Predictions?

Discussion in 'GROUP G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portuga' started by leonidas, Dec 4, 2009.

1. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    500,000 is over 300,000..

Update wikipedia if it's 500,000.

2. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    very not funny jokes on Drogba's injury

3. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Portugal 2 vs Ivory Coast 0
    Portugal 1 vs North Korea 0
    Portugal 2 vs Brazil 1

No doubt the Group of Death. North Korea scare me, but I'm going with Portugal. The toughest test for Portugal is brazil. I see this being very close.

4. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    couldn't have happened to a bigger tool. except christiano of course...

5. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Nani now injured, adding to Bosingwa's blow, its time for queiroz to impliment his epic anti-futebol tactics like he did in qualification, its the only chance with the lack of depth now on the bench.

With a healthy nani, varela, and bosingwa...portugal would have been great though.

6. nlsanand

nlsanand Member+

May 31, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Alright, know I'm a little late to the party but here it is. CIV and POR tie (I know it's already happened, but I guarantee you I called it prior to Drogba's injury at a 2-2 draw). Other results go predicatably, leaving Portugal with 4 points from 2 matches and Brazil with six. (and leaving the Ivorians on a point)

As a result, on matchday 3, both sides basically stop running, don't try and both go through (and the lusophonie is very happy). Ivorians get screwed even though they put six past the koreans.

If CIV does not want this result, they need to hold off the Brazilian attack in match 2.

7. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Portugal have every single advantage to advanve which sucks because IMO CIV ARE a better team.

Not only do they play Brazil last, when they may be resting players.

They play N Korea a day after CIV v Brazil, so in a way they will know how to handle that match.

But the most important factor nobody is talking about is that Portugal play all their games at sea level while CIV play their remaing 2 games at high altitude, and their next game v Brazil will be at the highest stadium in SA, where Brazil has already played today. Advantage Brazil. Portugal also play N Korea at sea level while CIV gets to play them at altitude. The reason why much of this WC has been boring is because of the altitude, not surprising the highest scoring game (Germany) was one of the few games played at sea level. If Portugal don't advance, they all deserve to be flogged.

8. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Ivory Coast and Brazil will advance.

NK has alot of desire and heart which they showed today vs Brazil , but they lack real quality to get the result needed.
    Therefor I think they don't have any realistic chance to advance to the next round.

As for Portugal, lets just say putting an egoist like Ronaldo as a captain instead of an experienced player like Ricardo Carvalho says it all.