Predictions for the final [R]

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Knockout Rounds' started by hk420, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hk420

hk420 New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Brazil x Argentina final

god PLEASE

thoughts?

2. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That would be one heck of a final. I don't know if my heart would be able to handle it :D

3. GoalUSA

GoalUSA New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Brazil vs. Argentina

4. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holland vs Germany/Argentina

5. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Spain-Uruguay

6. markaos

markaos New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Brazil x Argentina or Brazil x Germany.

7. gbp007

gbp007 New Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Panama
    Holland vs Spain

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I posted a message about an "all South American final" during the WC06 tournament, which was played in Europe. At the time, which was right after the group stage, the teams that had impressed me the most were Argentina and to a lesser extent Brazil. As it turned out, we ended up with an all European final between two teams that had not impressed me at all, namely Italy and France.

I wasn't totally disappointed seeing France, with Zidane, in the final that year, as I felt Zidane (if not the French team) deserved parting the game with another trophy. Yet, the team that I didn't feel deserved being anywhere close to the final, Italy, won the tournament. I guess the fact that both Italy and France (now without Zidane) were rudely kicked out in the group stage this year means that justice can take its time, but it cannot be denied forever.

Anyway, I digress. I believe the message I posted 4 years ago about an "all South American final" was 4 years too early. That this time around, we will see Argentina and Brazil in the final.

P.S.

In fairness to Italy and just for clarification: while Italy had been unimpressive in the group stage and didn't deserve beating Australia on a bogus penalty in the R16, strangely in the semi final match the Italians did outplay a good host team, Germany, a team that itself had earlier outplayed an exciting Argentine team to get there. In that sense, and only in that sense, Italy deserved being in the final, but nothing else about their performance in 2006 made them deserving of the trophy they won.

9. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    I picked Netherlands/Germany back when I had a dream about the two teams in the group stages. In a way it makes sense: the soccer gods will right the injustice of the UEFA choking in this WC by delivering the two UEFA finalists.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paraguay v. Uruguay :D

Really, though, I think Germany v. Brasil, which might be a drab final the way Brasil play.

11. guedegba

guedegba New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Brazil vs Germany, the two best teams so far in this tournament.

12. sumo 100 per cent

sumo 100 per cent New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    brooklyn, ny
    Having looked today's games (agh... how I wanted to see Brazil to be a finalist! but well... And how Ghana had such a bad luck while Uruguay made it through,) I thought the same thing.

Paraguay vs. Uruguay!
    It makes a good rhyme;)

But in reality, it'd be probably like... Germany vs. Netherlands? (back to Euro-central) or Argentina vs. Netherlands??
    I somehow can't think Spain to be there. - unlike the last Euro (for which they were super!)

13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 years ago.......I told anyone who would listen that Italy would be on the podium at the end.

Before the tournament began, my vision was Holland and Spain.

I had the Dutch taking it.

No reason to change my opinion at the moment..........:)

14. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Really want to see Uruguay - Germany and have Uruguay win so that they match the Germans with 3 World Cups each!

15. Nando69

Nando69 New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Final

Uruguay vs Germany

16. sumo 100 per cent

sumo 100 per cent New Member

Jul 2, 2004
    brooklyn, ny
    Yes. Uruguay-Germany would be far better combination as final! It's far better than vs Netherlands. Besides, Netherlands-Spain would be cool enough for semi;)

17. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is a :
    Holland - Germany Final...

18. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    Below was the post I made towards the end of the group stage, when no one was taking Netherlands or Germany(ghana and Serbia really sabotaged their mojo) to win it all. I must say I find this pretty creepy. What are the chances?? Wonder how much money I could have betting on it.

"I had a dream that Netherlands and Germany made the final, and Beckenbauer and Cruyff were sitting in the stands together. No idea who won. God damn vuvevuveuvvzelas woke me up."

Has Cruyff ever even attended any world cups after his playing days?

19. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Netherlands 2-1 Uruguay
    Germany 3-1 Spain

20. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown New Member

Nov 14, 2004
    FL

Uruguay vs Spain. We can't take any chances! ;)