Premier League Suspended - Returns June 17, First Liverpool Game June 21

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Samarkand, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Floyd was a Christian who was active in ministry work in Houston TX before moving to MN in 2018. I don't know for sure, but I think he would be disappointed in what is happening in the wake of his death.

2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I think the first one has an edge...

3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I really don;t think it's a big deal if we have to play Everton at say Villa park or St. James Park oe Elland Road or wherever...

whoi cares when there won;t be spectators anyway ....

4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It’s more about the absurdity of it. The league decided to play the games in home grounds, but singled out Liverpool fans as not being trustworthy enough to host their own game.

5. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It was 2-0 to the home team. There are 4 min highlights on LFCTV GO.

Players looked reasonably sharp. Some good work from Mane and Keita.

6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Is the schedule gonna pick up consecutively with the same games? starting with Palace, then Everton ...?

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Well, it is prob to be expected ... 30 years without a title, etc ....

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I wonder what DAZN and US broadcasters will do .... ?

Armchair viewers will be given the option of hearing fake crowd noise when the Premier League returns.

Sky are one of the channels considering using crowd noise during live coverage from games played behind closed doors.
    But it is understood Sky - which has several live channels including Main Event and Premier League - could show their games on one channel with crowd noise and without on another.

Even though fans have been sceptical about fake crowd noise - which could be used from the FIFA video game - it has gone down well in the Bundesliga. BT Sport used it for Borussia Dortmund’s game with Bayern Munich and it was well received rather than hearing the eerie noise of an empty stadium.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Premier League has recorded just one positive coronavirus case from 1,197 samples of players and coaches in the fifth round of testing before the 2019/20 season resumes.

Shortly after the announcement, Tottenham Hotspur confirmed that the case had come at their club.

That person will now self-isolate for seven days. "Due to medical confidentiality, the individual's name will not be disclosed,"

11. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I'm kinda looking forward to hearing what the players and coaches are shouting during the games , stuff normally not audible due to crowd noise.

I expect a fair amount of Oi! Fuxakes , Dejan! :)

delaynomo repped this.
  12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #537 Red Bird, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Given that some of us mute the sound there will not much of a change.

zaqualung and SamScouse repped this.
  13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he will claim it anyway!

(I stole that joke)

Suss repped this.
  15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    based on the German games I've caught, I don't think you'll be able to tell who's saying what - too much echo in an empty stadium and usually 3-4 guys yelling at the same time. I'm surprised by how much I want to have the added sound. I know it seems like total plastic BS, but with no fans and just a (potentially droning) commentator, it just feels totally wrong. zero atmosphere and totally weird. I may change my mind if I do hear added sound of course - but there's always the mute button.

as an aside ... DAZN have a couple of full-length LFC games online at the moment. I'm gonna watch the LCFC (away) game tonight. for me that was one of top performances, we dominated the hell out of them (they were 2nd place team at the time) for 90 minutes.

16. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I've watched a couple German games (cranked up the kodi box). One had the piped in fan noise , the other nothing but as I don't speak German I defo couldn't grasp what was being said anyway. Still the atmosphere harked back to my coaching days with all the talking from players/coaches.

I can live with either the artificial or no atmosphere . I've watched plenty of the u23's and u18's which are played in front of sparse crowds with pretty much similar atmospheres too .

delaynomo repped this.
  17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5 subs approved.

not even sure why it warranted a vote.

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    and 9 subs on the bench.

I think small clubs were concerned about the 9 subs thing since they don't have bg enough squads.

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Tottenham have revealed that one of their players has tested positive for Covid-19 and will self-isolate for seven days, although he is not experiencing any symptoms of the virus. The London club want to keep his identity confidential. It is understood he is not a key first-team player.

20. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don’t think the 5 subs favors the big clubs necessarily. The amount of fixtures was always going to benefit the bigger clubs because they can rotate their starting lineups and are used to playing midweek in Europe.

Smaller clubs do not have the squads to make changes to their starting lineup. The 5 subs could help them keep their first eleven fresh and make rotation less necessary.

21. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What is the logic behind more subs?

22. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Perhaps its a way to prevent injuries, heat related exhaustion, fitness issues. They have used water breaks in the past for tournaments and I do recall there was a big push to increase substitutes.

It will more than likely be used as a time wasting tactic. :p

newterp repped this.
  23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't be time wasting anymore than previously - they will do the same as Germany - 3 times to make subs - excluding half-time.

SamScouse repped this.
  24. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They are playing lots of games in a short period of time during the hot months. There was a long break and there are no friendlies to ease their way back into it. Next season will also start shortly after this one ends. I think it makes sense to do anything they can to lighten the load on the players.

hubbabubba and burning247 repped this.
  25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool Echo ....

The upcoming Merseyside derby is set to be shown on Sunday June 21 when the Premier League makes its return, according to reports. Everton will host Liverpool on the first full matchweek after the restart, and the game is set to be handed a prime slot of a 7pm kick off.

.... all we need now is a location. :)