Premier League - Matchday 10 - Leicester v. Arsenal - October 30, 2021

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ArsenalMetro, Oct 29, 2021.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gonna watch the match if the day highlights

missed the game but it sounds like our early blitz tactics and then suicidal sit back for 70 mins worked again

at least we have another footballer and towering hulk partnership in defence

it’s the key

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  2. danielh

danielh Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just so you’re aware you’re gaslighting.

daedalus repped this.
  3. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    I thought it was more that Leicester was really bad in the first half. Just sloppy passing and had nothing in midfield to connect the back 3 to the front 3 of Maddison, Vardy and Iheanacho.

At half, they made two subs and went to a back 4 and that was the big change. After 15 minutes, Arteta brought in Odegaard and that helped a little bit, but those minutes after half were all Leicester.

daedalus repped this.
  4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i'm not going to claim to speak for super llama but he isn't "getting on ramsdale back" - either for today or "all the time". he is neither the "we're winning the league" after 2 wins fan nor the "we're getting relegated" after 1 loss fan. he is simply looking at who he feels is playing well vs poorly in the game he is looking at. he addressed the shot-stopping just as much as he addressed what he felt was poor distribution.

i may not always agree with him but his thoughts are always backed by reasons.

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #80 NorthBank, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    Hmm. I certainly was/am not aware of doing anything over-the-line. You want to elaborate?

Have you (re)read the whole transcript of what Llama and I said?

p.s. I do remember calling them "grumpy" and suggesting they might wanna go back to bed, after they were repeatedly dissing Ramsdale during a lights-out performance, and after he made what many called the save of the season, and was perhaps more responsible than anyone for preserving 3pts. And I also recall them saying something that clearly seemed ageist, which I basically called them on, in a reasonable way. Did you catch that?

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a rewatch, Partey was even better than I remembered. Set Saka loose for what led to ESR's goal with a really clever little loopy chip out to the right. And was first to the ball on the rebound on Ramsdale's ridiculous save to clear it off the line and hook it away.

Silva 5 and maskito repped this.
  7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That pass had echoes of Paddy, no?

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's demonstrated he's got some decent passes in his locker. But I'm loathe to make any comparison to the best central midfielder in the Prem ever.
    :D

9. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Paddy knows not to lash it into Row Z from outside the box ;)

10. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC