Premier League - Matchday 6 - North London Derby - September 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalMetro, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good day at the office

2. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This might sound corny but, I wonder how much having a keeper like Ramsdale, a one-man psychotic cheering squad, helps to rev up supporters in the stadium? The atmosphere was better than I’ve seen it in a long time

DaPrince84, daedalus and maskito repped this.
  3. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have a great Sunday everyone

maskito and Super Llama repped this.
  4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great assist in the first half though.

BIGHMW and daedalus repped this.
  5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #180 NorthBank, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Lucas had 2 highlight moments: the one we all remember is the shot that produced Ramsdale's wonder save. But the other one is something I missed at the time: On the build-up to their goal, after he clattered into Granit's knee and probably did some ligament damage, he felt bad and stayed with Xhaka, consoling and apologizing perhaps... he stayed there for more than a few moments, until he realized the play was ongoing and a goal was possibly coming. That was a rare scene of compassion there, in this age of sport, played by ruthless gazillionaires.

BIGHMW, mebeSajid, daedalus and 2 others repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's been floated as a theory on some of the pods I listen to. Along with the fact that he vocally organizes a defense in a way that Leno seems not to.

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My parting thought...

Yesterday afternoon I put on a dark red shirt.

Watched one of my red teams achieve an underdog derby win away at Yankee Stadium.

Decided to sleep in that red shirt.

Left it on in the morning, with the NLD in mind.

Just sayin...

BIGHMW repped this.
  8. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it could be 2 people and i would think it was amazing of him rather than something to mock.

it's easy to come out/stay out to clap for thousands of fans showering you with love and adulation when you're playing well, scoring goals, and winning. it's way tougher to thicken your skin and still pay respect to the fans who are most likely pissed at both your team and you.

9. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah, i've heard it discussed too and it makes sense. i think someone who keeps more to himself would have been a better fit for a koscielny (who is quiet himself) and mertesacker (who is already a leader and vocal) pairing. with our defensive line being both in flux and fairly fragile, having someone vocal has to help. and, with many of them being young, a cheerleader would certain help.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  10. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    seriously. with that money, it would need to be in the Bs - plural - to even go past couch cushions money.

11. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    and we were linked with emerson royal enough that, apparently, we all but had him only for arteta to not like the fit so he nixed it. in the end, i think both clubs got the player profile they wanted.

you sort of have to wonder the same thing that arteta was probably considering, though . . . reguilon, to my understanding, bombs forward on the regular like tierney does so, if the right-back does the same thing, your defense would be fairly exposed unless you have an all-world do-everything pairing back there.

12. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want chime in w/ more Ramsdale love from today. Even on Son’s goal, he nearly tipped it past the far post, and he was clearly upset with himself for not doing better. Hard not to love that guy. Clear #1 GK for us right now

BIGHMW and daedalus repped this.
  13. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, and that save he made late on the dipping ball he pushed onto the crossbar. If he doesn't do that, and Harry Kane doesn't blow the chip when he was in...

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaron Ramsdale...... MY MOTM, despite both Saka and ESR both getting a goal and an assist each, it was Aaron Ramsdale that took my honor with his gutsy performance this afternoon and yes he got a piece of it, but unlike Jack Parkman at the plate against Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn in Major League II, he couldn't quite rename it.

"Well here it comes PARKMAN, ol' Number 1 The Terminator, you get a piece of it, you can rename it"

- Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn (played by Charlie Sheen) in Major League II

But still the man has just not quit in goal for us, ever since earning the #1 job away from Bernd Leno, he has been worth every penny we paid Sheffield United during the summer to get him in an Arsenal shirt, if you agree with me, rep my post!!!

15. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to see Harry Kane have to eat humble pie and show his supporters (or at least the ones who stayed to the bitter end) the respect they deserve even though you are being pretty much forced to eat shit on this given 190th edition of the North London Derby, indeed The Gunners kicking off the next 100 years of the NLD on the correct foot. Well done guys!!!

17. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard it's over a bill

18. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i am not aware of a situation where kane has shown disrespect to his/spurs supporters where he would need to eat humble pie.

19. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that's . . . . significant.

but not, i don't think, enough to force them to sell. someone like the glazers might but kroenke/walton probably have enough in their overhead fund to ride that out if they feel like it.

Tonerl repped this.
  20. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope but I didn't mean it in that way, I was just thinking that maybe fans were so ticked at him especially after he missed an open goal in which I was quite surprised he did, normally Harry Kane buries those but you know deep down how much of a competitor he truly is, how do you think England depend on him to deliver the World Cup this coming year in Qatar so when he misses for Scums he is in some people's minds also missing for England too.

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know if y'all caught this warm moment between Arteta and the club photographer Stuart MacFarlane, but there must be some kind of backstory there. Maybe just that Stuart was one of Mikel's believers, or maybe because he predicted 3-1, or ... anybody know?

Tonerl and maskito repped this.
  22. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I don't know what that's about. But I definitely know what this clip is all about.

NorthBank and Tonerl repped this.
  23. FC RASTA

FC RASTA Member

Mar 28, 2005
    California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw 15 mins of highlights sun and replay today. Team played better and it's a good victory.
    BUT....some players need to catch up w the rest.
    Xhaxa had 4 fouls in 33 mins and a possible pk not called because we were the home team. he is bad.

50 mil Benny is not very good for a defender w EPL experience. Holdings is better.

KT on the left can learn a lot from tomi. KT needs to learn how to defend and cross...otherwise convert him to a winger.

I still don't see the partey that everyone hypes Abt. He completes some passes, is slow and injury prone.

I'll take lokonga or Miles.

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Things I love

ian Wright

Dennis bergkamp

beating spurs

NorthBank, Tonerl and daedalus repped this.
  25. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Normally I think your re too much but I'm 100% with you on Xhaka, the only good pass I legit thought he made turned out to be stepping on Hjoberg and causing him to pass to Tierney for the counter attack.

Xhaka is not good.