Alert: Premier League: Chelsea vs Manchester United - Feb 5,2012[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nimma, Feb 2, 2012.

1. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, for starters I thought that ball should never have come in. Evra needed to do a lot better there. Then if I saw it right it also got a slight deflection off De Gea.

Don't think there was much Jonny could do there, it was simply unlucky.

2. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ********ing go on Pries Morgan..:cool:

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Our central trio, Wayne, Giggs and Carrick need to step up a little more. They were not poor, but they certainly were not as good as they've been either.

Also, Valencia needs to get the ball a little more. They need to get it to him. But even then, it seems like a right footed LB may be his kyrptonite.

4. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He has been terrorizing Ivanovic every single time he comes up against him. He'd have done more. Especially considering Ashley Young has been 1 v 1 with his most times when he received the ball.

5. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Pretty good half, we just need to shoot more. Plenty of chances to do that and we opt for a pass rather than a 20 yard or so shot.

6. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's disappointing that the only player on Chelsea who looks to be able to hurt us did just that. Naturally, it came on Evra's side.

I haven't read through the thread so I'm not sure if it's been explained why Ferdinand is playing on Evra's side instead of Evans. Very interesting.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the squad that's out there. We have enough pace and movement to get at Chelsea. We let them get a foothold by giving the ball away too easily and even then it took a freak goal to put them in front.

For the second half I hope we try to increase the pace a bit. We can't score by walking it up and putting balls in the box. (It may be a good plan for them, though.) If we are crossing then it needs to be at the end of a counter. This is not a Chelsea team that it going to impose its will. I think we will make some small adjustments and then take it to them in the second half.

7. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It is all about angles. If you position yourself correctly in relation to the ball and goal then you minimise the chance of it being deflected towards goal. If you do not you increase the chance. Evans did the latter. Watch the replay, look at his positioning and recall some high school mathematics.

Before anyone whines consider it from an attacking perspective and reverse the situation. Evans did everything correctly to deflect the ball towards goal.

As for De Gea his only job in that situation is to cover his near post. The second he desperately tries to flick his leg out is when he adds a lot of unpredictability to the proceedings and leaves himself stranded. If he had simply covered his near post he would been in a position to stop the deflection.

8. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody pass Teso a straw.

9. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    That's because we make then tough, the respect we have for them especially at their home is a fcuking embarrassment. We go there hoping to win and looking for a draw but when they come to our home they come looking for a win.
    The mentality we have towards them is that of the bottom feeding teams when they come to Old Trafford.

Disagree with me all you want but that's how it seems to me

10. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ferdinand has been on the lcb side since October now. Regardless of his partner. It's baffled me all season.

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Rio has been playing on Evra's side all season.

12. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Their goal was all on Evra, can't allow a player round the outside there, especially as Rio had the inside covered. Amateur defending. Keano called it last week, Evra does make mistakes in big games - more so as he gets older.

Think considering our record at the Bridge, we were OK first half and unlucky. Should have had a free kick and penalty too. Webb is bottling it as so many refs have against us against Chelsea.

Time for the comeback.

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I dont know what you guys are going at Teso for, he's right.

If he was running back to stop something, then yeah, I can understand his body shape. But iirc, he's stood still squared up to our own goal.

Before that though he was magnificent.

14. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. It shows how little I've seen of the team this season.

15. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hate Evra.

16. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    lol this team is ********ing pathetic.

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Pathetic defending. Pathetic keeping. Pathetic manager.

18. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    valencia seriously just watching the play?

19. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We fell asleep. Great Mata goal and Torres assist.

20. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Now Young and Giggs decide they want to try and give them a third.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If Rooney had played to the whistle instead of instantly trying to whine to the referee he would have got that loose ball on the break.

22. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Evra is a joke.

23. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Our shape was terrible for that.

Neither Young or Evra out wide enough to pressure Torres. Rio drifted Left, forcing Rafael had to tuck-in, which left Mata unmarked.

Terrible defending.

24. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And we let him wear the captain's armband.

25. Vocalz

Vocalz ManUtd! SLB! Pt!

Dec 31, 2005
    California
    ******** me. seriously.