Premier League - Matchday 12 - Liverpool v. Arsenal - November 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalMetro, Nov 19, 2021.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Football pundits live for posts like this. No analysis of the match, just “mental games,” which none of these pundits are qualified to talk about since they aren’t psychologists. And the fans who also don’t really understand the game lap this up

daedalus repped this.
  2. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are talking about the slimmest margins here. It’s like one more loss for United than Arsenal and one more draw.

United have a better team than Arsenal, but Arsenal do not have high expectations anymore. If this was ten years ago, we would be asking if Wenger is losing it based on this start.

daedalus repped this.
  3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I do believe our attacking play is held back by the fact we need two players to do the job of one CF. This attack would look markedly different if we had Tammy Abraham.

daedalus repped this.
  4. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    SPOT ON

The game today is so "specialized" that if you have the incorrect profiles in particular roles they f*** up the entire process. I'm just tired of fans talking about things broadly and abstractly without drilling down.

Okay so you don't like xyz, explain to me why and then explain to me what should happen. Otherwise it's just a word salad.

Remember when people said Tammy is a "Chelsea Reject" funny how that worked out for Salah, Livramento, Lamptey, and Tammy. The UK media based narratives around the EPL are so annoying because fanbases get brainwashed. Literally

daedalus, mebeSajid and DaPrince84 repped this.
  5. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    You missed de Bruyne.

daedalus repped this.
  6. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Tammy Abraham has 3 goals in over 1100 minutes for the 5th best club in Serie A. Mourinho recently had to say he wasn't concerned about Abraham's poor run of form. What am I missing here?

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    His npxg/90 is > .5, which is high.

DutchCane repped this.
  8. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    LOL do you see their midfield?

9. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it's true and it's even worse with arteta, i think, because he wants incredibly specific skillset and style from each spot on the pitch.

10. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    I don't watch them play, that's kind of why I was asking what I'm missing because on the surface, it doesn't seem like he's tearing it up. I know Roma wanted Xhaka but let the deal fall apart over 2.5m euros, so if their midfield sucks that seems like a poor decision by them (so, so sad for Jose).

Is that just Serie A or all comps? He's scored 4 in that mickey mouse competition that sp*rs are in that includes 8th best club in Lichtenstein or whatever.

Scoring less than .25 g/90 on .5 xg/90 could be a guy that is given opportunities but can't convert them. Or could be a guy that's unluckly. Like I said, I don't watch them.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Abraham is annoying. Shows flashes of brilliance and misses lots of chances

I like the idea of a hybrid striker here bough with pace who can hold the ball up

Calvert Lewin would do well here but too expensive