PREGAME THREAD: Japan vs Colombia

Discussion in 'Group C: Colombia, Ivory Coast, Japan, Greece' started by Froboy69, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Both talented and technical, the Japanese are very unpredictable and capable of creating upsets even against the strongest of teams. Colombia is also no push over when it comes to the technical side, but I am calling a draw.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really excited for this match. Think the Japanese will be the hardest test for us because we are not great with teams that play like them (Chile)

I say result depends on previous results. If Colombia wins the 1st 2 games this game will be a mixed team or reserves. Most likely at least rest James, Zuniga, Cuardrado and Yepes.... maybe even Ospina.

If its a game where they are both tied in points and need to win to eliminate each other then It will be one hell of a game. Colombia's defense stats are awesome but without a doubt it is our weakness.

3. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    With Colombia likely to have 1 to 3 points after the first two matches this will be an all or nothing match to the death. Japan better tactically and more clinical, but Colombia has the strike force to pull an upset.

4. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys also forget that this game will be played in Cuiba which is in the middle of the Amazon.. I feel that this weather is going to take a toll on the Japanese and neutralize their speed. I really hope we are already qualified to the next round when play this game.

5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Cuiabá = Pantanal

Not Amazon :)

zahzah repped this.
  6. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan did well today for Brazil. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ouch bro lol.

8. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Aw shit look at the swag~~
    (⌐■_■)

9. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #9 GoYoungrokba, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Japan likes to bring their back four up to middle.
    Their strength lies in speedy fullbacks on both flanks and strong midfield plays with creativity and efficient pressure which enable them to score many goals.
    If Japan fails to protect their backyard against the speedy Colombian forwards, it will be a disaster for them (i.e. friendly against Uruguay a year ago).