Alert: Premier League: Manchester United vs Liverpool - Feb 11,2012[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nimma, Feb 9, 2012.

1. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, it's known you don't watch all the matches, no problem then, plenty of us will watch the next match and root for the teams and the players.

2. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ouch.:D

3. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I do love when plastics, like NM, profess to be super fans.

4. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What I do now cunto:D

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Nothing. I was merely having a friendly conversation with our K:thecore replacement.

6. jmartin1966

jmartin1966 Member+

Jun 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Evra had the high ground by offering to shake hands with Suarez. The celebrating was fine until he ended up about 10 feet from Suarez. Then it just looked like Evra was trying to provoke Suarez. It wasn't the worst thing in the world but it would have been better not to do it.

7. lionmessi

lionmessi Member

May 27, 2008
    evra isnt exactly a saint either. he provoked suarez by racially abusing him for being a latino, suarez responded by calling him black. they both racially abused each other but since england has history of black slavery calling black people negro(which just means black in spanish) is deemed wrong

8. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was clearly a misunderstanding. What people don't know, is that in Evra's home town it is customary and perfectly normal to celebrate at the tunnel stand last, whilst clapping and doing a sideways jig with the linesman. He was obviously unaware of Suarez's presence and it was all coincidental. I'm sure he could find some people from his old neighbourhood who can back up and prove this traditional celebration.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Wrong.

10. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Incorrect, and Evra doesn't have to be a saint to expect the PL to defend him against racist behavior.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    And Santa Claus and unicorns are real as well.

12. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Alan Hansen (MOTD): "Suarez has let Kenny down, he's let the club down, I think it's unacceptable"

13. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    ******** that Dbag. He's only saying that because SAF put him in his place not too long ago. Also, he doesnt want to go the way of those other two commentators who might've lost there job for some controversial comments regarding the racist thing.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I actually don't mind Hansen.

He is a bit of a relic from a different era but he is fairly impartial and was fairly good at analyzing defensive tactics/mistakes when he could be arsed back in the day.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah of the MOTD lot, he seemed to be the most aware of what was actually happening on the pitch. Which is not saying much, but it is all I can say.

16. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    See, things like this line of defense is why Suarez and Liverpool have done themselves no favours in the last few months. While the emboldened text might be true in South America, neither Liverpool nor Man United are situated there and so it means nothing.

It MIGHT have meant something had Suarez only arrived from South America recently, but he had not. He had been in England for the guts of a year, and Amsterdam for three and a half years prior (Holland having a very similar culture to England and a lot of black folks as well as historical racial issues, as well as the Dutch speaking as good (probably better :D) English as most in the UK). There is no way whatsoever that he did not know the meaning of the term 'negro' in a European/English language context -none- and to suggest as much is farcical. It is then made even more farcical by the fact that (as referenced by Liverpool fans around the time of the incident) he would have been using it in an "affectionate and friendly" manner in the first match, which simply could not have been the case as the two players were at each other from start to finish.

That would cal into question the character of the two players in terms of the incident. First of all, Evra is no saint and has priors, such as the Chelsea groundsman incident, the World Cup debacle (oooohhh, how I loved that handball karma :D!) and generally being hotheaded at times. Suarez however, has a history of being a very dirty player, such as biting an opponent, trying to break another's leg, and that vicious kick he gave somebody in the kidneys only a few weeks ago. He also has a history of being devious, cheating, and trying to get under the skin of others, such as giving the finger to Fulham fans, fouling players cynically while diving at the slightest touch (or non-touch), and constantly going to egregious lengths to con the ref. He is well, well known for this and has been for some time. If it is a question of character, then Evra (by default, if nothing else) wins out by some margin.

In light of all this, to claim suarez was unaware of what he was doing by repeatedly referring to Evra as a 'negro' is simply the most worthless line of defense one could use. And besides, as Liverpool fans were so quick to point out when Gerrard was found not guilty of affray for so bravely assaulting a DJ with the assistance of 4-5 of his mates back in 2010, if he was found innocent, he must be innocent, and that is that. Except in the case of Suarez, you can replace 'innocent' for 'guilty'. Simple as that. ;)

Evra simply has not done anything wrong here, up until the celebration at the end (though I did enjoy that :-D). Manchester United have done nothing wrong in their handling of the situation (as Ferguson chastised said celebration). On the other hand Suarez and Liverpool have simply done nothing right here, up until Suarez didn't react to Evra's celebration at the end. From making the enquiry public and constantly commenting on it, to the Suarez t-shirts, to the victim mentality, to the attempts of charactert assassination at Evra, to all the other attempts to barter public sympathy and have trial by media, and even to the racist taunting of Evra by some fans two weeks ago (as well as another black player in the Carling Cup, for which Dalglish actually defended them), they literally have not nothing even remotely correct in their handling of the situation.

Yet, because they are Liverpool and we are Man Utd, they expect the media and general public to take their side against the 'big, evil winning machine'. Only that's not going to happen with an issue like this.

17. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, the world is laughing at England.

18. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Geh' weg. Wir wollen dich nicht hier. Du solltest nicht ohne Intelligenz sprechen.

19. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Glad to see Rooney catching fire again and being decisive.

This is the hardest run of fixtures in the year and so far so good.

20. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why because the county actually does something against racism or would it be better to just ignore everything like Spain.

21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know I complain about Young but thank God it wasnt the other Villa winger we got, Aston Villa should be trialled for deception.

22. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Disappointing from Suarez, and that's putting it mildly. Even if he truly believes he's innocent, he had the opportunity to be the "bigger man" but chose to take another route.

I wasn't impressed with Evra at rhe end either.

Still, the result id what I wanted, and what we got. LFC have been sent home again, with no points. Happy for Rooney, and impressed with Carrick and Scholes in midfield, too.

23. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This fool has been attempting to show lots of evidence that it was Evra who refused to shake hands, on the Liverpool forum, and getting lots of pats on the back for his concrete proof...

..and now..

Suarez apologises:
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Luis lied to us:
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ian-ayre-luis-was-wrong

Time for them to start twisting this in a new direction.:eek:

24. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    he still hasn't said sorry for racial abuse towards evra...

25. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here's the new spin from one Liverpool fan. Blame the owners for not supporting Suarez.

@nm. Suarez did apologize, but it took until a week after the verdict.