Pregame: Houston vs. RSL (Sat. 4/22/06)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best RSL line, ever.
    :)

If Ellinger goes without Brown, by inserting Kreis into the midfield, I fear for what may happen to our back 3 against Ching, DeRo and Moreno. Not that I am making a case for Brown's re-entry into our backline, but I think we need 4 defenders back there.

2. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    Spot on my friend. We're taking Klein and Ballouchy and asking them to get up and down with a lot more pressure than when we've got an outside back behind them. That pretty much makes Ballouchy, who has yet to answer questions about his defensive abilities, responsible for one of the more dangerous outside mids in the league, Mullan. And as you said, Klein, one of our best attacking options, will have to play as lot more defensively unless we're taking it to them.

3. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    In light of new information, Watson should be replaced on the bench with Cabrera.

4. USAfutbol

USAfutbol New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    I doubt that Ellinger will travel with three defensive replacements, unfortunately. He's got Brown and Akwari already. I therefore suspect that he will substitute another attacking player for the traveling squad over Cabrera.

5. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see how Watson will be on the bench since he is going to be doing the pre-game show from Fiddler's Elbow tomorrow. I'm not even sure how he is supposed to do that since he shouldn't even be allowed in given he's under 21.

6. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    I know some people, who know some people, who can get him a fake ID.

7. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might want to contact him. He might need it.

8. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope that the Fiddler's Elbow is non-smoking establishment.....I plan on being there. Besides the Loyalists and RCB, are there any BSers planning on showing up?

Come on, I know it's hard to tear your eyes away from your monitor......

9. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Fiddler's is 21+ but the Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta part of it isn't, that's why on the newsletter sent out they invite people to watch at Fiddler's Elbow/Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta. I guess it's better than nothing considering they only went for the older crowd at Lumpy's last year.

10. nessie

nessie New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Asleep
    My offer to loan you my ID (provided that you shrink a few inches and cut your hair, haha) still stands, since I'm still under indentured servitude to the M.Ed. until Wednesday...

11. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Looking into my palantir,

[​IMG]

I forsee a win for RSL. A bold prediction it may be, but a W has to come on the road sometime, somewhere.

(yes, I need to clip my nails......)

12. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    If not Cabrera, then Joey Worthen?

EDIT: This could qualify as original only in a first year MLS market. Yawn.

13. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    If Real Salt Lake is not something that you've heard often, sure, it may sound a little strange.

But the more one hears it, the more one hears a nice ring to it.

I know about all the controversy surrounding the name, (no royalty in Salt Lake, Madrid copycats, blahbiddyblah) but it has really taken root to anyone that cares about RSL.....at least, as far as I know.

*Boz prepares to get dissed*

14. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we need to get a road win eventually. I predict that it will happen.... some day. But not today. I predict that if we scrape a tie, the team will celebrate as if they won the MLS Cup and the fans will feel drunk even if they've never touched alcohol in their life.

(p.s. Boz: no F.E. for me today. I'm making apple pie and watching the game with friends.... that's the life...)

15. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Don't need a tie for that.... RSL now seems to celebrate "good effort" losses also.

16. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha.. you have a good point. Which reminds me... I hope we get a point tonight...

17. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    Some might call it "excited about improvement". ;)

18. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Awe, fresh apple pie on a perfect Happy Valley Saturday. I'm so jealous! ;)

GO ReAL!

19. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Half an hour from kickoff = time to close the pregame thread and go to the PBP thread. RSLFM, I believe the honor to start this one is yours.