Pregame: Houston vs. RSL (Sat. 4/22/06)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by RSL Fortaleza Menina, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys sing during your circle jerks too? Wow! That's impressive. That must be quite the event for you guys.

2. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, everybody shut up.

I can't decide what is more pathetic--the fact that some people care so much about GOTW, or the fact that some people care so much about GOTW.

3. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Shouldn’t you be spreading your idiotic posts on the KC boards this week?

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    We don't own them like we do you.

5. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that 3-0 loss in Salt Lake, pure ownage.

Go home. Are you too good for your home?

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Even a blind squirrel.......

7. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can score on Dallas off a set piece.

8. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, i have run out of neg rep for texgator. oooooo neg rep....

leave you bastard, go troll another board. its getting annoying.

9. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Oddly, on the latest injury report, Talley was moved from "PROBABLE" to "QUESTIONABLE". However, James Edward today confirmed Talley's expected to start.

I don't care if it ends up being Talley or Brownie, or Awkari....we're vulnerable playing only 3 in back (especially if Douglas & Cutler aren't vigilant).

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will Forko or Cabrera eve see the green of pitch?

11. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based off what I saw last weekend, I have more faith in Talley on a 3-man line than Brown or Akwari. Yes, I realize this is all relative.

12. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The Million Dollar Question!

13. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    Better question: will they ever see their names listed on the 18-player roster?

14. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    RSL beat Houston Feb 25th in Austin, 2-1. Novak & Watson both scored. Houston was without either Ching or DeRasario that night, which is best remembered for Sequeira's handiwork, which left Ryan Cochrane injured. Douglas has been very well-mannered in RSL's 3 regular season games to date. It will be interesting to see if any bad blood from Austin remains.

15. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston is almost a different team without DeRo.

16. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    RSL won't be the only attraction Saturday night...

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005
    I hope we don't reach the point in the season this early when we start calling for rookies and guys who couldn't make the bench earlier in the season (for whatever reason) to come in and be our saviours.

I'm not calling SoccerPrime or anybody else out, and I think we can all argue that one of the bigggest quetsions facing RSL is whether or not we should make a few changes where most feel they need to be made or continue and try and build some continuity with a line-up for once. But I do hope we don't get to that point where we start dreaming about the grass being greener on the reserve side of the roster. A little deja vu there when I'm already worried about the feeling that I've seen all this somewhere before.

18. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rookies a bad idea?

Rolfe and Parkhurst did fine last year.

Roberts and Sturgis did fairly well for LA in the first 3 weeks.

I say some of the players (especially defenders) aren't cutting it now. Give the rookies a chance or get someone who can get it done.

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Brown stinks.

20. RSL Fortaleza Menina

Jan 27, 2006
    global
    I have to side with SoccerPrime on this one. RSL was only 1 minute away from starting 0-3-0, and are riding a 15 match winless streak. Is that "continuity" worth preserving? And come June, Ellinger will have no choice but to play rookies.

21. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ellinger.... June?!?!?

God lets hope not.

22. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just, again, brings up the question of what is Cabrera doing (or not doing) that's keeping him off the field? And why are we hanging onto him if he's not worth playing?

23. RSLKamasBranch

Nov 2, 2005

I agree with this, and, as I've said before, I think it is time to make a change in the back. I said earlier I'd be fine with Cabrerra starting. I'd have suggested Akwari myself, but it seems he didn't come out of Saturday too well, so again, I'd be fine with Cabrerra, although I was not impressed with what I saw last year.

My post wasn't mean to come out and disagree with SoccerPrime, it just made me think that I hope we don't get into that whole unknown savior thing this early. Some younger guys will probably be called upon when Pope and DS are gone, but I don't think Forko is going to deliver results right now. Of course nobody is doing this, but I don't want to get into a situation where we start calling on guys like Noah Palmer to deliver results. Breaking them in and giving a younger guy a few minutes here or there is fine so they're more likely to be called upon when ready, but I don't think we'll find many answers if we look to reserves for results. Kind of a catch-22.

24. Ryantherusskie

Mar 17, 2006
    Where it's kept Real
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two indisputable facts learned from last season:

1. A different lineup for every game does nothing to promote team chemistry or the development of young talent.

2. Parading scores of journeymen and washed-up players through to patch perceived "holes" in the roster will also avail us nothing.

That said, the pre-season and 3 regular season matches should be enough for any manager whose head is NOT fully inserted into his rear cavity to discern that Chris Brown should not play right back for anyone but his county rec league. (or that run-on sentences indicate poor mastery of the English language. "D".)

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering 1 and 2 contradict each other for RSL, we are a rather slippery quagmire of our own making.
    ..and only 3+ games in. Nice! :eek: