas das tacas(Barcelona), One of Portugal's best goalie ever! 7th best in Uefa's ranking)

PEPE(surely a player who is gonna be sold for 20+ million, and is wanted by teams like Deportivo & Bayern is pretty popular!)

ANDERSHOW(Chelsea want him, Porto have him! Rated the Best U17 player in the World!)

LUCHO(A starter on the Argentina Team, Portos Heart & Soul!)

DIEGO( Surely we don't want him but he sure is pretty popular around the world)

QUARESMA( developed in Sporting, left to Barca, Injured, Came to Porto still sucked, Co Adriaanse comes along, CREATES one of the best Portuguese players, Very Popular, wanted by Real Madrid/Chelsea(Abola)

McCARTHY(he's well known)

and let's not forget Maniche, Carvalho, Ferreira, Costinha, Derlei, Magico DECO, Jorge Costa, Alenitchev & so on... I didnt want to comeback but you leaded me no choice

20. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So your saying Adriansee contributed to Quaresmas success>Now way bro we all knew Quaresma was gonna be good but helping porto like he is now.

Its simple take out Quaresma out of the Lineup and you guys wouldnt even be in 1st place.

21. CR7!

CR7! New Member

May 19, 2005
    adriaanse certainly played a part in helping quaresma become a more effective player, certainly not carrying around as big an attitude as last year and playing more for the team as well.

22. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    none of these guys are there anymore.
    Im talking about current players

Diego = Flop, isnt even on the squad anymore
    Anderson= young player who looks promising, but he is by no means famous internationally yet
    Quaresma- I pointed him out
    Pepe - I dont think he is a famous player.
    Lucho - I mentioned him
    McCarthy - I mentioned him

Baia- thats right I forgot him, he is definitely famous player

You come back here, and bring up a truckload of players who dont even play for Porto anymore as being "internationally famous"
    well using your criteria (talking about former Porto players) Sporting the team with players nobody knows (according to you)

well former Sporting players:
    Luis Figo, C ronaldo, Quaresma, Paulo Futre, Joao Pinto, Schmeical, etc
    rui jordao, yazalde etc etc

I know its easy to come and kick Sporting when they are down...
    Even easier once Porto has the title wrapped up already
    but true sporting fans will stay by the team through the hard times and the good times!

VIVA O SPORTING

23. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Why are we talking about Porto in a Sporting thread? Why do I need to continuously remind people of the rules? When will people start to learn? How many bans do I need to request???

GET TO THE TOPIC AT HAND!

24. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Yannick Djalo is a great player for Sporting CP in the Future

Roy,

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am just as excited about Fabio Paim and Daniel Carriço. Roy, being our resident prospect guru ;) , if you were to pick ONE youngster to crack the line-up, who would it be and why?