Alert: Premier League: Manchester United vs Liverpool - Feb 11,2012[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nimma, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Rollins

Rollins New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Northern England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmmm, I think I got off on the wrong foot here. Wasn't trying to toss "season ticket holder bullshit" out there, just trying to express the fact that I have been to a few Liverpool home matches and that Evra's reaction wasn't unwarranted, unexpected, nor unprecedented. Tough crowd.

Lynne, you are correct, I don't have a lot of time to spend on here as I don't have access to the Internet at work, and am a bit busy on matchdays. As for your lack of attention to me....I am sure I will learn to deal with the loss.....

2. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Evans being compared to Jones at CB is a joke...Evans is miles ahead....

3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rollins, some people on here have very thin skin. Keep posting.

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And people wonder why newbies dont stick around.

5. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rollins, don't worry about these guys. Do stick around and feel welcome to post more often.

6. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Oh please, you all are acting as if every new person that posts here gets attacked or something. Get a few things straight before you hop on the whine-wagon:

1) He's not a "newbie". He's been here longer than all of us.

2) He called me out when I wasn't even talking to him, am I supposed to hug him after that?

3) Twice now he's responded to the wrong poster. He's not doing himself any favors.

The fact is if a person comes here and they're not a regular but they're polite they get welcomed.

I mean we have thebigman posting here regularly for crying out loud, how can you people whine about us being mean to outsiders?

EDIT: On that note, happy Valentines day. :)

7. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All very valid points Vince. Given his join date, he is not a newbie as you say, but he also doesn't post here very often, if ever.

He fell for your wind up. It happens.

Yes, he may not be as up to speed on forum/board etiquette, but then, neither was Playboy not so long ago. He adjusted eventually, after putting up with some flack at first.

For myself, I'm merely pointing out that I hope he doesn't feel intimidated to keep posting here and contributing. Everything else can be worked on. If NM can be half trained, there is still hope for Rollins. :D

In all seriousness though, I can see how it might be intimidating for someone who doesn't post here often to keep on contributing after they have committed a board faux pas and been called on it by the more regular posters.

8. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What Vince is really trying to say is

[​IMG]

9. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    No internet at work!!!!!:eek: That's almost inhumane!

Re the game.....I wonder if the television coverage muted the crowd noise? To me there was noticeably NO singing -- I still haven't watched half #1, so maybe people were bored by the time half #2 rolled around?

10. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    did you watch the match on mute :confused::confused:

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    another thing re Evans that doesn't get mentioned enough. He's excellent on the ball and a good decision maker. Whether it is taking it down and distributing, dribbling an onrushing striker or bounding into midfield, he's equally adept and an asset to the team in possession play.

12. Rollins

Rollins New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Northern England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lynne...pretty common over here for Sky Sports/ESPN to reduce the background noise on games when there is.....controversial chants. A whole lot of the "Racist Bastard", "Luis Suarez, you know what you are", chants. A good friend of mine laments over the days when technology wasn't as good and you could here everything the crowd was singing...those weret the good old days. However, I can assure you it was as loud, if not louder, in the second half as the first.

Yeah, the Internet thing is a pain...no mobile phones either.

@everyone else....I have a pretty thick skin. It is much more unnverving to have everyone talk about you while you are standing in the same room......:)